Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can get 8-12 coatings per bottle? Now I`m really interested. I`m currently using Wolf`s Hard Body as an add-on to my detail packages, but would love something that works even longer.
    Auto Detailing in Marion, Illinois
    www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Dean
    It is nothing like cquartz.

2 + years after opening. I personally do 8-10 coatings per month, so a bottle worth 8-12 cars has no issue with shelf life IMO.

Now that`s impressive.

Post Thanks / Like
    luck could play a part in it sure... but all 4 wheels? And, it`s also not just stone chips.. I know nothing is really going to protect from that, but the "sandblasting" effect you get from most AWD car is a real issue (I have owned 2 previous to this, my Wife also owned one) and all had some sort of issue with that. Mine does not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarist302008
    luck could play a part in it sure... but all 4 wheels? And, it`s also not just stone chips.. I know nothing is really going to protect from that, but the "sandblasting" effect you get from most AWD car is a real issue (I have owned 2 previous to this, my Wife also owned one) and all had some sort of issue with that. Mine does not.

What about AWD causes a sandblasting effect?

Post Thanks / Like

2 + years after opening. I personally do 8-10 coatings per month, so a bottle worth 8-12 cars has no issue with shelf life IMO.

I am no way a pro detailer, so don`t think I am trying to argue negatively but :

How can you coat 8-12 cars with only 2oz of product?

Maybe it`s because I`ve never applied a coating yet ... but I have difficulty imaging being able to coat so many cars with only 2 oz.

Is it because it`s a spray bottle?

Same thing for OC, I can`t think of coating one car with only 1 syringe (20cc I believe?).

Maybe it`s because I never had the opportunity to try those coatings ?
    New to real car detailling. :waxing:

2012 Obsidian Black Pearl Subaru WRX Limited

2004 Flame Red Dodge SRT-4 - [SOLD]

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s probably because you use wayyyyyy to much product. I can wax a car 2-3 times with an ounce of zaino. Getting three cars (no trim) with A small syringe of OC is no problem. Get yourself some KSG. That will teach you all about thin!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^

Yeah, that`s probably where my problem relies.

I`ll have to work on using lesser product when I wax.

Maybe I could fill a little bottle of 1/2oz of Collinite 845 and try to protect my whole car with that amount. lol
    New to real car detailling. :waxing:

2012 Obsidian Black Pearl Subaru WRX Limited

2004 Flame Red Dodge SRT-4 - [SOLD]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by resek
    ^^

Yeah, that`s probably where my problem relies.

I`ll have to work on using lesser product when I wax.

Maybe I could fill a little bottle of 1/2oz of Collinite 845 and try to protect my whole car with that amount. lol
    That should work.:wink:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    What about AWD causes a sandblasting effect?

Evo`s and STI`s are notorious with their wide, very sticky tires for picking up every little piece of sand that their is... when you have all 4 wheels turning it eats up the paint behind all 4 wheels. Mitsu and subaru paints aren`t thick, they suck. OC has helped me to keep from having this happen. I don`t care if others want to attribute it to "luck", that`s fine... but all 4 sides not having this issue isn`t luck IMO. OC as everyone has said is the most tried and true of the super sealants. I`m not at all making the claim that the product the OP is pushing isn`t a good product... I have no idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    Coatings go a long way.. I can usually do 3 vehicles with 20cc of Opti-Coat.

With Opti-Coat pro (40cc) I plan on doing 5-7 per syringe.

With these high tech coatings, you just need less product. Same thing for any way or sealant really once you are really good at applying them.

When people lather gobs of paste wax on their vehicles, they are not only making the product horribly difficult to remove, but wasting a lot of product. I`ve never understand how more than a thin layer of ANY LSP would improve on durability/looks. There is only so much paint for the product to grab onto. After that is is all waste.
    Auto Detailing in Marion, Illinois
    www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarist302008
    Evo`s and STI`s are notorious with their wide, very sticky tires for picking up every little piece of sand that their is... when you have all 4 wheels turning it eats up the paint behind all 4 wheels. Mitsu and subaru paints aren`t thick, they suck. OC has helped me to keep from having this happen. I don`t care if others want to attribute it to "luck", that`s fine... but all 4 sides not having this issue isn`t luck IMO. OC as everyone has said is the most tried and true of the super sealants. I`m not at all making the claim that the product the OP is pushing isn`t a good product... I have no idea.

Hmm, I`ve had 4 AWD Audis, one AWD Suby, and plenty of trucks with 4wd. I don`t think I`ve ever seen any Suby with what I`d call wide tires (300+), but last time I checked all my cars had all 4 wheels spinning :bolt In fact I`d venture to guess a 2wd car would be more prone to spinning its tires and throwing debris. I think whatever you are seeing is caused by the types of roads you are driving on or something like body shape. AWD probably has very little to do with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Hmm, I`ve had 4 AWD Audis, one AWD Suby, and plenty of trucks with 4wd. I don`t think I`ve ever seen any Suby with what I`d call wide tires (300+), but last time I checked all my cars had all 4 wheels spinning :bolt In fact I`d venture to guess a 2wd car would be more prone to spinning its tires and throwing debris. I think whatever you are seeing is caused by the types of roads you are driving on or something like body shape. AWD probably has very little to do with it.

yes, but when you break all 4 tires lose, it can have that effect. My Evo had wider than stock tires and yes I know that all cars have 4 wheels spinning, but cheap paint with mitsu and subie`s is pretty well known. All I am saying is that I don`t have that issue with my car, many others do complain of that issue. I also (again knock on wood) don`t have ANY stone chips on the car in 14k miles, the car also happens to be OC`d. Coincidence? maybe, luck? maybe that too... I would think however that in 14k miles i`d have some cosmetic flaws by now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Garry - Looks like a great offering! Good luck with this. Nice to see another caoting option on the market. Looking forward to the videos and trying it!
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Why do you say that?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information