Hey everyone, I am looking to do a rail dust and iron particle decontamination on my car before I fully detail it again. I noticed that it is really starting to collect on the horizontal surfaces on the rear of the car, and clay doesn`t fully remove it. I have been looking to use the Iron X Iron Remover, but the description of how it works makes me kind of nervous.

Iron X opens up the paint`s pores to release iron particles and to neutralize the caustic compounds that have developed as a result of the particle.

:twitch:

So what does this mean? Are the paint pores going to be more succeptable to damage where the iron particles once were? Keep in mind this is going to be used on a 10 yeard old car in really good shape, but has never had a real decontamination and only has been clayed a couple times. Should I be concerned about possible paint failure later on after using Iron X?

Have any of you all experienced any finish problems after using it, or problems later on after using Iron X?

Are there better and safer products out there now? I have been out of the loop lately when it comes to the newest detailing products