Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve got a little green and have used the Bissell solution that comes with it for home use and it seems to work fine. I`ve also used the same solution on carpets of a truck with quite good results. I am looking for another option to use on carpets and cloth seats for regular cleaning. Is woollite something that can be run in an extractor? and in a spray bottle if I decide to just use water in the extractor? Is it low-foaming?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone? Headed to the store later and hoping to get something.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have run Woolite (heavily diluted with water) through my LGM a several occasions but I don`t know what long term effect it may have on the machine. I have also used Meguiars APC+.

I also have an upright ProHeat 2X but will only run the approved Bissell detergents through that one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do not put the all purpose in the machine.

Put plain hot water in the unit and mist the areas.

Then, using a spray bottle, mist the areas with your selected all purpose dilution, agitate with a brush to release the soil.

Once this is done, use the little extractor to remist the the areas with hot water and then you may extract the all purpose, the water and the "soil" that is now broken loose and liquified.

Your unit will last much longer and you will obtain much cleaner results.

Once all done, take a terry cloth towel and rub the areas, checking the towel regularly and turning it to a clean towel area as needed.

Grumpy

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Ketcham

Put plain hot water in the unit and mist the areas.

Then, using a spray bottle, mist the areas with your selected all purpose dilution, agitate with a brush to release the soil.

Once this is done, use the little extractor to remist the the areas with hot water and then you may extract the all purpose, the water and the "soil" that is now broken loose and liquified...

That`s how I do it too, even with my Pro extractor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Ron, ive been reading that that`s the way to do it. Do you think woolite laundry detergent diluted in a spray bottle would be a good general purpose cleaner?

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t know, I always use my ValuGard Omni All Purpose, diluted 1 part to 10 parts water.

I guess the Woolite would work fine.

Grumpy

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dfoxengr
    ... Do you think woolite laundry detergent diluted in a spray bottle would be a good general purpose cleaner?

While I might consider using it for wool carpets (Brit cars...) it might not be potent enough for use on stained synthetic carpets/fabrics. Plus, mine is a bit thick, so mixing it up to a potent concentration might not work as well as something of a lesser viscosity (i.e., "thinner") that would still be potent when diluted.

I`d use an APC or something made for carpets/fabrics. My 3D(green) APC works well, as does OPC and my various Pro carpet products (from TOL/Hi Temp and Chem Spec).

Post Thanks / Like
    You might get lucky and find Megs APC+ locally. Good stuff and it doesn`t foam much in the machine. I also spray it via pump sprayer and then use water in the LGM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually just ordered some Megs APC on AG last night for just all purpose needs. I`ll go ahead and not get woolite and try that. I`ll probably get the woolite spray high traffic stuff tho for stains. I saw some guys were using that as a stain pre-treat.

Post Thanks / Like
    I doubt the woolite can get anything out the APC+ can`t. You can go down to 5:1 and get some really nasty stuff. I`ll use other stuff for spot cleaning, but for general use, APC+ rocks. Its a great wheel cleaner too!

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually just ordered some Megs APC on AG last night for just all purpose needs. I`ll go ahead and not get woolite and try that. I`ll probably get the woolite spray high traffic stuff tho for stains. I saw some guys were using that as a stain pre-treat.

Folex (Lowes) works great as a pretreatment for stains--even without an extractor does a great job on tough stains. Even at 20:1 I`ve found Woolite creats allot of foam.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    .. I`ll go ahead and not get woolite and try that. I`ll probably get the woolite spray high traffic stuff tho for stains. I saw some guys were using that as a stain pre-treat.

I`d rather buy a pre-treater from one of the carpet cleaning chemical companies like ChemSpec. Woolite is so, uhm..."consumer" and that often equates to lots of foaming (which impresses the ignorant) with not all that much cleaning.

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    [Woolite is so, uhm..."consumer" and that often equates to lots of foaming (which impresses the ignorant) with not all that much cleaning]

Using a detergent that is meant to be flush rinsed (i.e. rinsed until it runs clear) in a situation where this is not possible, is not recommended as when it dries it will attract dirt and contribute to re-soiling
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information