Post Thanks / Like
    Hi

There are a number of threads on getting debris out of microfiber towels. Majority would suggest inspecting towel after washing and then picking out debris. Other options were to wash but also use a pressure washer or compressed air to try force out embedded debris, or simply discard the towel or keep and use only for dirty areas such as door jambs

Sometimes I get what looks like little wood chips , or small sharp debris that I think are guaranteed to scratch certain areas if not taken out. are there any microfiber towels that would release such debris easily? I have a bunch of plush microfibers from pakshak , but not much else at the moment. I find it near impossible to get everything out. Even when I do get debris out, sometimes its so stuck in the towel the fibers start to tear a little pulling it out. Would like to try the pressure washer but don`t have one available

I`m particularly interested in towels used for car interior that are unlikely to cause scratches, although some parts of my car interior have piano black trim and clear plastics which i think tend to scratch easily.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Sams ProForce towels are awesome for interiors (and exteriors) and so cheap you can push them down to underbody duty after a few uses.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Sams ProForce towels are awesome for interiors (and exteriors) and so cheap you can push them down to underbody duty after a few uses.

Dan--how would these be for ONR washes using the Gary Dean method???

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Each micro fibre towel contains approx 50,000 for an average micro fibre towel and up to 200,000 fibres per square inch for a plush micro fibre towel that trap dirt and remove it from the surface. No matter how soft it feels, polyester, being a plastic will scratch a paint surface on a microscopic level, which shows up as towelling marks, longer scratches than the usual small swirl marks or micro marring

My MF supplier of choice is Pakshak Micropak Ultra-Soft, no lint left behind, also has a silk edging.
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TOGWT
    Each micro fibre towel contains approx 50,000 for an average micro fibre towel and up to 200,000 fibres per square inch for a plush micro fibre towel that trap dirt and remove it from the surface. No matter how soft it feels, polyester, being a plastic will scratch a paint surface on a microscopic level, which shows up as towelling marks, longer scratches than the usual small swirl marks or micro marring

My MF supplier of choice is Pakshak Micropak Ultra-Soft, no lint left behind, also has a silk edging.

Hope my post wasn`t seen as a knock against PakShak. My Pakshak towels are amazing, got them in 2006 and still going strong, although picking stuff out of them isn`t fun but very likely a general issue for any plush microfiber I would think.

Are you saying that this towel:

MICROPAK 16" x 27" Ultra-Soft Waffle Weave Micro Fiber Towel

would be better at releasing debris / lint? A little concerned about the possiblity of scratching with the waffle weave,

this one also looks promising

MICROPAK 16" x 16" "Silver Surfer" Ultra-Edgeless Micro Fiber Towel

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pwaug
    Dan--how would these be for ONR washes using the Gary Dean method???

I use them using that method. They work great for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ybajwa
    Hope my post wasn`t seen as a knock against PakShak. My Pakshak towels are amazing, got them in 2006 and still going strong, although picking stuff out of them isn`t fun but very likely a general issue for any plush microfiber I would think.

Are you saying that this towel:

MICROPAK 16" x 27" Ultra-Soft Waffle Weave Micro Fiber Towel

would be better at releasing debris / lint? A little concerned about the possiblity of scratching with the waffle weave,

this one also looks promising

MICROPAK 16" x 16" "Silver Surfer" Ultra-Edgeless Micro Fiber Towel
    MICROPAK 16" x 16" Ultra-Fine Micro Fiber Towel

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peacemaker
    I use them using that method. They work great for it.

Yep, work great for the GD-ONR

Thread Information