Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

I have been doing some research on`clay alternatives like the`Nano Skin Mitts/Towels and most of the threads I am finds are over a year ago when these products came out.` Many people said after using these, they believe their clay bars will start collecting dust.` Just curious since a year has gone by, are you still using only the clay alternatives or have you found yourself going back to clay bars?

`

Thank you for any info you can provide.

Post Thanks / Like
    I still use clay, but I still haven`t tried anything else? How do these alternatives actually differ from clay?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Catch-22

I still use clay, but I still haven`t tried anything else? How do these alternatives actually differ from clay?

Go to Youtube and put nano skin in the search.` The videos will give you an idea of how they work.

Post Thanks / Like

It really depends on the car and how it reacts to the decontamination method. I still find myself going back and forth between clay & the SM Arnold Towel.`
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani

It really depends on the car and how it reacts to the decontamination method. I still find myself going back and forth between clay & the SM Arnold Towel.`

So, would you say that the clay alternatives are a nice tool for a detailer to have in his tool`belt but the detailer probably should not completely toss clay aside?

`

When you say how the car reacts to the decon method, I am assuming you mean some cars may react with marring due to soft paint?

Post Thanks / Like

A decontamination wash system like Valugard ABC. It may even more effectively remove the contamination that they clay alone.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bert31

So, would you say that the clay alternatives are a nice tool for a detailer to have in his tool`belt but the detailer probably should not completely toss clay aside?

`

When you say how the car reacts to the decon method, I am assuming you mean some cars may react with marring due to soft paint?

Exactly. On soft paints I`ve seen heavy marring from a clay towel. When that happens I resort to blue Clay Magic.`

`

I don`t see a day where detailing clay won`t be used. Even all these new Decon products are still leaving something behind.`

Post Thanks / Like
    Try the nano skin red foam hand-held "block" covered with the skin material. It is the medium version and really impresses me. Big piece of foam that wont fatigue your hand like clay doea for me. My method with it or the DA pad is to spray down the panel with onr clay lube and work say 1/4 of the panel, wipe with a 600gsm towel and then wipe off the pad with a short nap mf to clean it. Then do the next section of the panel, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you ever get marring using that method/product?`

Post Thanks / Like
    Do these pads etc remove the rust bloom stain left behind after the rail dust particle is removed?
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    They should have no problem removing the visible portion of the particle. Not exactly sure if they completely remove 100% of the issue if that matters for you?

Post Thanks / Like
    They do remove rust blooms on the surface quite easily. I honestly havent worked on a car with good enough paint to notice any light marring. But I think my method of wiping the pad frequently is a key to reducing marring

Post Thanks / Like
    A lot of the cars I do in the spring have extensive rail dust ( mostly from snow plow blades ) and the clay removes the particulate easily the rust stain left can take a little polishing. I guess where I was heading is clay to remove the rail dust, nanopad to remove the remainder and stain then polish

PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn`t Iron-X or the ValuGuard ABC system remove these stains???
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like

Never seem to get a clear answer there .. Does ironx react with iron or iron oxide. Not interested in either tho.
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information