Post Thanks / Like
    The second test car is my wife`s Honda Jazz, one year old and with 15,000 km on the table. The last time I washed it on August 3, and on that day I protected it with: Zaino Z-CS combined with Zaino Z8 spray on paint, 4nano Rim Protect for the rims, RainX on the windows and Auto Finesse Revive on plastics and rubbers. This car runs a few miles every day, on weekends even more and is not kept in the garage.

For this test I chose products that I like to use and they have good reviews from other users. I also included into test two Polish products - one expensive and the other quite cheap. The main purpose of this test is to narrow my arsenal to a maximum of two products that I will use in Auto Spa and verify that Polish products are able to compete with well-known and respected international companies.

I prepared a Honda in the following way:

Step 1: Washing: CG D-con on wheels and foam ShinyGarage Perfect Active Foam (1:10) as a pre-wash. Gentle brushing wheels and thorough rinsing with a pressure washer. Then ShinyGarage Red Devil HD Nano (1:1) for nooks and crannies and as the second pre-wash, and without rinse, immediately washes using mitt and two buckets with CG Bugger Bug and Tar Remover (150ml to 15l). Drying.

When washing, it turned out that 4nano Rim Protect and RainX still work very well, so I decided to turn off wheels and windows from the test, because I had no idea how to quickly remove these products (strong foam and strong APC not removed these products).

Step 2: Clay: I started with a bag test to see condition of the paint. It was not very bad, so I used the clay CarPro Fine, and it removed everything and also left a bit of a mess on the paint (shows how soft the paint is).

Step 3: Polishing. The car is in very good condition, but after claying this step was necessary. In addition on the hood I found a few scratches and swirls and one of the mirrors was heavily grazed. The bonnet and the mirror were treated in two stages: Meguiar`s #205 on Hex Logic white pad followed by a Supernatural DJ Micro Prime on Hex Logic black pad. The rest of the paint got only finish with a DJ Micro Prime Supernatural, because there was no need for "correction". After polishing, each panel was carefully wiped with CarPro Eraser and 4nano Final Wipe.

When the car was really clean and smooth, I divided it into sections and I applied one layer of the following sealants:

4nano PRO Aqua - right half of the bonnet and the front bumper and right front fender

Wolf`s Nano Body Wrap - left half of the bonnet and front bumper and left front fender

Menzerna PowerLock - left front door, left mirror

Zaino Z-CS (NOT Zaino Z8) - left rear door

Finish Kare 1000p - left rear fender and the left half of the roof and tailgate

Collinite 476s - the right rear fender and the right half of the roof and tailgate

ShinyGarage Buff Up Exterior Sealant - right rear door

Gtechniq C2v3 - right front door, right mirror

I applied all products as much as possible in accordance with the manufacturer`s instructions.

I did not notice differences in appearance, but it is a very big slippery difference between 1000p and 476s and the rest (for the benefit of the rest ).

In addition, for every tire I put on another dressing:

Left back - Meguiar`s Endurance High Gloss Tire Gel

Left front - 303 Aerospace Protectant

Right front - ShinyGarage Back2Black

Right back - CG New Look Trim Gel

The most "lit" has tire with Meguiar`s (despite the double wipe with a cloth), then CG, ShinyGarage and 303. Aerospace Protectant looks weak in my opinion; there is no effect of restoring. In my opinion and on those tires (Michelin Energy Saver) ShinyGarage looks best - has a bit of shine, but not too much and makes the best impression.

What`s next? Honda will be cleaned every couple weeks ONLY at Auto Spa with soft snow foam (ShinyGarage or Fruit Snow Foam Valet Pro Advanced Neutral Show Foam) and neutral shampoo (DJ Born To Be Mild or 4nano Ultra Violet). I will not use any QD. With each wash I will do a short film and photos showing how water behaves on the car.

I invite you to watch the video showing the preparation for the test...

...and a few photos of documentation...

...and the end result.

Best regards
    Piotr Boguslawski
    Auto Spa Detailing Enthusiasts Club, http://www.autospaclub.eu

Post Thanks / Like
    This will be a very interesting test. Subscribed

Post Thanks / Like
    Several pictures after 24 hours, in the rain. Unfortunately, they are not the best.

