Post Thanks / Like
    Looking for a recommendation on an interior detailer with UV protection along the lines of Chemical Guys SPI_663_16 - InnerClean - Interior Quick Detailer & Protectant (16oz) . I want something that you can spray on and wipe off with UV protection.

Thanks in advance,

kajunman

Post Thanks / Like
    Been using Optimum Protectant Plus for years---very easy to use as it works on leather as well as vinyl.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like 303 Aerospace Protectant.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    +1 for 303

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used 303 and I am currently using Optimum Protectant Plus. With Optimum Protectant Plus I have to spray it on a clean yellow pad (because it is more of a cream), work it in and then buff it with a clean, dry microfiber towel. With the Chemical Guys InnerClean or similar product, all I have to do is spray it on and wipe it off.

kajunman

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pwaug
    Been using Optimum Protectant Plus for years---very easy to use as it works on leather as well as vinyl.

Ditto! Love the stuff.

It has replaced 303 in my arsenal. I use the Optimum on pretty much every surface in my BMW. I have Oyster leather, which is a fairly light color and the OPP will lift the dye/stains you get from wearing dark-colored jeans. And it has a nice smell too... reminiscent of Zaino`s leather conditioner.

My spray bottle was running low so I just bought a gallon refill recently. 1:

Post Thanks / Like
    Optimum Protectant Plus has been my go to product for as long as I can remember. Recently another member I was helping gave me some D181 from Meguiars to try on some stubborn dirt and stains . Using the D181 along with a soft bristle brush I removed stains that the Optimum had trouble with. I now have both on my shelf. As for UV protection I don`t have a clue. The Meguiars doesn`t mention it on the product container. The Optimum list UV protectants on the container label table of contents. Now, as we all know, my chemical backgroung is non-exsitent. So please don`t drink or bath in either one of these products. Meguiars list the Hazard for fire at 1. but at 20-30 dollars a gallon I wouldn`t add it to the fuel tank.All kidding aside both of these products are top shelf IMO.
    Paul Sparks

Distinctive Auto Detailing

Indianapolis IN 46234

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Distin...70659146390192

Post Thanks / Like
    I still wonder how much actual UV protection you`re getting from these product and how much you actually need?
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    I still wonder how much actual UV protection you`re getting from these product and how much you actually need?

I always wonder about that too, but I`m not gonna somebody over whatever they want to use.

Last vehicle I left outside all the time was the old Volvo wagon (thirty-some years old now, lots of miles, very little care). Doubt it had ever had any treatment at all before I got it, and all I did was keep it clean. I doubt its current owner is even doing that by Autopian standards, but I hear it`s still just fine. Between the UV blocking by the autoglass, and the stuff they make interiors out of....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Between the UV blocking by the autoglass, and the stuff they make interiors out of....

I 100000% agree!

Post Thanks / Like
    I concern myself most with applying protectants when it comes to convertibles
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    ONR seems to work really well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill D
    I concern myself most with applying protectants when it comes to convertibles

I`d be willing to bet that the weak link is the carpeting. Good luck protecting that unless you completely cover it. Case in point....Here is a 2005 Mustang Convertible that I have been maintaining for the last 5 years. This owner lives in Miami and it`s basically their go-to beach car and lives with the top down most of the time hence exposed to harsh UV. Every portion of the interior is still in excellent condition, but the carpet.....HERE:

Thread Information