Thread: Old Faithful

Post Thanks / Like
    Pulled out the Klasse SG today and put a layer on the Civic. Forgot how nice this stuff is and how easy it is once you know the tricks to using it.

I think too many of us got hung up in the "boutique" product scenario.

No pix cuz everyone knows what a shiny Civic looks like.
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, KSG is awesome stuff. It last as long as some coatings do, it fills minor swirling, protects better than almost anything, and looks great on some colors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, you can include me in the KSG fanclub, even though I`m only using it on a few trim bits at present (still on my FK1000P kick).

The big downside for me is the layering. Now I always found KSG easy to work with...no problems there at all, but it works best for me with about six layers, and that`s not always the easiest thing for me to pull off these days. Used to take me a long, long time to do the minivan with it, probably spent a week on just the doorjambs/etc. alone. But man was that thing protected!

Post Thanks / Like
    Accum, you can layer in a WO-WO fashion using the 3-1 water to KSG method. I can get a whole layer done in about 15 minutes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Accum, you can layer in a WO-WO fashion using the 3-1 water to KSG method. I can get a whole layer done in about 15 minutes.

Apply with a microfiber cloth or a foam applicator? And how long do you let it dry?

Post Thanks / Like
    I use foam .. my layer takes about 35 min for the Civic but its straight SG. Wiped off with a slightly misted MF with distilled water. If your in the shade you can apply to the whole car then remove with my method.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hkpinc
    Apply with a microfiber cloth or a foam applicator? And how long do you let it dry?

Just use it like a QD or booster wax. I spray on a MF towel and wipe the surface, flip towel and buff off.

Post Thanks / Like
    No pix cuz everyone knows what a shiny Civic looks like.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Accum, you can layer in a WO-WO fashion using the 3-1 water to KSG method..

For some reason, I don`t get quite the same durability (which makes me wonder about the protection too) when I do the W-O-W-O :nixweiss

Quote Originally Posted by Jesstzn
    If your in the shade you can apply to the whole car then remove with my method.

Noting that I always work indoors anyhow...don`t people (who don`t do the W-O-W-O method) always apply to the whole vehicle before buffing off? I always find that the longer I let it sit, the easier it buffs off (even let it sit for a few days once just to experiment).

...Wiped off with a slightly misted MF with distilled water...

Yeah, I accomplish the same thing by fogging the surface with my breath while I`m buffing it off.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, KSG is awesome stuff. It last as long as some coatings do,

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by syjygjian
    I agree, KSG is awesome stuff. It last as long as some coatings do,

IF you layer it enough. One or two coats never lasted all that long for me, not even close to something like FK1000P, more like Collinite 476S.

Post Thanks / Like
    i have`nt tried ksg yet, don`t really know why, i guess it`s cause i got so much stuff, between waxes and sealants i`ll never run out but i do like trying different things, that`s why i got so much.

getting back to your original opening thread i`ve had this happen to me more than enough times, where you try a product you`ve used in the past and it`s been awhile since you`ve used it and out find again how good it was.

Thread Information