Post Thanks / Like
    First of all, I would like to thank CarPro for sending me a free sample of their Cquartz Fabric & Leather Coat (100ml).

Here is a picture of the protectant sitting on the seats it would be used on, along with the microfiber that CarPro sent me as well. The items were very well packaged, and the microfiber was extremely plush.

The vehicle is a 2007 Mazda 3 Sport, my personal vehicle. It is a daily driver with almost 90k miles. We have a 2 year old and a (brand new!!) infant. I detail the interior regularly and usually apply Zaino Leather in a Bottle as a treatment.

To start off, I cleaned the seats with 1:10 3D APC by spraying the cleaner on then agitating with a soft nylon brush. The seats had been cleaned a few weeks ago, so not much scrubbing was needed.

As you can see, the seats are clean and free of debris. No shots of the rest of the interior. It needed to be vacuumed and recleaned as we just recently got back from the hospital (wife had our second child!). This is all about the leather anyway!

Taped half of the seat off. Wanted to get a good contrast for before and after shots.

Then the process began. I sprayed the product lightly but thoroughly, and then gently wiped the product into the leather using a clean, dry microfiber towel. Then I got out the hair dryer to expedite the drying process. The temp was about 60 outside but it had been raining and was somewhat humid, which is also a reason why some of the shots look dark.

After drying I removed the tape, the top half is pretreatment the bottom is post. The leather had a nice satin gloss to it, and even felt softer.

Another shot, notice the wear on the leather in the bottom right corner. Pretty common for daily drivers.

Finished Seats:

This is how much product remained after one seat. I was sent a 100ml bottle, which seems like enough to do one vehicle. I was fairly liberal with the product however, so on a two seater or small sedan you might be able to get two treatments out.

Overall impressions:

This is a high quality, premium leather protectant. It has a nice scent once it dries, and definitely makes the leather closer to the way it looked when it was new.

Pros:

1. Ease of use

2. Looks great

3. Nice scent

Cons:

1. Price. I could not see this being a go to product for a “production level” detailers. This could definitely be an add-on service for mid-range detailers, or a common use product for high end detailers.

Unknowns:

1. Durability. For the time being, I am not going to apply this to the rest of the vehicle. I want to know how long it is going to last. I will try and do a 2 week and 1 month update.

2. Have not used this on fabric. I will wait until I get a nice high end vehicle that needs some protection, treat, then post an update.

Again, thanks to CarPro for the opportunity to test and review this product. If anyone has any questions or comments, please let me know.
    Auto Detailing in Marion, Illinois
    www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool thanks for the review. I`ve had good luck with it on carpet and leather so far. I`ve noticed while spraying the carpet I was getting some on the vinyl. Instead of just wiping this off, I`ve started wiping it off the vinyl then applying to the leather seats. A little spreads a long way. Just a tip for anyone down the road

Post Thanks / Like
    Mark, excellent review, documentation, and pictures! Thanks a bunch for investing the time in this. Heres the link for anyone looking for it.

This is the medium size out of the 3 sizes carried Cquartz Fabric & Leather Coat (100ml) - www.CarPro-US.com

Btw, that`s the first time I`ve seen pics of it on older leather seats. It darkened them nicely. Looking forward to the updates also!

Thanks again,

Corey

Post Thanks / Like
    Look forward to future updates.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfections
    Cool thanks for the review. I`ve had good luck with it on carpet and leather so far. I`ve noticed while spraying the carpet I was getting some on the vinyl. Instead of just wiping this off, I`ve started wiping it off the vinyl then applying to the leather seats. A little spreads a long way. Just a tip for anyone down the road

I will remember that about spreading the product further. My goal for review was to follow the instructions pretty much by the book. Thanks for the hint!

I`m looking forward to seeing how the durability turns out. With good durability I could see this product going far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good, not too glossy.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used this product yesterday. It might work well on newer normal car leather but it doesn`t work so good on semi-aniline leather.

After application and drying, the leather looks extremely dry and white marks show in the creases when you press on it. Other products such as Leather Masters Protection Creme seems to absorb into the leather and makes an even look once applied. The Cquartz Leather and Fabric Protector leaves a layer on top that doesn`t absorb and leaves the leather feeling hard and dry. Also, the LM products will cover the leather imperfections and fill it in. The CQuartz will not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Z K
    I used this product yesterday. It might work well on newer normal car leather but it doesn`t work so good on semi-aniline leather.

After application and drying, the leather looks extremely dry and white marks show in the creases when you press on it. Other products such as Leather Masters Protection Creme seems to absorb into the leather and makes an even look once applied. The Cquartz Leather and Fabric Protector leaves a layer on top that doesn`t absorb and leaves the leather feeling hard and dry. Also, the LM products will cover the leather imperfections and fill it in. The CQuartz will not.

Interesting review, I have never used it on that type of leather. I`m not really sure the product was designed to condition leather, I was under the impression it was primarily for protection. Maybe someone a little more educated could give us some info, or perhaps a vendor?

Post Thanks / Like
    ZK, thank you for your post. How did you apply? I suspect the white you describe is where you let it settle thick in the creases. On leather, spray and then wipe with a mf suede. You still want a even moderate coat (not trying to spread thin) but you are spreading after every couple sprays. Then minute later lightly wipe with the back side of the mf suede of the finish isn`t even.

Mark is also right about this not being a conditioner. It`s a protective coat but should not give you any sense of a hard feeling like you mentioned.

Also just in case you didn`t shake before use as always.

Corey

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG
    ZK, thank you for your post. How did you apply? I suspect the white you describe is where you let it settle thick in the creases. On leather, spray and then wipe with a mf suede. You still want a even moderate coat (not trying to spread thin) but you are spreading after every couple sprays. Then minute later lightly wipe with the back side of the mf suede of the finish isn`t even.

Mark is also right about this not being a conditioner. It`s a protective coat but should not give you any sense of a hard feeling like you mentioned.

Also just in case you didn`t shake before use as always.

Corey

I cleaned the leather with Leather Master`s leather cleaner to remove any residue and clean the surface. After it dried, I sprayed the Cquartz onto the leather and then spread with a microfiber towel as the directions described.

The white crease marks show up when you press on the leather. After application, it looks ok. Then try sitting on it or pressing your hand on the leather and once you get up, all the creases show white.

I think this sealant might work well for protected leather that is in good/new condition... as it is, it doesn`t work well with aniline or leather that is worn. That is how I see it in my case. Other leather products have fillers that hide defects, condition the leather and give it an even appearance. The Cquartz doesn`t have these qualities.

Thread Information