Post Thanks / Like
    Bought new (used) 2009 Escalade ESV and will do a detail once snow & cold are gone. Which of these products below (I currently have) should i use and what pads? I have a PC 7424 to use but really looking for recommendations on product and pads.

HD Poxy

Wet Glaze

BlackFire WD

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    BlackM45x- Of those I`d probably use the Poxy, but honestly for a quick tide-it-over until better weather on a newly acquired black vehicle I`d rather do some kind of AIO or something that`s really heavy on fillers.

BTW, I wouldn`t be looking forward to trying to correct that with an PC7424, it`d take me forever and I don`t mean just three or four days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Accumulator - what do you suggest I use instead of the PC7424. Where should I purchase it along with backing plate and what pads?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    BlackM45x- Of those I`d probably use the Poxy, but honestly for a quick tide-it-over until better weather on a newly acquired black vehicle I`d rather do some kind of AIO or something that`s really heavy on fillers.

BTW, I wouldn`t be looking forward to trying to correct that with an PC7424, it`d take me forever and I don`t mean just three or four days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackM45x
    Accumulator - what do you suggest I use instead of the PC7424. Where should I purchase it along with backing plate and what pads?

Thanks!

These days I`m all about Meguiar`s MF Cutting Disks for correction, and you can follow up with most any polishing pad for the final gloss.

Which polisher kinda depends on your price tolerance...I was pretty amazed by how much more powerful the Griot`s 6" is compared to the PC, it basically prompted me to retire my PCs and not use them for anything any more. The Rupes "Big Foot" is probably the best out there, but it`s pricey. The Flex 3401 is what I usually use for serious correction on hard clear, but not everybody likes it; it has a unique "recoil" that some just don`t like. Any of those three (and you could add the newer XP model from PC and the latest Meguiar`s unit to that list too) would be a significant step up from the PC that you have now.

Thread Information