Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I had no idea about the stuff until I went on the forums pro section and saw it. It says the appearance is very glassy which is what i`m after. Has anyone used it or seen it or anything?

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking to try it very soon actually. The owner of the company is a really nice guy. Gonna put it up to OC & Finest to see how it holds up....
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    glassier/glossier than OC

easier to apply

cost is about the same

great projected durability

literally forms a glass barrier

= awesome product and I sell whenever people ask!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a question concerning these kind of coatings (OC, 22PLE, etc).

Since I live in Canada, Quebec ... and we have the beautiful winter season approximately 4-5 months / years, it`s difficult to keep a car defect free (see impossible especially because of the snow broom).

Do you think it could still be possible to apply a coating even without removing all the swirls/defects?

Do you see any problem about proceeding that way?

Let me know your thoughts please.

Thanks in advance!

New to real car detailling. :waxing:

2012 Obsidian Black Pearl Subaru WRX Limited

2004 Flame Red Dodge SRT-4 - [SOLD]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotaguy

great projected durability

Interesting characteristic. What is the projected durability?
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by resek
    I have a question concerning these kind of coatings (OC, 22PLE, etc).

Since I live in Canada, Quebec ... and we have the beautiful winter season approximately 4-5 months / years, it`s difficult to keep a car defect free (see impossible especially because of the snow broom).

Do you think it could still be possible to apply a coating even without removing all the swirls/defects?

Do you see any problem about proceeding that way?

Let me know your thoughts please.

Thanks in advance!

You can certainly apply the coatings without correcting the paint, but the problem is that any defects are going to be locked under it until the coating either wears off or you abrasively remove it.
    Rich Grasa

Pro Mobile Detailing based in New Milford, CT

www.explicitdetails.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Looking to try it very soon actually. The owner of the company is a really nice guy. Gonna put it up to OC & Finest to see how it holds up....

That`s cool man, i`m going to give it a shot as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarist302008
    I had no idea about the stuff until I went on the forums pro section and saw it. It says the appearance is very glassy which is what i`m after. Has anyone used it or seen it or anything?

22ple does look good (better than OC) and is easy to use. I`ve been comparing it to Opti-Coat Pro and CQuartz Finest for a while now and I prefer CQF in terms of looks and sheeting ability. OC seems to have it for long term durability and chemical resistance. 22ple is probably the easiest to apply in terms of not having issues, but OC is by far the fastest to apply and get out the door.

On a solid black test pan with all 3 coatings applied, it`s night and day in terms if darkening and CQF is an easy sell! Down side is that CQF is only available to approved installers so 22ple would still be a good choice over OC in terms of looks as is available to the public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1
    22ple does look good (better than OC) and is easy to use. I`ve been comparing it to Opti-Coat Pro and CQuartz Finest for a while now and I prefer CQF in terms of looks and sheeting ability. OC seems to have it for long term durability and chemical resistance. 22ple is probably the easiest to apply in terms of not having issues, but OC is by far the fastest to apply and get out the door.

On a solid black test pan with all 3 coatings applied, it`s night and day in terms if darkening and CQF is an easy sell! Down side is that CQF is only available to approved installers so 22ple would still be a good choice over OC in terms of looks as is available to the public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I looked into CQF but it is sooooooooooo expensive next to all of the other coatings... 245.00 just for the little box with a warranty card? I`ll pass unless someone really wanted it done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarist302008
    I looked into CQF but it is sooooooooooo expensive next to all of the other coatings... 245.00 just for the little box with a warranty card? I`ll pass unless someone really wanted it done.

I don`t know where you got the $245 from but it`s cost is right on par with the others, especially now that the price for OC went up 50%. Price can only be seen by authorized installers btw.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Grasa
    You can certainly apply the coatings without correcting the paint, but the problem is that any defects are going to be locked under it until the coating either wears off or you abrasively remove it.

Thanks Richard for your answer.

I totally understand the fact that defects would be locked under until it wears off ... but the thing is here in Quebec, there`s not a big market for the TOTAL process (full correction) especially because of the winter season.

People knows no matter what, they will damage their paint once this season arrives.

That`s why I was wondering if a coating could be applied without a full correction service prior the application. It would still give nice gloss + good protection as well.

What do you guys think?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by resek
    Thanks Richard for your answer.

I totally understand the fact that defects would be locked under until it wears off ... but the thing is here in Quebec, there`s not a big market for the TOTAL process (full correction) especially because of the winter season.

People knows no matter what, they will damage their paint once this season arrives.

That`s why I was wondering if a coating could be applied without a full correction service prior the application. It would still give nice gloss + good protection as well.

What do you guys think?

It would be best to give them the choice. Some will say don`t do it without a full correction first, but if the customer wants the coating and wants to leave the defects there, then I say do it. Just educate them and make sure they understand the defects will be locked in.
    Rich Grasa

www.explicitdetails.com

Post Thanks / Like
    It would be best to give them the choice. Some will say don`t do it without a full correction first, but if the customer wants the coating and wants to leave the defects there, then I say do it. Just educate them and make sure they understand the defects will be locked in.

sounds good!

Thanks a lot for your advice, I appreciate it! :thumb:

Post Thanks / Like

You and your company name are then "on" that car. Damage trapped under coating. I have denied coating a car due to swirls and RIDS. I didn`t want to trap them under the coating for someone else to say who did your car? For me its more of a My work is my name. A car covered in swirls is not what I want to represent me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Gellas
    You and your company name are then "on" that car. Damage trapped under coating. I have denied coating a car due to swirls and RIDS. I didn`t want to trap them under the coating for someone else to say who did your car? For me its more of a My work is my name. A car covered in swirls is not what I want to represent me.

I completely understand where you`re coming from. I have never coated a car myself without doing a full correction, but for some in certain markets with a certain type of customer it may be an option, although it needs to be carefully thought out.
    Rich Grasa

www.explicitdetails.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information