Post Thanks / Like

I just picked these two items up and they arrived yesterday with some more stuff I`ll discuss some other time. While they`re not specifically related, I did end up using them together (with a red griot`s 3" pad) to wax the motorcycle tank and fender last night, because I just had to use one of my new products/toys.

`

The 3" Meg`s hand pad is basically a contoured piece of moulded foam with velcro on it. I also have the 3" griot`s velcro pad, but it is just velcro with a finger loop on it so it`s good for tight spaces but not for general use since you`re not grabbing the foam applicator. The Meg`s pad is really big, which makes it nice to hold on to. It fills my whole hand and the foam applicator stays secure with the velcro. They advertise it to be used for sanding, hand buffing, and waxing. Basically a good all around tool so you dont have to use those 4" general purpose yellow foam applicators which you can only hold onto by your fingertips. I love the thing, and will be doing a lot more by hand because it`s enjoyable. I forsee a lot more use of my poli-seal with this and using the 476 by hand too.

`

The 476 comes in a nice vintage-look tin but I bet I`ll get annoyed with the top having to be pryed off with fingernails everytime (I also severely dislike the 845 "medicine bottle" top and would prefer a squeeze top). But the tin top can`t be changed and that`s fine. Anyways, this stuff smells very similar to 845 and my 3" red pad fits perfectly inside the lid for a few twists to apply wax to the pad. This makes it easy to use very little product and make a thin coat. The wax spreads easily, even though it is not a soft wax (note: i rarely use paste waxes). I can see how people could have medium difficulty removing the wax if applied too thick, especially with medium/long nap mf towels and a soft touch. I love the fact that like 845, 476 is supposed to be fine on trim. This is why I bought it over FK1000. I applied, didn`t give much time to sit, and then removed. This is like my nomal process with a full vehicle, start at one spot, go around, then remove starting from the beginning. The difference is that the bike tank and fender are small so the waxing time is very short. Anyways, removal was not as easy as 845, but it was pretty good regardless. I find 476 to be slightly less slick than 845, but if the durability is better, then I`m alright with that. Once removed, the wax looks nice and shiny. I`m dont feel that most decent waxes look much different than eachother, but that`s just my opinion. I care mostly for durability and ease of use, for which 476 gets a good solid score from me. It won`t replace 845 for me but I`ll use it when I want to apply by hand and or get a little more durability.

`

`

Post Thanks / Like

dfoxengr- Gee, your fingernails must be a lot tougher than mine if you can get the 476S lid off that way!` I keep a "tin-opening" screwdriver in my detailing cart.

`

I think the slickness diff will diminish over time as the 845 sorta degrades a little and after a few washes they`re both about the same IME.

`

I also think you`ll see a big looks diff between the 476S and the FK1000p.

`

DO NOT use FK425/FK146 over top of the Collinite!` When it goes bad (apparent solvent-action) I really causes pseudo-hologram issues, which have been so bad that I had to completely strip and redo the car (and stripping fresh Collinite is a PIA).

`

Be a little careful using the 476S on trim.` Yeah, I do it on my `93 Audi, but I`ve also done`such stuff`with FK1000P and nobody in their right mind would recommend *that*.

Thread Information