Post Thanks / Like
    This was not a clients car but I personally would not be satisfied with the way it turned out if I had done it for someone. I spend more time on paint than interior, so I`m looking to learn more to offer the service for people that tend to care more about interiors than swirls.

Basically I vacuumed up all the lose dirt, used turtle wax power out- sprayed it on and agitated it with the scrubber. Left it for about 30 seconds then scrubbed it in with a damp cotton towel. Repeated that a couple times. Then I took another clean damp towel and wiped it up some more. I think I may need more steps to get it completely perfect, or perhaps it is just a dirt stain that I can never remove. But in detailing never say never around here.

Do I just need to try better products? I was eyeing some 303 spot cleaner at the store the other day.

Here`s the results.

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    TOGWT® Autopia Detailing Wiki- “Carpet Cleaning and Care” - http://www.autopia.org/forum/guide-d...ning-care.html
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks tidy, but not clean. There is still staining and discoloration around the mat that can be removed.

I would of:

Dry brushed it with a very stiff brush > Blown it out with compressed air > Vacuumed > Pre-spot > Shampoo/scrub with a dedicated carpet shampoo > Vacuum > Towel Dry > repeat as needed..

And you forgot the pedals!!!
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    what would you classify the `spot out` as? What`s a good pre-spot and shampoo available at most auto parts stores that would work here? The staining and discoloration is what I was dis-satisfied with but the spot out didn`t really do much to it.

Eventually I want to be able to do my bosses car so I`ll need good products but I`m not gonna go crazy with high end stuff. Thanks. By the way where do you operate in metro det?

Post Thanks / Like
    For store bought stuff, Folex works really well. I get mine from Home Depot, not sure if auto parts stores carry it.
    Rich Grasa

Pro Mobile Detailing based in New Milford, CT

www.explicitdetails.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think you can buy Shampoo from an Auto Parts store? Folex is a good all purpose cleaner to use as a pre-spot. If you want to meet during the day I can give you a sample of some carpet shampoo and some pointers.

Post Thanks / Like
    I see 128oz of folex at home depot for $15 but no smaller sizes, at least online. Is that something similar to like a 303 spot cleaner which is around $6? or should I move on from the 303.

Does the pre-spot do most of the staining/discolor removal, or does the shampoo?

Where do you hang around Dave, I`m usually around Novi & Ann arbor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Folex is sold is smaller sizes @ Home Depot. It`s mostly used as a pre-spotter. I personally only use it to pre-soak heavy soiling or spots. It loosens them so when I use the shampoo it lifts and removes them. Kinda a 2 part process. I`m in Grosse Pointe, but I`m sure I can meet you somewhere near Novi. I`m on the road traveling all day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Folex is sold at Lowe`s, Home Depot and Bed Bath & Beyond. They all have the smaller bottles.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just use a powerful vacuum and a brush. When I get really serious about it, I remove the seats and mix a spray bottle that consist of Ľ cup of vinegar, 1 tsp of detergent and top the container off with hot water. Spray the entire carpet and apply the solution on it with hard brush.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve even used a Woolite solution to clean carpets before and have had great results. The process Dave posted is going to be your best bet without using Steam or an Extractor.
    Auto Detailing in Marion, Illinois
    www.visualprodetailing.com

Thread Information