Post Thanks / Like
    Detailer`s Paint Coating is a nano-based coating (glass coating for paint) It has very easy application, after properly prepping the surface you simply spray on, work the product in with an applicator, and proceed to buff with a microfiber towel. Courtesy of Autogeek we had this product as well as many others to try out at our third Northern Virginia Autogeek Meet / Event -- Detailpalooza. Now onto the process used and review. .

Before

Swirled

Power Washed

Foamed with Wolfgang Auto Bathe and Two Bucket Hand Washed with Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo

Decontaminated with Mother`s Clay and Ultima Clay Block`s

Vehicle was treated with Iron-x as well.

After a test spot HD Speed was chosen as our polish

A cool picture sent to me from one of the attendees at the event -- claying and then performing the test spot on the vehicle ( Jeep Liberty )

Jake instructing Keith as he goes from inexperienced with machine polishing to producing incredible results in one day of hands on training!

Brandon had zero experience machine polishing prior to this event, after this event I would let him buff out my own vehicle! These guys responded excellent to instruction and coaching and it was a pleasure to work with them!

After completing the polishing on the vehicle, we followed it up with DP`s Coating Prep Polish

We applied it via Lake Country Hydro Tech Crimson 5.5" Foam Pads

We also polished the glass which had seen a Pressure Wash, Foam , Wash, Clay, but no polishing. We followed up the glass polished with a coating of DP Glass Coating which will be in the following Review / Synopsis

Now onto the main event!

Product was misted onto the surface and then worked in via applicator, then followed with a microfiber towel buffing to remove any excess products / high spots --- very easy, very fast, very simple

Now. . . The after shots and a couple videos!

Beading

Detailer`s DP Paint Coating Beading and Review - YouTube

Sheeting

Detailer`s DP Paint Coating Sheeting and Review - YouTube

Final thoughts . . This is a nano coating that`s user friendly! They kept this very simple and straight forward, I love that why over complicate something. It leaves the surface very slick, the beading is high quality, the sheeting is high quality. The application on this product was very easy especially in comparison to some other paint coatings. It`s priced similar to other paint coatings, it boasts durability of up to 2 years and I will update this thread often on how it is performing as time goes on (up to and ideally past that two year mark!)

Thanks for viewing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice review! I found it interesting that you used HD Speed under the "coating"? It contains a polymer paint protectant and could hinder the bonding of the "coating" you used. Were you able to determine if the "coating" prep polish removed this protection?
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Nice review! I found it interesting that you used HD Speed under the "coating"? It contains a polymer paint protectant and could hinder the bonding of the "coating" you used. Were you able to determine if the "coating" prep polish removed this protection?
    Thank you! We`ve been on a HD / 3d car care kick as of late, we got HD cut in and loved it, I just ordered my own 32 oz hd cut and 32 oz hd speed, when tuscarora dave pulled out his hd speed and talked so highly of it, we said why not give it a shot on this paint! a test spot yielded great correction. So we said why not run with it? We`ll be using the coating prep polish anyway.

We used hd speed in direct sunlight on hot panels -- granted they were white. Performed great, minimal if any dust, cleans up great, seriously its a top notch product and was a pleasure to work with. It appeared to have, it`s a chemical polish coupled with a firm finishing pad, 3-4 speed and firm pressure

As far as adherence going on two weeks or so and it`s holding up great so it seems hd speed has given us nothing but a great base to coat (after the prep polish) !

Post Thanks / Like
    NIce Review!!! Do you know what the shelf life of the DP Coating once the bottle is opened??

Post Thanks / Like

I recently used the DP coating. I was quite impressed with the slippery feel. I didn`t notice much ability to fill minor imperfections. But the shine seems nice and I notice that the entire vehicle seems to collect less soil or contaminants, if you will, I was wondering how the DP coating compares to the new Pinnacle coating that was just introduced. Anyone have any info on that product?? That would be the Pinnacle coatings for wheels, glass and paint. Seems like another expensive venture to offer all three. Be well!`

Post Thanks / Like

An interesting note while using DP is that it has a strong smell of alcohol, perhaps to help it flash off as it is worked in. Ill tell you it was a bit pricey, but I did at least eight cars with it, and I still have a quarter bottle left. So it goes pretty far if used properly. `

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pwaug

NIce Review!!! Do you know what the shelf life of the DP Coating once the bottle is opened??

I do not, my wheel coating bottle is holding up fine a couple months later if that helps!

`

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paintxpert

I recently used the DP coating. I was quite impressed with the slippery feel. I didn`t notice much ability to fill minor imperfections. But the shine seems nice and I notice that the entire vehicle seems to collect less soil or contaminants, if you will, I was wondering how the DP coating compares to the new Pinnacle coating that was just introduced. Anyone have any info on that product?? That would be the Pinnacle coatings for wheels, glass and paint. Seems like another expensive venture to offer all three. Be well!`

Pinnacle glass coating

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gk82en0ENw

pinnacle wheel coating
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrffjWqxQeE

pinnacle all surface coating
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrQPMOmAKIM

I have not used the pinnacle paint coating yet but I do have it hoping to have that tested by the end of the month.

Post Thanks / Like

There`s no specific time to use the product after opening DP/Pinnacle Black Label (and I assume Wolfgang and Blackfire will be next) "coating".` It`s not like the other coatings - CQ, 22ple, GTechniq, Modesta, etc.` Just keep the cap on it and store it the traditional way.

Thread Information