Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve got some of the red CCS pads... they feel pretty soft, but is there a better one out there? What do you all like to use?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve never used CCS pads as everything I`ve read said to stay away with anything with dimples so I can`t compare. I use Buff & Shine (same as Uber pads and HD Pads) flat red pads that have recessed Velcro to appy LSPs. They are very, very soft, but the pores are very dense and they are European Foam so not much product gets absorbed by the pad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pwaug
    I`ve never used CCS pads as everything I`ve read said to stay away with anything with dimples so I can`t compare. I use Buff & Shine (same as Uber pads and HD Pads) flat red pads that have recessed Velcro to appy LSPs. They are very, very soft, but the pores are very dense and they are European Foam so not much product gets absorbed by the pad.

I`ll have to take a look at those. The CCS pads in fairness do have a flat side as well. It`s what I usually use if I am applying a wax or sealant which is rare these days unless a customer specifically asks for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like using the Buff & Shine 4" White Ultra Finishing Pad (which are different from their 5.5" white pad, which is a heavy polishing pad - go figure). I believe they have the highest PPI of the Buff & Shine line, and they fit just right on one of those Polishing Pals, or on a DA with 3.5" BP.

Post Thanks / Like
    i use 3" black pads i think they`re lc but no dimples in them.

Post Thanks / Like
    You could also use satin/suede microfiber cut into squares weapped around a foam applicator for liquid wax and sealants, similar to what you would use for coatings.

That said, the red ccw dimpled pads hve worked great for me even on ultra soft paints. IMO at that level it is more a function of the wax hardness. If the paint is soft use Souveran or similar i stead of Supernatural or similar.
    Owner and President
    AutoLavish LLC
    Local to Michigan, Serving Nationwide

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by umi000
    I like using the Buff & Shine 4" White Ultra Finishing Pad (which are different from their 5.5" white pad, which is a heavy polishing pad - go figure). I believe they have the highest PPI of the Buff & Shine line, and they fit just right on one of those Polishing Pals, or on a DA with 3.5" BP.
    Yep they are nice -- I use them on the small bits with a 3.5" backing plate as they don`t have the red in 4" The red pads are Euro Pre Polymer foam so don`t have a PPI rating while the white are US Reticulated Polyester Foam with a 90 PPI. The pores on the red are even denser than the white.

Post Thanks / Like
    Unless there`s some kind of extra-fragile-paint issue, I dunno if the whole "softest possible pad" thing really matters. I`ve applied LSPs with polishing pads and it worked just fine (that`s all we had available back in the day, and soft single stage black lacquer came out just fine).

I often LSP with the Red Griot`s Wax Pad, but all of my finishing pads, and many of my milder polishing pads, work OK on the paints I`m doing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pwaug
    Yep they are nice -- I use them on the small bits with a 3.5" backing plate as they don`t have the red in 4" The red pads are Euro Pre Polymer foam so don`t have a PPI rating while the white are US Reticulated Polyester Foam with a 90 PPI. The pores on the red are even denser than the white.

Ah. I wasn`t aware of that, thanks for the info.

Thread Information