Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys,

I am planning my Spring detail on my daily driver and I`m trying to figure out which LSP I should use. This car is always outdoors. I wash it probably 2-3x/month on average. I would immediately think opti-coat, but I am a novice detailer, and not 100% confident in my abilities to obtain the autopian standard of paint correction.

I have Collinite 845 and Griots Paint Sealant. I know the Collinite works fantastic as a sealant. The Griots, I`m not sure about. I don`t have a lot of confidence in it. I was considering the Sonax PNS. I`m open to anything really. I might just stick w/ the Collinite 845 and call it a day.

Thanks!

EDIT: Let me clarify one thing, I would like to use Collinite 845, however, I would like to achieve more gloss/depth from it. I am applying to a white car, so depth will be difficult. Would applying a sealant followed by Collinite be better for both look and longevity?

Post Thanks / Like
    845 will look great on white. DG105 or Z2 might look a little bit better. If you want maximum wow facor (at the cost of some durability) on white Optiseal is great.

Post Thanks / Like
    peacemaker- I`d *not* worry about the depth; I`d be all about protection and not having to redo it all the time.

While 845 is very good stuff (and it`s nice that it`s trim-friendly), my recommendation is FK1000P. It`s what I use on my white Crown Vic (and my other one, and also my Tahoe). FWIW, the "other" Crown Vic got bird-bombed while I was on a roadtrip, really awful stuff, and a) most of it rinsed away with a few bottles of water, and b) what was left did *not* etch the paint, or even compromise the FK1000P, despite being allowed to bake on for several days.

In any case, I would *NOT* top any product with 845. If the 845-look is what you want, just use that. It`s at least as protective/durable/etc. as the vast majority of sealants anyhow. I go back and forth between 845 and their 476S paste on my old Audi, and it`s perfectly well-protected with just the Collinite, no need at all for an underlying product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hm... think I`ll just stick w/ Collinite then. Think I should apply multiple coats? Reapply how often?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peacemaker
    Hm... think I`ll just stick w/ Collinite then...

Oughta work fine. If you do find it lacking in protection or durability, remember the FK1000P.

Think I should apply multiple coats?

I`d do two coats if you have the time (one the first day, then the second the day after that).

Or just do another coat after the next wash. It`ll be fine with just that one, first coat on it.

Reapply how often?

Before it needs doing The second you notice the beading or the dirt-shedding change, I`d reapply. Or if possible, do it before those sort of changes become apparent.

Thread Information