Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi

I think I`m going to be the rare exception who has had a bad experience with CR spotless system.

Possibly, there is something wrong with my process, but I really doubt it. I`ve checked it over several times and had other people look at it.

Anyways, I first ordered the DIC-10 system from autogeek. After ordering (and my credit card charged), I was told it couldn`t be shipped to Canada. Reversing the charge comes with bank penalties, so autogeek finally agreed to ship after a bit of arguing, especially since there was no indication on the website (it has since been updated). Caution to Canadian customers - some items only indicate on the description it can`t be shipped to you but they will still take the order, the software running the site doesn`t have logic built in to prevent it.

After several weeks, the item arrived disassembled and a filter were cracked. Great ... so I contact CR spotless directly and the owner is on vacation for 10 days. They have nobody to back him up about any product issues in his absence

I could have just sent back to autogeek, but i thought maybe a new filter is all that is needed. when i tried to assemble the item, it wouldn`t fit together properly ... something was definitely off, i began to suspect old parts from maybe a couple of systems were possibly shipped to me, things just wouldn`t line up.

When owner returns, he tells me the units never ship disassembled. Autogeek had apparently disassembled the unit to save on shipping costs. I sent photos of the item and the problems i had with assembly, CR spotless wanted to see the unit so they sent me a return label, and CR spotless agreed to send me a new unit. Ok, fine.

I have a disability and towel drying my car was hell for me, so pretty frustrated with wait.

I tried out the new unit ... spots everywhere. It didn`t work at all.

I called CR spotless, they recommended buying a new hose. Ok, so I did that and also checked the water pressure and used the sprayer they provided on flat setting. I was putting out about 1.5 Gallons water per minute

I used tap water only for the wash solution. I used CR spotless filter for the *entire* wash and even did a final rinse to be sure.

STILL, significant spotting although not as bad as last time.

I e-mailed CR spotless back, and they aren`t responding now.

Really frustrated with this, and out about $300 .... oh, i also got hit with a customs charge of $60 on the damaged item and $50 the second time around. Trying to get the $60 back after filling out customs paperwork, but I doubt they will return, so out over $400. Not to mention the hose which was about another $35

I`m a patient guy, but this has me :frusty:

Edit: My bad for getting a little frustrated and not following-up. CR spotless customer service is superb, they are accepting return on then unit

Post Thanks / Like
    Your spots are probably caused by dust settling on the water droplets as they dry. Even with a deionizer, you HAVE to dry the car to avoid spotting. I`ve been using a CRS for years.

edit: I recommend using a leaf blower for drying.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll consider the leaf blower, but there advertising of "wash, rinse, walk away" is misleading.

Post Thanks / Like
    ybajwa- Does your system have a TDS meter? If so, what does it read?

Oh, and I too think you need to do some kind of drying. The "no need!" might apply in theory, but most vehicles have a lot of dirt/etc. in out-of-the-way areas and even after a wash the draining water can carry that stuff onto visible portions of the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    It reads 0, I checked before / after

I`ll have to think about getting a leaf blower

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ybajwa
    It reads 0, I checked before / after..

Then it appears to be working fine, guess that`s not the issue.

I`ll have to think about getting a leaf blower

I have an AirWand hooked up to mine and I really like it.

The other day my Tahoe, which seemed pretty dirty, got rained on. While it was still wet from that, I washed its wheels/tires and just rinsed the rest of it off with my CRS. Blew it dry with the AirWand (and my compressor for the nooks and crannies) and it turned out great. Maybe not "Autopian great" but well enough that I`m sure not tempted to give it a proper wash any time soon.

But note that such approaches only work OK when you have a good, dirt-shedding, LSP on there. The Tahoe`s wearing FK1000P.

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The air wand alluded to by Accumulator would be an easy unit for you to handle -Air Wand - Description (approx $100 USD - 04/13 )
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an Air Wand and a CRS. My CRS doesn`t see much duty. I`m sure glad it was a gift. I`m finding manual drying with the Airwand and several towels to still be easiest for me. I`m waiting on those super plush towels to be available again. If I can find a towel that truly absorbs water in a notably speedy amount of time, I`m home free: I wouldnt mind the washing part of the process, and then, nor the drying part. Heck, I could wash/dry daily if I wanted, to my heart`s content.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill D
    I have an Air Wand and a CRS. My CRS doesn`t see much duty..

