Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I love ONR, especially in the winter, but it seems to kill my two go to LSPs: 845IW & 476. I have read other similar posts, but was wondering if anyone with the same experiences found an LSP that was ONR resistant (other than OCW & OS)? Or is there another rinseless product that is more LSP friendly that I should try?

In my current arsenal I have: BFWD, M26, M21, FK1000P, P21S, & Blitz Wax. I have a fresh coat of FK1000P on my garage queen, but am afraid to ONR it and risk having to re LSP.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    kapflaco- I too had ONR kill my Collinite, but I hear the latest version of ONR doesn`t do that any more.

IME the ONR doesn`t mess up FK1000P.

I`ve switched from ONR to IUDJ, but I haven`t done a whole start-to-finish wash with it so I can`t say for certain how it plays with LSPs. But using the IUDJ as a post-wash QD (before/during drying), it hasn`t messed up FK1000P, Collinite, or M16.

Note that the current hotness in rinseless washes seems to be the Ultima...just in case you`re really thinking of ordering something.

Post Thanks / Like
    ONR Wash and Wax works amazingly well with everything. And honestly, if beading is what you go by to determine how your wax is holding up, you`ll think you never need to wax again if you use ONR W&W.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Scott and Accumulator for chiming in! I`ve followed many of your posts and threads over the years of lurking. I will try to ONR the FK1000p and report back. I have been wondering about ONRWW and I may have to try IUDJ and the "hot right now" Ultima product.

Scott you raise an important question...it`s not just the disappearance of beading entirely, but also the disminished slickness and dirt release properties of the Collinite after ONRing. After second guessing myself on this for a while, I now believe that the ONR and Collies just don`t play we`ll together. That being said if you use OCW or OS as a drying aid after every ONR wash, who cares.

Post Thanks / Like
    Never been a fan of 845, even conventionally washing, I wasn`t getting great durability. 476 is another story, really like it. Durable, great looks and fully compatible with the latest version of ONR and ONR W&W.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    kapflaco- I had that exact same experience using ONR (the previous version) on both 845 and 476S, and IMO it genuinely killed the wax (didn`t merely diminish the beading). Note that "experts" said it wasn`t possible

Scott`s experiences almost always mirror my own (except that Souverän lasts longer for him hwell: ) so I`m wondering what version of ONR you have.

Post Thanks / Like
    ONR W&W is killer for sure.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I have ONRV2...I have so much of it I hate to get rid and start anew. I also have a lot of the original Opti-Clean...I use it as a quick detailer/bird bomb remover over ONR since it was designed to be a waterless wash (I figure less chance of marring when wiping off a bird bomb in the parking lot). I keep it in the car for these instances and it seems to also affect the LSP on the area I use it on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is ONR v2 the one that has the fruity smell?
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Is ONR v2 the one that has the fruity smell?

I don`t think so....think it`s that "chemically" scent I generally like. I`ll try to remember to go out and sniff it and post back. I too have a bunch that I`m probably never gonna use Something I`m keeping in mind whenever I get all excited about trying something new

Post Thanks / Like
    The one I have is fruity smelling versus the first batch I bought...smells kinda like old watermelons.

Post Thanks / Like
    No problems with ONR on M26 or FK1000P.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is what one would expect, to be honest. Rinseless products work by adhering elements to the surface which reduce the friction and thus decrease the potential for damage. In the absence of a rinse, you will almost certainly not actually remove all of these. You may very well find that a really thorough clean or an IPA wipedown will return the LSP to a better state.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PiPUK
    ... You may very well find that a really thorough clean or an IPA wipedown will return the LSP to a better state.

Except that the IPA would very likely further degrade the wax Or, at least it would be a fine line between "cleaning away the rinseless wash`s residue" and "cleaning away the wax itself".

This is one of my big concerns with rinseless washes- the stuff they leave behind. I know that *many* people here use them and have zero issues, but it still concerns me. The way my (between-regular-washes) wheel cleanups with ONR made them *SO* much harder to clean the next time really got my attention. That was despite a thorough wiping down with FK425 as the final step (which I also do after conventional washing).

Some time I`ll try cleaning the wheels with my IUDJ and see if it causes the same issue that ONR did.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Except that the IPA would very likely further degrade the wax

My experience is that IPA rarely does any damage to any of the LSPs I am using. I posted recently and demonstrated that a surfactant type product could give the appearance that LSP was stripped and a subsequent IPA wipe recovered it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information