Post Thanks / Like
    Got my hands on both products this week, to the benefit of my Arizona customers while I am here.

I`ve done my own car, plus my friend`s three vehicles (he lets us stay here for free), an Acura TL, Grand Sport Corvette and an Expidition XL.

Opti-Glass: all windshields were in great condition, no compelling reason to clay and polish them, just cleaned with a 15% isophoric alcohol solution. Apply Opti-Glass in a circular fashion to ensure complete coverage, then straight up and down. Let dry two minutes, remove any excess (not much). Drop an MF towel on the glass after wiping it down after application and it just slides right down.

I did my car and the Corvette a couple days ago, so when my friend was washing the Corvette today with ONR wash and wax, the water was just racing down the glass. Might be July before it rains again here!

I then applied it to the TL and Expidition. The face of the included foam pad I had used on the `Vette and my Accord was pretty much crumbling into dust so I switched to a folded MF towel which worked fine for application. Might want to use the foam pad for something else and just use an MF towel or applicator instead.

Optimum Lens Coating: I had to polish my own headlights, had some light oxidation on the top side of the headlights, other three vehicles no need to polish. Cleaned them with the 15% isophoric alcohol solution and applied the coating with an MF towel. Really no excess residue I could see but it is still recommended you wait 3-5 minutes then wipe down the headlights. It definitely stays slightly tacky longer than Opti-Coat or Opti-Glass. The look is pretty amazing, seems to have a filling effect and the headlight lens has a thicker, almost polarized appearance. Three of the vehicles I used it on are garage kept, mine is outside 24/7 so it will be the real test.

Using my laptop, all my picture resizing stuff is on my desk top at home so the picture of my headlight I posted on facebook will have to do for now...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...=photo_comment
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool. Just applied the Glass product not a Mazda, did not like the supplies foam applicator, will have to experiment with other options. Product wiped off super easy.
    Portland Metro Area

Authorized Optimum Pro Coating Installer

www.firstcityautospa.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info, i`ll be interested in maybe getting some of this when I get a little extra money.

Thread Information