I guess my greatest appreciation of the CRS is the ability to "just rinse it off and blow it dry". A few times I`ve done a minimalist version of my usual wash, just doing the foamgun/BHB step (which I do *NOT* consider adequate to truly clean the vehicle) and then rinsing/blowing. It`s a better-than-nothing approach when I don`t have four or more hours to spend doing the wash properly.

Other than that I really only use the CRS on vehicles that tend to trap/retain a lot of water.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Accord Coupe doesn`t retain all that much, so Im saving my CRS for when the A4 needs a proper bath to rid it of coastal film accumulation. On a black car with all those crevices , it is a godsend.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    just an update - i think i let myself get frustrated, after following up again with cr spotless they`ll take back the item. their customer service is superb.

i could do the air blower / CRS together, but i`m maxed out on budget for car care products for next several months. the air wand isn`t too pricy, but i just really am maxed out.

with mobility problems, i may just use the refund on optimum no rinse products and possibly get a little help from a friend to wash some areas.

speaking of ONR, I have a large BHB with broom handle to reach hood / roof areas, wondering how that will work out with ONR. I`ll give it a try I guess.

Also, does blotting (rather than wiping dry after washing the area) work with ONR? If the surface is cleaned, wonder if just blotting it is effective. Had a kind of crazy idea of using something like a cylindrical shaped sponge and paint-roller like handle to roll over the hard to reach areas to pick-up any ONR moisture. i try to do the entire wash sitting down, using a rolling stool.

Post Thanks / Like
    just an update - i think i let myself get frustrated, after following up again with cr spotless they`ll take back the item. their customer service is superb...

Ah, glad to hear that.

i could do the air blower / CRS together, but i`m maxed out on budget for car care products for next several months. the air wand isn`t too pricy, but i just really am maxed out.

Well, keep it in mind.

with mobility problems, i may just use the refund on optimum no rinse products and possibly get a little help from a friend to wash some areas.

I`d try Garry Dean`s Infinite Use Detail Juice instead. Same idea, slightly different product.

speaking of ONR, I have a large BHB with broom handle to reach hood / roof areas, wondering how that will work out with ONR. I`ll give it a try I guess.

I never like rinseless washes with BHBs, IMO they just aren`t all that compatible. Though I do love BHBs, I`d rather use MF for this.

Also, does blotting (rather than wiping dry after washing the area) work with ONR? If the surface is cleaned, wonder if just blotting it is effective...

I`m not a big authority on ONR/etc. but I think it can work if you really do get things clean. But since these products leave stuff behind, I myself kinda like to "buff" them away.

.. Had a kind of crazy idea of using something like a cylindrical shaped sponge and paint-roller like handle to roll over the hard to reach areas to pick-up any ONR moisture. i try to do the entire wash sitting down, using a rolling stool.

Might work if you can rig up a MF instead of a sponge (sponges don`t really work well for drying).

Post Thanks / Like
    Decided to keep the CR spotless.

I decreased the water flow, I`m pretty sure I am far under 1.5 gal/minute now, but it works and its just enough pressure with a regular whose to still rinse the car

Maybe it works out better, the filters should last longer

Post Thanks / Like
    Decided to keep the CR spotless...[and]... decreased the water flow...
    Yeah, even with my pressure limiter I decrease the flow to the minimum that`ll provide what I need.

Post Thanks / Like
    Decided to keep the CR spotless.

I decreased the water flow, I`m pretty sure I am far under 1.5 gal/minute now, but it works and its just enough pressure with a regular whose to still rinse the car

Maybe it works out better, the filters should last longer

The life of the filters are based on the amount of solute in the water and the flow rate of that water. When you buy the system, you get a hose nozzle from CR that will provide you with the correct flow? Did you try that?

That`s been working for me. I`ve also had good results with a small electric pressure washer (1.5 gpm).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information