Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m a newbie and this is my first post. I`ve trolled and searched and not seen this question and am trying to decide which to ask my girlfriend to order for my B-Day.

Which do you recommend Gtechniq EXO or Opticoat? I have a red 911 and a silver LX-570. I`m concerned with bright glossy shine on the 911 and durability on the LX.

Don

Post Thanks / Like
    Most will tell you, which is true that it`s in the prep work. If the prep looks good, the car will look good. I have OC on my car now, but I would like a more glossy "sealant" type of finish and i`m trying to hunt down which one would do the job.

Opti-coat is EXTREMELY durable and while I don`t know much about the EXO, I can tell you that you would be hard to beat OC for a hard durable finish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarist302008
    Most will tell you, which is true that it`s in the prep work. If the prep looks good, the car will look good. I have OC on my car now, but I would like a more glossy "sealant" type of finish and i`m trying to hunt down which one would do the job.

Opti-coat is EXTREMELY durable and while I don`t know much about the EXO, I can tell you that you would be hard to beat OC for a hard durable finish.

Does EXO provide more gloss than Opticoat? I`ve read EXO is a two to three year product, which I`ll gladly do for more gloss. I used Zaino a number of years ago and I thought it looked very good and was durable.

It would be interesting to hear someone`s thoughts who has worked with or at least seen the two products side by side.

Don

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DoninDEN
    Does EXO provide more gloss than Opticoat? I`ve read EXO is a two to three year product, which I`ll gladly do for more gloss. I used Zaino a number of years ago and I thought it looked very good and was durable.

It would be interesting to hear someone`s thoughts who has worked with or at least seen the two products side by side.

Don

I`d honestly like to know that myself lol. I am going to start a thread on 22ple because I understand it provides a very glassy look which is what i`m after as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d honestly like to know that myself lol. I am going to start a thread on 22ple because I understand it provides a very glassy look which is what i`m after as well.

Yes, I`m looking for the highest glassy finish and the highest durability too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DoninDEN
    Yes, I`m looking for the highest glassy finish and the highest durability too.

22ple VX1 Pro Glass Coating - 20 ml | Free Shipping Available - Detailed Image

take a look.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have Opti-Coat on my own car, wash it 3-4 times a month with ONR wash and wax. It`s extremely glossy.

www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    I have Opti-Coat on my own car, wash it 3-4 times a month with ONR wash and wax. It`s extremely glossy.

Yeah, it`s ok, I haven`t been overly impressed with the looks of it over the course of the last year or so. The durability of it is definitely incredible, and that is a big plus for most people. The beading on the sides of my car is less than stellar however. It`s not uniform and stuff does stick to it, as opposed to what optimum has claimed. Am I unhappy with it? No, definitely not. I actually polished my hood and roof and double coated them several months back and it looks good, but not glassy in the least. It looks like polished paint that has had no LSP applied yet. I`m a sealant guy though and I like that candied look more than the natural wax look too.

I`m going to strip down the sides of the car and apply the 22ple to it and see how it does.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure what to tell you then, all my customers have been blown away by the looks. Talking to Dr. G when I went through Memphis last week, he said if the application leaves a lot of high spots and you have to rub it too much to level it out, that can affect how it looks. I`ve been using it more than 3 years so I feel I have the application method down pretty good. I can definitely see how someone who hasn`t used it regularly might not get the best appearance results since it isn`t the easiest product to use the first time. But then again, it just might be how you perceive the look. Appearance is very subjective, lots of people like Klasse and P21S (aka S100) but to me, the look is too bright.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure what to tell you then, all my customers have been blown away by the looks. Talking to Dr. G when I went through Memphis last week, he said if the application leaves a lot of high spots and you have to rub it too much to level it out, that can affect how it looks. I`ve been using it more than 3 years so I feel I have the application method down pretty good. I can definitely see how someone who hasn`t used it regularly might not get the best appearance results since it isn`t the easiest product to use the first time. But then again, it just might be how you perceive the look. Appearance is very subjective, lots of people like Klasse and P21S (aka S100) but to me, the look is too bright.

Well of course, you`ve been at this a lot longer than I and both your prep work and everything else is better than what mine is. Mine isn`t bad and I get my paint usually fully corrected before application... BUT it`s also product use and just experience. I have no problem admitting that. I know what you mean about the bright look. I myself like that, but not everyone does. All a matter of personal preference.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well of course, you`ve been at this a lot longer than I and both your prep work and everything else is better than what mine is. Mine isn`t bad and I get my paint usually fully corrected before application... BUT it`s also product use and just experience. I have no problem admitting that. I know what you mean about the bright look. I myself like that, but not everyone does. All a matter of personal preference.

I`ll be interested to hear your impressions of Gtechniq.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll be interested to hear your impressions of Gtechniq.

Never used it, or have seen it. I think i`m going to go with the 22PLE

Post Thanks / Like
    I applied EXO to my 911 today. These were my steps:

1) Wash/Dry

2) Clay bar

3) Menzerna Intensive Polish using my Flex.

4) Menzerna Super Finish using my Flex.

5) Wipe down with 10% isopropyl alcohol in distilled water.

6) Two coats of EXO 20 minutes apart.

7) Currently letting it sit inside the garage for 12 hours for the EXO to properly cure.

It took about three hours prep for me a rookie non pro and 15 minutes for each EXO application. The EXO goes on so easy with a little wipe with no pressure (feathering a second microfiber), no streaks. At first I was just going to do the paint, but ended up following a vendor`s advice to put it on everything. The rubber and black plastic became dark and moist. No streaks on the glass. I`ll watch it for a few days and post some pics and observations.

Don

Post Thanks / Like

Watch out, certain individuals are going to accuse you of shameless marketing towards the product you sell.
    Auto Detailing in Marion, Illinois
    www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Don,

1. what year is your 911?

2. is it Guards Red, Arena Red Metallic?

3. is it clear coated?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information