Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I have silver gray cars, wine white used z2 z6 z7 z8 zaio am happy with the results but I want to try other brands.

costarica live and I would like to try another brand, such blackfire diamond?

Post Thanks / Like
    Heh heh, IMO if you`re happy with the Zaino you might oughta just stick with it :think: But I`ll give you credit for being open to other choices.

FWIW, on silver/gray/white I like FK1000P. Somebody will probably suggest Poxy from 3D, you might like that too.

Post Thanks / Like
    ok, I`ll explain myself better, I like zaino, but the drying time of the product etc. bothers me a bit, I would use a product that has a glossy finish and is fast drying and not so time consuming, so my question blackfire diamond.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you like Zaino you`ll like Duragloss 105--similar look but a little warmer. Reasonably priced and if you mix DG 105 4 to 1 with DG 601 you can add additional coats in 2hours. Maintain with DG Aquawax 951 and or DG Fast Clean and Shine 921. 105 will give you 4-6 months protection. Duragloss Fixed shipping at $4.95 no matter how much you order. As mentioned above HD POXY is also a great choice but not quite as long lasting.

Post Thanks / Like

What is your cure time requirement? BFWD has a standard cure time like almost all other sealants. You don`t usually top it for a few hours.

I have used the "newer" BF Crystal Seal. It is a WOWA sealant like Opti-Seal. It leaves a nice finish and cures in around 45min. So you can top it an hour after putting it on. It may be something to look into. I can do a regular sized car in under 15min with it as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    ok, thanks, zaino z2 for proper activation is hard to dry at least 2 hours in the climate where I live, I say blackfire diamond 30 to 45 minutes is sufiiente to cure.

Post Thanks / Like
    BFWD might be a bit slicker but I`m not sure you`ll think it looks better than Z2 on silver. It also doesn`t like moisture for curing, probably more so than Z2.

Post Thanks / Like
    "I`m not sure you`ll think it looks better than Z2 on silver"

I have to agree with you on this again Dan. I just wish other lsp`s changed the look of paint like Zaino does on silver.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with that, the z2 in silver is great I have no doubt that, maybe I would like the healing time is quicker than is sometimes the problem.

z8 certainly the most impressive yet makes it look silver color also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Only LSP iIve ever used on silver cars is OS but what about something UPGP, thatis supposed to looks good on lighter colored cars. No experience with it so can`t comment on cure time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don`t always drink car care products... but when I do I prefer ONR

Post Thanks / Like
    Somebody will probably suggest Poxy from 3D, you might like that too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palulo1
    I agree with that, the z2 in silver is great I have no doubt that, maybe I would like the healing time is quicker than is sometimes the problem.

z8 certainly the most impressive yet makes it look silver color also.

How much Z2 are you using on the car? Should be 1/4-1/2oz. Zaino goes on super-super-super thin, when you apply it, it should feel like none is going on the car. Only when your applicator pad starts getting grabby is when you should apply a pea sized dot and continue.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d go with Opti-Seal if you don`t mind applying it 3-4 times a year (so easy though, just wipe on and it clears out on its own), or Opti-Coat if you want to do it one time and not have to worry about waxing or sealing again for several years.

If you want a warm, wet look and are open to trying a wax, Collinite 476 looks great and is pretty durable.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Agree with Scott, Optiseal is another fantastic choice on Silver. I`ve also been trying it on less than perfect finishes, it`s amazing on dry/moderately oxidized paint, really makes it pop, though the effect doesn`t last more than a few days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    How much Z2 are you using on the car? Should be 1/4-1/2oz. Zaino goes on super-super-super thin, when you apply it, it should feel like none is going on the car. Only when your applicator pad starts getting grabby is when you should apply a pea sized dot and continue.

if in fact the z2 I apply a small drop per panel, but if it takes a while to dry.

As mentioned the Optiseal scottwax might consider for later since I have yet z2.

z12 will be good for glasses? I have a problem that glasses are seen as dirty stained z7 am using the shampoo, but those stains still persist.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information