Post Thanks / Like
    When applying this wax what method do you use , by hand , machine , ect ..... ??

Do you let the wax haze before removing ?

On my Black GM I get some streaking , not being able to see this on other colored vehicles (but I`m sure its there), just the black GM shows the streaks for me . In order to not have streaks I have to use WOWO method , but then worried about durability.

Just looking for tips or if anyone else see`d this on black ?

Collinite 476s , 845 IW and 915 i find work out great for me . great shine and durability . I have my waxes narrowed down to 2 products I use the most and it`s Collinite and OPT products .

Thank you , have a great day.

Post Thanks / Like
    UPDATE::::::

I`m back , this time I tried it w a PC and a Megs finish pad set on speed #1. It went much faster to say the least , but i was able to work it in whisper thin on the paint. I also gave it a long flash time so I think between the going thinner and the PC and longer flash time it worked much better as far as streaks go . Now I just get to enjoy the massive beading when it rains....lol

I would still like to hear how others work this wax.

Just an FYI , this winter I did a 845 coat followed by a 476s and followed by 915 and the truck stayed excellent looking and beaded well through out the winter. This is with using car washes (which I did on purpose to see how it held up for customers cars) all winter long. Kudos to Collnite for making great looking durable stuff. Im happy and customers are happy. NOW to break out the Vette and the OPT stuff and start on that one. The OPT stuff gives the vette a better wetter look than the Collnite does. In summer I go to OPT.

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually apply by hand because its much easier to clean a small pad vs a big DA pad, and 845 isn`t easy to get out. Either way is fine though, but the key is thin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total noob here, what`s OPT?

Tapped with my thumbs

Post Thanks / Like

I use it both ways. In tight areas I apply it by hand and on large panels I will use a DA if I want to. I have dedicated pad for 845 so I don`t worry about getting everything out of the pad. I just use a random 5" red pad. I think it`s a Griots but not sure.

I will add that starting with and using Klasse SG taught me early on how to apply product whisper thin...

Post Thanks / Like
    OPT= Optimum Polymer Technologies ( This is excellent car care product line , try it if you have not already)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer

I use it both ways....

Same here, usually depending on whether I want to bother getting out/etc. a polisher or not. Yeah, gotta do some tight spots by hand anyhow, some of `em with swabs.

With a polisher, I either use a Cyclo or the GG 6", the latter on speed 3-4 (which I imagine is a bit faster than most would choose). White (or whatever 4" Finishing/LSPing is handy) pads on the Cyclo, red GG Waxing Pad on the GG 6".

I generally apply to the whole vehicle before buffing off, plenty of time for a complete flash-off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    I generally apply to the whole vehicle before buffing off, plenty of time for a complete flash-off.

Do you also use the same technique with 476??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pwaug
    Do you also use the same technique with 476??

Yep. Actually, I do the same thing with *every* (conventional) LSP I use. Even Söuveran! I`ll sometimes go do something else and let it sit there for quite a while, no problems.

I *have* used W-O-W-O with all these waxes too, and sure it worked fine. BUT I`m pretty sure that I get better durability when I let it set up.

Credit to Mike Phillips, who once challenged me to let the Söuveran set up (knowing that I apply nice and thin, which is critical) and sure enough, giving it a try sold me on the idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I use IW, I do the entire car then take it off, but w/ the other two paste wax`s I put it on two panels then remove.

Thread Information