Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I`m not sure this is a "detailing" product per se, but I wanted to share my thoughts/experience on this as I think it can serve the hooby-ist detailer well.

DISCLAIMER: I have no prior experience with shop-vacs in general.

So i decided to purchase this model Vacmaster VBV1210 Detachable Blower Wet/Dry Vacuum, 12 Gallon, 5 Peak HP.

I have been meaning to buy a shop vac for random vacuuming around the house/garage, but was intrigued by the blower option and it received pretty good reviews on Amazon! a 2 in 1 deal!? Too good to be true? I figured I`d use the blower to dry the car!

Got the vac y-day, tried it today. The vacuum suction was pretty good. I got all the dirt out using it`s extension. I haven`t tried it as a wet vacuum, but the suction seems pretty good.

As a blower, i was surprisingly impressed at it`s output. It was able to blow wet leaves in my yard petty well. I tried it to dry the car (duh), and it did the job! My car`s lsp was deteriorated but I bet that with a well maintained car, it would dry it pretty quick (since the water would just glide off!).

The fact that it`s electric and thus has a cord was a bit of an annoyance as I had to be careful to not let the cord touch the car paint.

The actual motor unit/blower isn`t too heavy, but blowing off all the water off my car was a tad of a work out for my arms. Again, I think the job would go more quickly and would be easier when used for regular washes where the lsp is intact and the water beading! I would estimate that it took me between 5-10 minutes to get the whole care 90% dry.

Overall, I didn`t realize that 12 gallon is huge!

Peak power is quite well suited for both blowing water off your car as well as your yard`s leaves. The dry vaccuum does the job quite well and it seems to be a good quality/price ratio!

I Obviously can`t attest to it`s longevity, but I`m quite happy of it`s performance thus far!

Thought i`d share in case someone is interested in buying a similar product

If you have questions, let me know!

CHeers!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like a good general purpose product. Do you know if the blower puts out filtered air? Don`t want to chance dirt particles sandblasting freshly cleaned paint Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    The actual blower (motor) is encased in a plastic cover. I just checked and I can see a black filter around the motor. SO yes it seems so.

That being said, i didn`t seem to be a very dense filter... probably to not reduce too much air intake/output. It appears you can access it via 4 screws and I am sure you can switch it out for a more dense filter if you are weary of the one that comes with.

If anyone has any questions, i`d be happy to look into it.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the input. I am looking to upgrade to a higher end model shop vac the first of next year.
    Auto Detailing in Marion, Illinois
    www.visualprodetailing.com

Thread Information