Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

I`m trying to decide on a new LSP to try out on my silver 911 garage queen.` I only drive it 1k-2k miles a year, on nice summer days, so protection and durability aren`t big concerns.

`

So far I`ve been using P21S Concours Carnauba, which I like very much, but I`m thinking of trying a sealant.` I`ve selected the following options to consider:

`

1.` Zaino Z-2

2.` HD Poxy

3.` Optimum Opti-seal

4.` BF Wet Diamond

5.` Stick with the P21S carnauba

6.` Any of the first 4, topped by the carnauba

`

I`m after a wet, glossy finish that makes the silver pop, without much regard to durability or protection.` Any thoughts on these (or something else)?
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I would say Z2 or BFWD for a silver, but I doubt they will give you the wetness. For that you need to top up with a Carnauba.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used Pete`s 53 on silver before and it left the paint looking quite wet. Here is the link to the click n brag which currently sits on Autogeek.... if this is not allowed, mods please remove, or if need be, I can copy it over onto this site?

`

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-lawrence.html

Post Thanks / Like
    I used Optimum spray wax then did Opti Seal on silver,

It was very easy application and looked good..

The company then days the wax transfers above the seal.

Post Thanks / Like

Out of what you have listed, my favorite would be Opti-Seal on silver paint. It has sort of a gloss "wrapped" look to it. Second to that would be Opti-Coat but I am not sure that you want to go that route.

`

Xclusive Autoworks Inc.
    Long Island`s Paint Correction Detailing
    Opti-Coat Pro Certified & Cquartz Finest Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Opti-Seal by itself of what you`ve listed. I really don`t understand making more work for myself topping a sealant. If I like the look of a wax better, I`ll just use that wax and apply it as needed.`

`

Carnauba choice would be Clearkote Carnauba Moose or Collinite 476.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like

Note that I`ve had Collinite 476S "mute the flake" in cases where the prep wasn`t 100%.` I put that in scare-quotes because I don`t consider it a general characteristic of 476S, but it really did do it in that situation.` A repolishing of the same paint and a reapplication of the same 476S solved the problem.

`

Silver can be tricky if that last 1% of appearance diff really matters to ya.` LSPs I like on one silver look terrible to me on another silver.` Not that anybody else would ever notice...

Post Thanks / Like
    Stick with the P21S. You won`t get much better than that.

Post Thanks / Like

I know this wasn`t mentioned but DG 501/601 makes silver and white look spectacular, currently have it on both my cars and use it on customers cars too. The reason is it is a chemical paint cleaner and sealant all in one. What I would do is use DG 501/601 as a base, the 601 flash cures the sealant so it can be topped immediately (dry to a haze, then remove) and then P21S to top it.

`

I haven`t had the opportunity to use HD POxy yet due to this great weather, but I have read and heard it is one of the best looking sealants.

`

Here are some pics of DG 501.

`

Before

`

`

1.5 months old in NYC winter

`

My 13 Durango RT

`

www.meticulous-detail.com/

"The Prep makes the Pop, not what`s on Top"

Post Thanks / Like

SwanicYouth- Just to show how opinions can differ, I hated P21s *so* much on my sorta-silver Jag ("Rhodium metallic") that I stripped it off and reapplied the usual Souveran!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the suggestions.` I`ve read a bunch about the different DG sealant offerings, and am considering trying 111.` I already have some 105 that I used on a different car.` But, I`m thinking I might like the opti-seal.` I remember liking Z8 as a topper so I might try topping the OOS with it.` Whatever I go with, I`ll divide up my hood and do a comparison.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    I think z8 >> optiseal. It is wax-safe, too. You can`t go wrong with any of those wax choices, though. Gotta love not needing to use anything but a wax You could splurge and get some Supernatural, or a sample tub of Zymol Vintage or something (they have kits of 3 1-ounce samples for around $700)

If you go with a sealant, try some dodo juice red mist as a final spay (or the z8). DJRM will strip wax due to its high solvent content, but works great over sealants.
    Owner and President
    AutoLavish LLC
    Local to Michigan, Serving Nationwide

Post Thanks / Like

I have a hard time taking any product line seriously with a ridiculous name like Dodo Juice.` No matter how good their products may be, I`ll never find out.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Opti-Seal. Have it on our silver CR-V.

Post Thanks / Like

On Silver I would go with option #1, Zaino Z2p. `I think Zaino is much better than all the other products you mentioned on colors like Silver because Zaino is more reflective or something. `It makes those colors that don`t really pop on its own like Silver and white really stand out.

`

It is also relatively easy to use and maintain providing you take the effort to properly prep the finish and make sure it is wax and oil free. `You can also give it even more pop by adding Z8 or Clear Seal and Z8 on top of it. `These two products are also excellent for maintaining your finish.

`

`

M-D, you really have to take your before and after photo`s with the sun in the same position. `Looks like the sun is rising in one pic and setting in the other. `I know it is hard as hours pass from the time you start it and finish it. `I usually turn the car around and take a pic of the same side in the sun on both. `The car does look great. `

`
    Quote Originally Posted by M-D

I know this wasn`t mentioned but DG 501/601 makes silver and white look spectacular, currently have it on both my cars and use it on customers cars too. The reason is it is a chemical paint cleaner and sealant all in one. What I would do is use DG 501/601 as a base, the 601 flash cures the sealant so it can be topped immediately (dry to a haze, then remove) and then P21S to top it.

`

I haven`t had the opportunity to use HD POxy yet due to this great weather, but I have read and heard it is one of the best looking sealants.

`

Here are some pics of DG 501.

`

Before

`

`

1.5 months old in NYC winter

`

My 13 Durango RT

`

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information