Post Thanks / Like
    Been reading up on Opti Glass.

I do like Opti Products. I used the OID and Opti Coat. For me, Opti Coat has proved that it will be a harder surface than soft paint.....I have noticed less marring, etc on soft paint with OC.

Their Opti Glass is interesting but scary at the same time. To remove it , it must be mechanically removed, similar to Opti Coat.

While I don`t play on glass too much, I would think there is a certain finesse when it comes to polishing on glass. Too many variables IMO.....

Do you guys see Opti Glass for the DIY market.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glass is crazy hard compared to paint. I use hyper polish normally before coating the glass because the residues easily removed allowing a good bond. Opti glass is super easy to apply, work in small sections

Post Thanks / Like
    Cake to apply, excess wipes off pretty easily too. And the glass is super slick!
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Going back to the DIY statement...

Glass can get distorted I suppose if the correct techniques are not used. Or how about introducing pigtails in the attempt to remove Opticoat if one was to apply it and not like whatever was going on optically. I`m not saying this would be the cause, but if it was, and one wanted to remove it.....per Optimums statement, it can only be removed mechanically.

I dunno. Maybe I`m just reading too much into this and presume you`re average weekend warrior detailer is proficient enough to *mechanically* remove a coating on glass..

Post Thanks / Like
    Well windshield replacement is much cheaper than body work...lol

Post Thanks / Like
    The average person can go to Walmart, buy a polish, wax on wax off because they`ve seen karate kid and remove the coating if something was to go wrong. The coating pretty much disappears crystal clear without any effort and is one of the easiest coatings I`ve seen. I wouldn`t over think it.

Btw, pigtails in your front window is pretty hard to do with a clean pad irregardless of the compound/polish you`re using. Now side windows that`s a different story depending on make and model.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d be more hestitent taking any polish to glass - even a cleaner polish without doing a test spot.

IMO, glass has gotten softer over the years, and if you don`t even know if the windshield was replaced, alot of replacment non OEM glass is hit or miss.

Thread Information