Post Thanks / Like
    What`s your impression of a Boars hair brush vs. a mitt?

I`m asking for those that have use/tried a Boars hair brush.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the Montana 10" BH CarWash brush from AG exclusively with my SUV now. I use it on a pole for the roof, and in my hands to clean the rest. I also use it to clean all glass on my black BMW and the convertible top. First off, I just love how this thing feels in my hands. I just feels like a quality piece.

I did some testing with it. I did the "CD test", and found the brush will not scratch a CD if soaked properly (20 mins+). It hasn`t scratched my vehicle in any noticeable way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth
    I use the Montana 10" BH CarWash brush from AG exclusively with my SUV now. I use it on a pole for the roof, and in my hands to clean the rest. I also use it to clean all glass on my black BMW and the convertible top. First off, I just love how this thing feels in my hands. I just feels like a quality piece.

I did some testing with it. I did the "CD test", and found the brush will not scratch a CD if soaked properly (20 mins+). It hasn`t scratched my vehicle in any noticeable way.

I do almost the same thing and use the same brush, except lately I like using (griot`s) sheepskin wash mitt on the side panels, I find its a little faster. I haven`t seen any marring, at least in direct sunlight.

I mix a little ONR into my car wash (also using griot`s car wash), I think the added lubrication probably helps to avoid marring. Also, I use a smaller brush on rims.

Post Thanks / Like
    Regulars here know that I`m a big proponent of the BHBs, but only when used properly.

It`s tempting to use them *improperly* because they seem to hold a lot of wash solution and they lend themselves to covering large areas through the use of long, sweeping motions (which I consider absolutely :nono ).

Used properly, I find that BHBs are often too gentle to get a truly dirty panel clean (gotta avoid the temptation to press harder; you should not apply so much pressure as to bend the bristles over so the sides/shafts of the bristles contact the paint, you want to clean with the *tips* only). So I use the BHBs to get the "big stuff" off (the stuff that I consider primarily responsible for wash-induced marring) and then I switch to a mitt for more aggressive cleaning to get more tenacious contamination (e.g., "road film") off.

Of course I only use these two media with the constant application of foamgun output. One of the primary reasons why I like BHBs is that the foamgun`s output (I`m deliberately avoiding calling it "foam" because that`s not the consitency I want) will pass between the bristles and flush away dislodged contamination. In the absence of a foamgun I`d want to rinse the BHB very frequently; I sure wouldn`t do a whole panel without rinsing, probably wouldn`t even to *half* a panel. Again, it`s tempting to use the BHB incorrectly (or at least what *I* consider "incorrectly). Once your wash media (whatever it is) has abrasive dirt stuck to it, there`s a big risk of marring.

Thread Information