Post Thanks / Like
    I`m just wondering since we know that wash marring will eventually happen. Some faster than others. I`m going to go over my car soon with Menzerna SF and a blue pad and then reapply. I`m actually just curious once I turn the lights on what I might be looking at. I do the 2 bucket method with washing the sponge off after the clean water pass to get as much possible dirt out as I can. Drying is typically a plush MF and my leaf blower.

Post Thanks / Like
    Little to none on customer`s cars. Only exception is my brother`s wife`s Enclave since it gets tunnel washed all the time. Only reason my brother got it coated was so he wouldn`t have to worry about waxing it. Says its too big for him to wash regularly and his wife hauls around their kid and her friends all the time in it anyway.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    one of my friends had a black mercedes..Iopticaoted it and it still scratched like crazy. 3 months later and it didnt look as good either

I do love it on wheels though, especially on BMW`s

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t really noticed any less marring that from a normal hard clear. Might be more apparent for those with soft clears.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a harder coating then OC. maybe 22PLE or no//

Post Thanks / Like
    On my black toyota medium soft paint it`s just the same as not-opticoated..

The only protection against swirls is simply to reduce as much `wiping` as possible..Like Rasky said `scratch-resistance` comes from these coating ability to repel dirts and water, which almost all of them does well,less dirt means less wiping...

Almost akin to those weight loss pills that works by reducing appetite.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t found any swirls on my dark grey lexus which was opticoated 14 months ago. I also had a silver lexus with no swirls after 2 years with opticoat. However, I am not sure if the opticoat has prevented the swirls or my wash regimen.....pretty sure it is a combination of both. Pretty hard for me to find anything negative to say about opticoat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    I haven`t really noticed any less marring that from a normal hard clear. Might be more apparent for those with soft clears.

I got a facebook comment from a customer saying he can now safely wash his jet black 335 since I applied Opti-Coat to it.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Those are the 2 most "swirl" resistant colors period. Congrats for being smart.

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawTitan
    I haven`t found any swirls on my dark grey lexus which was opticoated 14 months ago. I also had a silver lexus with no swirls after 2 years with opticoat. However, I am not sure if the opticoat has prevented the swirls or my wash regimen.....pretty sure it is a combination of both. Pretty hard for me to find anything negative to say about opticoat.

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife`s black minivan has been coated for around 3 years and has no marring. And for the last year or so have been doing low water washes.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Thread Information