Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone and TIA (thanks in advance) for any contributions to this thread. I am new to detailing and have been trying to build and perfect my arsenal as I run out of product. I am now running low and looking to try some new (to me) products for the following...

1. Wheels/Tires/Wells - P21 at first and now Meg`s APC. I still have a good amount of the APC left, but was thinking of maybe SONAX or any other recommendations?

2. Interior (vinyl) - Currently using 303 for vinyl and protectant and WG for leather. I like the 303, but my lack of experience with other products leads me to believe there are better products out there.

I typically purchase off of autogeek or detailedimage since both carry LC pads for my 7424, but again, if there are any other sites I can try to purchase off of, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by y3ll0w
    Hello everyone and TIA (thanks in advance) for any contributions to this thread. I am new to detailing and have been trying to build and perfect my arsenal as I run out of product. I am now running low and looking to try some new (to me) products for the following...

1. Wheels/Tires/Wells - P21 at first and now Meg`s APC. I still have a good amount of the APC left, but was thinking of maybe SONAX or any other recommendations?

If you clean weekly, and the dust isn`t severe, the Griot`s wheel cleaner (regular) is very good. Autoglym non-acid cleaner is nice. I don`t like APC on wheels for the long-term.

2. Interior (vinyl) - Currently using 303 for vinyl and protectant and WG for leather. I like the 303, but my lack of experience with other products leads me to believe there are better products out there.

There are truly myriad great interior products. My "preference" is for the 1Z products on interiors.

I typically purchase off of autogeek or detailedimage since both carry LC pads for my 7424, but again, if there are any other sites I can try to purchase off of, I would greatly appreciate it.

Many, many purchasing options today. Look for a source where you can package things up and get free shipping, etc. Also, I have to believe all the major players will be doing 4th July specials. Welcome aboard, Yellow !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by y3ll0w

Definitely give Optimum Protectant Plus a try. It is my go-to now. I use it on pretty much all the interior of my BMW now. I love it on the leather and on the dash and door panels, etc. And you can buy it in gallon size. I don`t think I`ll be reaching for my 303 again.

PS - I`ve never tried the Wolfgang leather products so I can`t comment on how they compare to Optimum.

Post Thanks / Like
    1) I`m a huge fane of eagle one a2z for mild to med cleaning due to its ease of use, cost, and how clean it gets the tires. Buy on amazon a 6 pack for like $24 shipped. I also have a pump sprayer full of leftover clean, car wash solution (free) for mild cleaning and another of meguiars wheel brightener at 8:1 for heavy brake dust. Note I have sonax but it doesnt get much use due to cost and I dont see a ton of benefit over the others.

2)stick with 303 for vinyl/plastic. I use griots interior multipurpose for light leather cleaner, Leather Masters for heavy cleaning and protection (note: not "conditioning"), and I just got some Gliptone cleaner to try out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tom p.
    Also, I have to believe all the major players will be doing 4th July specials.

Sidebar question: I signed up for the Autogeek forum recently and have their introductory "20% off" deal available for a short time. Am I better off using that or waiting to see what the July 4th deals might be?

Post Thanks / Like
    Inzane, I wish I could help on that, but I can`t. I suppose you could email Megan and ask her, off the record, of course

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tom p.
    Many, many purchasing options today. Look for a source where you can package things up and get free shipping, etc. Also, I have to believe all the major players will be doing 4th July specials. Welcome aboard, Yellow !!

Quote Originally Posted by Inzane
    Definitely give Optimum Protectant Plus a try. It is my go-to now. I use it on pretty much all the interior of my BMW now. I love it on the leather and on the dash and door panels, etc. And you can buy it in gallon size. I don`t think I`ll be reaching for my 303 again.

PS - I`ve never tried the Wolfgang leather products so I can`t comment on how they compare to Optimum.

