Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    After doing a lot of research, I decided to use FK 425 as the last step in my wash. That was 2 years ago and I`m about ready to purchase another jug but wanted to know if anything better has come out in the meantime. I`m satisfied with it but the chance to use up a product and restock doesn`t come too often for me and I wouldn`t mind trying something else if it`s better. Anyone have any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    My favorite QD`s are Adam`s Detail Spray, Surf City`s Hot Rod Detailer and Pinnacle Crystal Mist (which is the best looking QD, IMO). Other notable QD`s are Quik-Shine and Z-6. Of course, there are plenty of other QD`s that are also very good.

Post Thanks / Like
    PM Sent.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    :buffingolishing paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.:buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    My favorite is Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer !
    New to real car detailling. :waxing:

2012 Obsidian Black Pearl Subaru WRX Limited

2004 Flame Red Dodge SRT-4 - [SOLD]

Post Thanks / Like
    I use to like 425. But I believe they changed something(not just the smell) in it and I haven`t liked it since.

Post Thanks / Like
    OP, what would you like to improve in 425? For me 425 is ok, I like the slick feeling, but it is just not much of a looker. For real QD duty, ONR is it for me, it has gotten so good in the last revision. For a post wash drying aid, I`d rather use a qucik wax like OCW of UQW.

Post Thanks / Like
    For goodness sakes guys stop spending big dollars on detail spray! Try the Ultima Waterless Wash Concentrate to replace your detail spray. I tested it against 425 and many others when it first released. And it was superior to every one of them.

Cost is 18$ for concentrate that makes 5 1/2 gallons RTU.... Seriously...

Post Thanks / Like
    I will keep that in mind but in the meantime my fave is Griots Speed Shine. I use Crystal Mist on special occasion.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mugen Power- Welcome to Autopia!

FK425 is still my fave for after-wash/while-drying use on FK1000P.

Yeah, I prefer GG SpeedShine on waxes, and I`ll sometimes use FK246 for some jobs. I use ValuGard`s Fast Finish on trim and satin/matte finished items.

If I want real *cleaning* out of a QD, I`ll use IUDJ, but Mugen Power asked about after-wash use.

I do plan to try Meguiar`s UQW for certain jobs, but overall I have zero inclination to quit using the FK425.

Dan- Interesting that you don`t think FK425 is much for looks, this sounds like the exact opposite of our usual differences on that topic! I think it gives a very glossy (if somewhat sealanty) look, and that`s why I use it instead of the Fast Finish, which is really, *really* good stuff but just doesn`t give me that "pop".

Cee Dog- For this application, in what way is the Ultima Waterless Wash superior to the FK425? I`m assuming an already clean surface, I`m just after lubricity and the feel/look that the FK425 leaves behind. The Ultima sounds like a replacement for, say....IUDJ, which I consider a completely different type of product for a different use. Please school me here, I`m not being :argue

Bill D- Yeah, the Crystal Mist is nice on the Jag`s Söuveran.

WaxmanRonnie- I haven`t stocked up on FK425 for a while....what changed?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator

Dan- Interesting that you don`t think FK425 is much for looks, this sounds like the exact opposite of our usual differences on that topic! I think it gives a very glossy (if somewhat sealanty) look, and that`s why I use it instead of the Fast Finish, which is really, *really* good stuff but just doesn`t give me that "pop".

Hmm, Fk425 and FF seem to have the same amount of pop for me....NONE Waittill you try UQW, now that has some pop, good filling ability as well!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG
    For goodness sakes guys stop spending big dollars on detail spray! Try the Ultima Waterless Wash Concentrate to replace your detail spray. I tested it against 425 and many others when it first released. And it was superior to every one of them.

Cost is 18$ for concentrate that makes 5 1/2 gallons RTU.... Seriously...

I`ve used ONR versions 2 & 3 and BF Rinse-less Wash at QD strength and haven`t been too impressed. They clean well enough, but they don`t flash-off like a regular QD, nor do they feel nearly as slick. It`s most noticeable on glass, IME (e.g. the MF towel grabs much more). Is UWWC at QD strength better at these things? TIA

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, very different products. Excellent slickness and gloss!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Hmm, Fk425 and FF seem to have the same amount of pop for me....NONE Waittill you try UQW, now that has some pop, good filling ability as well!

That is just soooo weird that they look similar to you! Talk about "YMMV"!

Yeah, I sure do plan to try the UQW...does it work as well over sealants as it it does over waxes? I might be getting a little hung up over the Quick WAX name....

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeez , I feel really out the loop here for a sec: IUDJ

That sounds like a Myers-Briggs psych eval result :chuckle: Can anyone clue me in on that one, thanks
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    That is just soooo weird that they look similar to you! Talk about "YMMV"!

Yeah, I sure do plan to try the UQW...does it work as well over sealants as it it does over waxes? I might be getting a little hung up over the Quick WAX name....

425 and FF do look different, but overall, no pop either way. FF is very neutral. 425 is glossy, that`s about it. Both are pretty lifeless compared to something like OID, Speedshine, UQW or Z6.

UQW seems to work just fine on top of anything. Actually, I don`t recall if I`ve ever used it on top of a true wax...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information