Thread: ONR Draggy

Post Thanks / Like
    Been using ONR for 5 years now and can`t live without it. It`s the only way I can wash my daily driver. Currently up to v3 and very impressed with cleaning power and how it leaves the paint.

That said, I always had trouble with the drying process. My drying towel never seems to "glide" as many have claimed. It`s always been a grabby step. I thought its because the car may be too dirty. However, I rewash with ONR after claying and it still that way. Same deal with brand new vehicle.

Don`t know what i am doing wrong. Use Cobra 600 for first pass, then Cobra 530 on second.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Anything is really going to drag just a bit on the second pass IMO. Its not going to feel like a QD. ONRWW is better in that regard, but again, not like a QD.

Post Thanks / Like
    You may consider lightly spraying the panel with a good QD before drying. Though diluted, it will lubricate the surface a bit and should help your towel glide more easily over the paint. Plus, it will leave a bit of extra gloss. Also of help, the shorter nap side of the MF towel will not grab the surface as much (or leave as much lint on grabby glass). Of course, it will not trap any remaining debris quite as well as the fluffy side.

Post Thanks / Like
    You might be not using enough product . I probably use a little to much and have not draggy issues. Just a thought......

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, I find the grabby nature makes my wipers skip when ONR is used on the windshield. Skipping seems to go away when i hit it with a glass cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure, but maybe it is a characteristic of the microfiber towel? I

I`ve had some towels that feel really smooth, and others are more grabby although they looked similar

Post Thanks / Like
    I also like to mist with a QD when drying. My personal favorite is Adam`s new detail spray because it really dries streak free and is very slick and glossy, but I also use Optimum`s instant gloss enhancer or even Optimum`s car wax when drying. All work fine. They really make the ONRWW pop even more.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have noticed some of the plusher towels seem to drag more than the short nap.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ybajwa
    Not sure, but maybe it is a characteristic of the microfiber towel? I

I`ve had some towels that feel really smooth, and others are more grabby although they looked similar

Agree, especially newer heavy weight towels will be grabby the first few times you use them when washing. Once the towels have been washed a few times, that usually reduces the problem.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Anything is really going to drag just a bit on the second pass IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anything is really going to drag just a bit on the second pass IMO.

Thread Information