Thread: Drive Pur

Post Thanks / Like
    How many of you here offer Drive Pur as a stand alone service...meaning only the Drive Pur fogging no pre-cleaning of the interior.

What are you treating with the Drive Pur?

How successful is the Drive Pur without any pre-cleaning?

What kinds of odors in your experience do you have the most success with the Drive Pur?

Post Thanks / Like
    Drive Pur is great but if you`re trying to remove odors you absolutely have to clean first. Odor removal is not an easy process, so there is no reason to try it without cleaning, then possibly have to go back and start at the beginning if it doesn`t work.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a free demo done when I had my shop. I wasn`t crazy about it`s own distinct odor it left behind after the fogging and really disliked the film I had to clean off the windows afterwards. It`s a very effective system, but when my customer picked up the car the demo was done on (I had her permission to do it), she didn`t like the smell. I told her they said it would go away after a couple days but she still didn`t like it much. So I never ended up getting the system.
    Rich Grasa

Pro Mobile Detailing based in New Milford, CT

www.explicitdetails.com

Keeper of the beautiful Jean-Claude's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It works awesome. It is not something you just spray. Seats are removed and every square inch is treated thoroughly. It`s been a year and half since I applied it on the first car and the owner says the mildew odor(that he did "everything" to get rid of) is still gone and the car smells fresh to this day.
    Detailed Designs Auto Spa
    Professional Car Detailing Atlanta
    Authorized Modesta Installer
    Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    Paint Protection Film and Clear Bra Installation

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Claude
    It works awesome. It is not something you just spray. Seats are removed and every square inch is treated thoroughly. It`s been a year and half since I applied it on the first car and the owner says the mildew odor(that he did "everything" to get rid of) is still gone and the car smells fresh to this day.

Have you ever had any complaints about it`s own odor it leaves? How about the sticky film it leaves on the windows, has that been an issue for you or is it something you can easily overlook since it works so well? I`m still considering getting the system if there`s more positives than negatives.
    Rich Grasa

www.explicitdetails.com

Post Thanks / Like
    We end by going over all windows and the interior with a quick wipedown- ONR on towel or other. We are using tomorrow on a vomit car...steam then DrivePur.

We plan to push this service beyond cars next year!

Rob
    Robert and Susan Regan

Towel Pros Microfiber

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Automania
    How many of you here offer Drive Pur as a stand alone service...meaning only the Drive Pur fogging no pre-cleaning of the interior.

What kinds of odors in your experience do you have the most success with the Drive Pur?

Dirt and moisture sources need to be eliminated, so first start by cleaning all the interior surfaces; but remember shampooing alone will not eradicate these odours. You eliminate odour-causing organisms with very specialized chemicals.
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    some of you have gone off on a tangent about cleaning odors, how to clean etc... but the question was do you offer as a stand alone service?. The reason I asked the question was to see if anyone does auto rental agencies to freshen the interior of vehicles, does anyone do ac/ vents only, does anyone just offer the service to freshen up the vehicle alone. I offer as a stand alone service for a/c vents and to freshen up rental vehicles. I also offer as an add on service to interior detailing to sanitize the interior, treat a/c vents and change cabin filter.

I use drive pur to help in neutralizing many types of odors after cleaning and removing with other appropriate products.

Drive pur is successful without pre-cleaning for a/c vents and refreshing rental vehicles

I have the best success after cleaning filthy cars and have made it part of the cleaning package as I find it gives a fresh smelling experience.

I was hoping others could share their experiences using the product in other ways...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplicitDetails
    Have you ever had any complaints about it`s own odor it leaves? How about the sticky film it leaves on the windows, has that been an issue for you or is it something you can easily overlook since it works so well? I`m still considering getting the system if there`s more positives than negatives.

I use this system often and have never had a complaint about odor. I always tell clients before treatments that the product leaves a slight chemical smell that will dissipate completely after a couple of weeks. Have never had a complaint yet.

About the windows, I don`t see it as a big issue. I always do at least a simple detail before applying a treatment, so I just always wait to do windows until after the treatment has been applied.

DrivePur has been a great add-on service for my business, and has been a life saver for many clients with severe odor problems.
    Auto Detailing in Marion, Illinois
    www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    We have an agreement with a major rental company. We get a set amount for each procedure-- no cleaning at all, just run the machine- 3 chems.
    Robert and Susan Regan

Towel Pros Microfiber

Post Thanks / Like
    some of you have gone off on a tangent about cleaning odors, how to clean etc... but the question was do you offer as a stand alone service?. The reason I asked the question was to see if anyone does auto rental agencies to freshen the interior of vehicles, does anyone do ac/ vents only, does anyone just offer the service to freshen up the vehicle alone. I offer as a stand alone service for a/c vents and to freshen up rental vehicles. I also offer as an add on service to interior detailing to sanitize the interior, treat a/c vents and change cabin filter.

I use drive pur to help in neutralizing many types of odors after cleaning and removing with other appropriate products.

Drive pur is successful without pre-cleaning for a/c vents and refreshing rental vehicles

I have the best success after cleaning filthy cars and have made it part of the cleaning package as I find it gives a fresh smelling experience.

I was hoping others could share their experiences using the product in other ways...

Deleted, I found this rude, but I`m a bit `````y today
    Rich Grasa

www.explicitdetails.com

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, was just trying to be helpful and share my experience. Didn`t realize you already had the system
    Rich Grasa

www.explicitdetails.com

Post Thanks / Like
    :aww:thats ok ... I have had only 1 person who returned because of a sticky headliner... so now we wipe down everything including cleaning the windows after fogging to eliminate those problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplicitDetails
    Sorry, was just trying to be helpful and share my experience. Didn`t realize you already had the system

Post Thanks / Like
    O.K. a couple of things to discuss.

First-the distinctive odor you refer to is the byproduct gas caused by the Smok product acting on the odor molecules. The worse the originating odor, the worse the byproduct odor. Sometimes this is caused by using too much Smok in the process. 4 oz. is sufficient for a full size car, 3 oz. for a compact or small pickup truck. Then you must properly air out the vehicle for a minimum of one hour, more if it`s a strong smoke smell. The important thing is to leave the ventilation system running after the treatment to be sure the ventilation system is cleared out. To do this properly, you remove the machine from the vehicle, switch the ventilation system off RECIRCULATE so that it pulls in the outside air, then run it for a couple of minutes. This will help clear out any remaining odor. Most people forget to switch to outside air so the system does not get cleared out. The customer gets in the car, puts the vent system on normal and gets a blast of the bad odor.

On the window film, this is caused by one or both of two things. First, the interior of the vehicle must be warmed to 70 degrees (we recommend 80 in cold weather, especially if you treat outside. Second, the machine cannot be pointed at the windows nor can the dash vents be pointed towards the windows. Even in warm weather, this will cause the product (Smok) to condense on the window.

I have done numerous vehicles in varying kinds of weather over the last three years and only have problems when I fail to follwo these rules.

Thread Information