Quote Originally Posted by dfoxengr
    1) I`m a huge fane of eagle one a2z for mild to med cleaning due to its ease of use, cost, and how clean it gets the tires. Buy on amazon a 6 pack for like $24 shipped. I also have a pump sprayer full of leftover clean, car wash solution (free) for mild cleaning and another of meguiars wheel brightener at 8:1 for heavy brake dust. Note I have sonax but it doesnt get much use due to cost and I dont see a ton of benefit over the others.

2)stick with 303 for vinyl/plastic. I use griots interior multipurpose for light leather cleaner, Leather Masters for heavy cleaning and protection (note: not "conditioning"), and I just got some Gliptone cleaner to try out.

Thank you all very much for your input. I will definitely look into Griots & A2Z for the wheels along with some 1Z or Optimum for the interior.

Post Thanks / Like
    For Optimum, what is the best one to use in order to clean vinyl, plastic, leather etc?

Post Thanks / Like
    If you`re looking strictly for "cleaning" duty I`ve heard that 1Z`s cockpit premium is quite good. (I haven`t personally tried it though).

The OPP I found was at least good enough to lift some of the color stain on my light leather (oyster) interior from wearing dark jeans.

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote name=`Inzane`]Definitely give Optimum Protectant Plus a try. It is my go-to now. I use it on pretty much all the interior of my BMW now. I love it on the leather and on the dash and door panels, etc. And you can buy it in gallon size. QUOTE]

+1 on the Optimum Protectant Plus (AKA Leather protectant)--you can use it on the leather seats, vinyl and plastic. Makes for a quick top notch interior detail. It has some light cleaners built in I believe so no need to break out the APC unless the interior is really dirty. OPP and regular misting with distilled water has kept my leather like new.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pwaug

+1 on the Optimum Protectant Plus (AKA Leather protectant)--you can use it on the leather seats, vinyl and plastic. Makes for a quick top notch interior detail. It has some light cleaners built in I believe so no need to break out the APC unless the interior is really dirty. OPP and regular misting with distilled water has kept my leather like new.

Ah, there we go. I saw the Leather Protectant, but not the Plus. I`ll be sure to add that to my list along with the 1Z cockpit cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like
    One more question. Has anyone ever purchased from detailing.com? It seems they have the Mytee Lite 8070 that I have been eyeballing along with some other stuff I need to pick up.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not sure if your a pro or not, but if your detailing your own cars and using APC and P21S wheel cleaners, I would give Chemical Guys Sticky Wheel Cleaner a try. Its not an IronX type cleaner, but a citrus/surfactant cleaner. It works well on moderately dirty wheels with some agitation. It foams up well. Best part about it is I buy it by the gallon and it only costs about $1.75 to make 32oz, as its concentrated 1:5.

For leather I like CarPro Fabric and Leather. It coats/seals the leather and lasts very long compared to anything else I`ve tried, including G Technique L1.

For all other interior plastics and vinyls I like Ultimate Interior Guard Plus.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth
    I`m not sure if your a pro or not, but if your detailing your own cars and using APC and P21S wheel cleaners, I would give Chemical Guys Sticky Wheel Cleaner a try. Its not an IronX type cleaner, but a citrus/surfactant cleaner. It works well on moderately dirty wheels with some agitation. It foams up well. Best part about it is I buy it by the gallon and it only costs about $1.75 to make 32oz, as its concentrated 1:5.

For leather I like CarPro Fabric and Leather. It coats/seals the leather and lasts very long compared to anything else I`ve tried, including G Technique L1.

For all other interior plastics and vinyls I like Ultimate Interior Guard Plus.

I am still a beginner, but I`m a fast learner lol. I`ll look into the CG wheel cleaner. They are local for me along with detailing.com, which is a plus on shipping costs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Interior wise, I`m still old school with 303 on all the vinyl. I do plan to switch over to properly diluted PERL when Im done with it though. For leather, anything Leather Master is quite good, their cleaner and conditioner.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information