Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

I love the reviews on the wheel woolies, but no way in hell a weekend warrior like myself is gonna spend $50 on a 3 brush set. Is there something that`s comparible in design/quality/function that`s prices cheaper? Even household products that aren`t designed for detailing. I`ve got most of the other types of brushes...but really digging the woolies!

Paint Correction services for the Upstate ofÂ`SC</p>

Afterhours Detailing</p>

www.facebook.com/afterhoursdetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

I`m with you on spending that much for a weekend hobby.` I took an old sheep skin wash mitt, cut it into the appropriate sizes and glued it to 3 different lengths and thicknesses of PVC with Gorilla Glue.``` Been over a year now and they`re holding up pretty well.

`

There`s allot of ways to save a few bucks if you`re not doing this for a living-- a $3 toilet brush works well for the wheel wells, inexpensive pastry brushes are great for cleaning small areas like around emblems--they`re made of the same materials as expensive "detailing brushes."
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve had the E-Z and the Daytona wheel brushes and the Daytonas are much better built, I think the on-line stores have then for 25-30 for a kit (big and little) sometimes. If you had to pick just one, I`d get the big one and just use the old terry towel on a tooth brush trick for tight spaces. I still use a bug sponge that got too ragged for paint as my wheel cleaner, cause sometimes you just have to put on the rubber gloves and reach around those wheel spokes.

`

I agree, 50 bucks for some sheep wool on a stick ain`t happening in my garage!
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve got the EZ brushes and they are just too flimsy to EASILY clean barrels...I may give the Dayton`s a try. I may get ghetto and wrap an old microfiber around a toilet bowl brush lol! I call myself a "weekend warrior" but I like to do one full correction per week if I can. Just a little side gig I`m getting pretty busy with...

Paint Correction services for the Upstate ofÂ`SC</p>

Afterhours Detailing</p>

www.facebook.com/afterhoursdetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

The Daytonas are hands down better, stronger and last longer.`
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Keeper of the beautiful Jean-Claude's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just grab the big woolie if you`re not down for the set. I`ve used the two smaller ones only a few times. It`s the big one that gets used 95% of the time. A woolie with a daytona brush makes for unstoppable wheel barrel cleaning.`
    Detailed Designs Auto Spa
    Professional Car Detailing Atlanta
    Authorized Modesta Installer
    Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    Paint Protection Film and Clear Bra Installation

Post Thanks / Like

If you want inexpensive, get yourself some bottle cleaning brushes - some of them come with foam and some even with a microfiber. Way cheaper and serve the purpose.

Post Thanks / Like

`if you want something to clean the spokes on rims/wheels, check out the carrand sheepskin wheel cleaner, and you can buy it OTC at pepboys for $8...

Post Thanks / Like

Enforcer, here`s a previous thread that will provide some ideas for you:

`

`

http://www.autopia.org/forum/topic/1...te-wheel-tools

`

I feel you should buy a Daytona brush and maybe try some of these cheap bottle brushes and find one that is`durable.` I`ve also got quite an accumulation of sponges and often trim those for wheel work.` You`ve got to play around with these various tools and see what you like best.

`

`
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

I use this from OXO. `Works great and is pretty cheap at $10. `They also sell a MF refill for $6. `Best of all, no splatter like the traditional brushes. `Only real negative, they take some time to dry after use.`I got mine at Target, but I believe Bed Bath and Beyond also sells them. `So far it`s held up pretty well. `After some good use, I had to mend the MF attachment point (to the handle), but no big deal. `They now show it in red, but mine is white. `Last I saw at Target, they were white. ``

`

http://www.oxo.com/p-1212-microfiber-hand-duster.aspx

Post Thanks / Like

I have a set of wheel woolies and the large Daytona wheel brush. I can say that when the woolies are gone they will not be re-ordered.`
    Paul Sparks

Distinctive Auto Detailing

Indianapolis IN 46234

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Distin...70659146390192

Post Thanks / Like

I, OTOH, also have both and it`s the conical brush that won`t be replaced while the Weel Woolies will be.

Post Thanks / Like

Money Bags!
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like

Knowing how "pristine" you keep things George - just box up the brush and send it to me now, it`ll never wear out at your house.

Post Thanks / Like

JuneBug- It`s kinda funny about the Wheel Woolies, I resisted trying them for a *long* time, using those Quickie Sponge Mops (eh, I can`t find the link to them...) instead despite the risk from the steel-loop core, but *oh man* do I like the WWs *for certain`applications*.

`

I still use the little sheepskin mitts and sponges (gotta for the back of the spokes anyhow), but the WWs were a lot better than I ever expected.` No argument about the price though.

`

I still use the brush for some stuff on the undercarriage, so it won`t be showing up in your mailbox any time soon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information