Post Thanks / Like
    How hardened 22PLE would scratch to show it`s hardness level? I have no way of measuring and sort of coating thickness or anything, but the pad is quite hard. More so than the OC ever got, which I don`t quite understand why. I guess different chemicals, but either way. If anyone is and would like to see what it would scratch such as a CD? Maybe something else? If you are interested give me some ideas and i`ll do some tests for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarist302008
    How hardened 22PLE would scratch to show it`s hardness level? I have no way of measuring and sort of coating thickness or anything, but the pad is quite hard. ...

are you implying that because the pad used to apply 22PLE became hard, you would be able to use the pad to do some sort of experiment onhardness level of the 22PLE coating??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ybajwa
    are you implying that because the pad used to apply 22PLE became hard, you would be able to use the pad to do some sort of experiment onhardness level of the 22PLE coating??

Not exactly... but since there are no hardness tests, people could see how much it would scratch and could get an idea of the hardness.... there is no way for me to measure it... or maybe not at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hardness tests are over-rated anyway. They really should be done in combination with some brittleness measurements. There are some really hard materials out there but they shatter when taken above their elastic limit. Such a material would be great as a coating because it would tolerate a lot of abrasion but hit it with a stone on the freeway and you can end up with a crater much bigger than it need be.

Thread Information