Piotr Boguslawski

Post Thanks / Like
    So what sealant is your favorite so far ??? Good test!
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Considering the ease of use and versatility - Gtechniq C2v3, Menzerna Power Lock.
    Piotr Boguslawski

Post Thanks / Like
    After 40 hours.

Piotr Boguslawski

Post Thanks / Like
    After 17 days and 320 km driven. Please remember that is a city car: mostly home - work - home.
    The weather was very changeable. The sun, a lot of rain, lots of wind, temperature from 17 degrees to 3 degrees (at night).

At the beginning I invite you to watch the movie - I recommend HD and large screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsOKRanAJN8&hd=1

I am very amazed and disappointed with behavior of the 4nano PRO Aqua on a dirty car. For its price (around 40 euros) this behavior is disqualifying for me. ShinyGarage sealant disappointed me also. Fact, is very cheap and very easy to use but it looks like almost disappeared, and had not passed three weeks. Apparently (so far) the best are two products: Wolf`s and Finish Kare.

My rating for today:

Dirty car

1. Wolf`s
    2. 1000p
    3. Gtechniq
    4. Menzerna
    5. Zaino
    6. Collinite
    7. ShinyGarage
    8. 4nano

Clean car

1. Wolf`s
    2. 1000p
    3. Collinite
    4. 4nano
    5. Gtechniq
    6. Menzerna
    7. Zaino
    8. ShinyGarage

And you, what do you think?

Best regards
    Piotr Boguslawski
    http://www.autospaclub.eu
    Piotr Boguslawski

Post Thanks / Like

<span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:`helvetica neue`, helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">4nano PRO Aqua looked terrible? I would have liked to see Zaino Z2 on there in comparison. Stuff beads great and for a long time. I`m under the impression that Menzerna sealant comes from the same manufacturer.`
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello I am very satisfied seen this car there body type and color is so beautiful mainly I am love also green color.

Post Thanks / Like

Used a few of these, I like the powerlock a lot for it`s ease of use. Finish Kare for me in the past has not lasted the longest for whatever reason. Never tried Wolfs, but I have wanted to for a while. In fairness, I consider Wolf`s to almost be more of a super sealant though, so I sort of expect it to go the longest. We`ll see how it goes though.

Post Thanks / Like
    After 29 days and 750 km. Lots of rain.

"Dirty" car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Zq-VvprTCY

After washing, this time a light foam of Shiny Garage and CG Honeydew,
    not much has changed. 4nano PRO Aqua has not recovered water repellency,
    Finish Kare 1000p and Shiny Garage Exterior Sealant Buff Up behave a little better.
    Rest unchanged.

All tire dressings still work, but Shiny Garage slowly dying.
    Meguiar`s holds tight and now looks the best. Similarly, CG New Look Trim Gel.
    Piotr Boguslawski

Post Thanks / Like
    After 60 days and 1,650 kms.

Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0vQK9DdZfI
    (please watch in HD!)

I think that comment is superfluous: (

Dressings on the tires have all almost completely gone, best looked (before washing) tire with CG New Look Trim Gel.

I think it will be the last update, I somehow do not see the point of continuing the test.
    All products have failed me - some more other less, or I did some blunder in the preparation of the car.

Now I`ll do the test: Naviwax Ultimate vs PolishAngel Master Sealant.
    I very like both products from application point of view
    I`ll polish (to thoroughly clean paint) the entire car using rotary (Flex PE14-2-150) and PolishAngel Escalate Lotion on black (finishing) pad.
    Piotr Boguslawski

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t think these products failed you. You just verified what most Autopians know: Most waxes and sealants won`t last much longer than 60 days on an outside kept car. Look into the new coatings. It`s a whole new world for lasting protection.

Post Thanks / Like

Very good test and as the poster above said, it goes to show that wax and sealants do not last as long as claimed. `But that is a good thing in a way. `Pro detailers would soon be out of business if cars could be perfectly protected forever. `And those of us who are hobbyists would not have much fun. `That is why I don`t use these new coatings that are suppose to last for a year or even more. `It takes the fun out of caring for my car and I like to experiment with different methods and products. `It is also my form of stress therapy - when I rub on my paint I`m a happy man! `Why do I need six months of protection when I detail my car every couple months? `I keep my garage queen ML350 in tip top shape and if it is even slightly dirty after a drive I at least hit it with a waterless wash or QD. `I`m glad these traditional products only last a short period of time as it gives me something to do that I really enjoy.

Thread Information