Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    As I`ve stated on another thread, if you don`t do a final buff with a soft MF you`re not getting the most out of ONR, esp v3. You`re really selling yourself short.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush-Mouth
    Just stick with products sold by manufacturers like 3D, Optimum, 1Z, Menzerna, 4Star and Meguiars and skip the ones that places like AutoGeek offers as inhouse brands like DP, Blackfire, Wolfgang, XMT, Pinnacle and Ultima.

Amen to that!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killerzee and Mush-Mouth
    ..Just stick with products sold by manufacturers like 3D, Optimum, 1Z, Menzerna, 4Star and Meguiars and skip the ones that places like AutoGeek offers as inhouse brands like DP, Blackfire, Wolfgang, XMT, Pinnacle and Ultima...

I dunno.. some stuff from BlackFire, Pinnacle, and Ultima don`t seem to have direct equivalents in other product lines :think:

I`m not a fan-boy for those lines, and I use stuff from the six you like, but being all about *results* there are some BF/Pinnacle/Ultima stuff that I wouldn`t want to be without as nothing else is quite the same IME.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    I dunno.. some stuff from BlackFire, Pinnacle, and Ultima don`t seem to have direct equivalents in other product lines :think:

I`m not a fan-boy for those lines, and I use stuff from the six you like, but being all about *results* there are some BF/Pinnacle/Ultima stuff that I wouldn`t want to be without as nothing else is quite the same IME.

Ultima is a brand of Premium Finish Care/Four Star and I thought was something David B. was involved in developing/marketing. They have some unique products.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky
    Ultima is a brand of Premium Finish Care/Four Star and I thought was something David B. was involved in developing/marketing. They have some unique products.

Ah, I knew about David`s involvement (hey, I`m *NOT* a hater of David B. :grinno: ), but I didn`t know about the tie-in with 4-Star.

Post Thanks / Like
    He had ties with Rick Vaal (is it?) of 4 Star as far back as several years ago I recall him discussing.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti
    As I`ve stated on another thread, if you don`t do a final buff with a soft MF you`re not getting the most out of ONR, esp v3. You`re really selling yourself short.

Ok, I did another wash with a dry buff. I absolutely agree that it makes a significant difference in clarity. I`m not sure I see a place in my regimen though. I prefer to spritz each panel with a QD rather than dry buffing.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used Duragloss 931 and UWW on two separate vehicles this week with good results.

I was going to put down another coat of Duragloss 601/105 on my daily driver HHR this week while on vacation. However, I decided to see how much 931 boosted the water beading and the appearance of the 105. I applied the 601/105 in July with only a couple of handwashes and one touchless rinse since then. The beading seemed to be about done,but we`ve had a pretty decent amount of rain the past 3 months. The DG 931 left a VERY nice shine and gloss as always,and the water beading had improved as well. It looks really good for white! I haven`t decided if I will go for another coat of 105/601 yet. I may try the 931 topped with AW before I do so,and I would like to use the UWW on my HHR also.

I used UWW as a rinseless on my wife`s Liquid Red G8 for the first time this week also. I had been using the DG 931 topped with AW with outstanding results. The 931/AW combo looked amazing with tons of depth,wetness,and gloss. The UWW might`ve made the finish look even better without any topper. We`re talking some serious gloss and wetness!

Both products are awesome for sure. I`m still going to give ONR a shot despite how much I like these two products

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m using the Duragloss and ONR Rinseless. The ONR smell makes me nauseas after a while, so Duragloss wins there. I think they are both great, hat to pick a winner.

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote name=`David Fermani`]Great to have the good Dr. here again. Thanks for setting the record straight by letting everyone know the real deal about your manufacturing capabilites. I would love to some day take a plant tour! But in the mean time I`ll just settle on seeing you @ SEMA!

Hopefully you can make it the Autopia 2012 SEMA After Party & Get Together

Mr. Fermani,

Sorry for the late reply. I look forward to seeing you at SEMA next week and perhaps in Memphis in the near future. I also wanted to thank you for the invitation to the party but unfortunately I am tied up that evening. If we get through our meeting early, I will definitely stop by. Thanks again.

David,

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Ok, I did another wash with a dry buff. I absolutely agree that it makes a significant difference in clarity. I`m not sure I see a place in my regimen though. I prefer to spritz each panel with a QD rather than dry buffing.
    Well at least you can see I`m not making stuff up.

Post Thanks / Like
    My vote goes to Infinite Use Detail Juice 1st then ONR second. The ONR is more cost effective but not by much... I prefer to spend the little bit of extra money and have a better performing product that does a lot more things. Tomorrow I will try the ONR straight as a dressing and see what results I get! I was the biggest ONR fan until I tried IUDJ. I use the new V3 of ONR and will say its better than the V1 and V2 but not a HUGE improvement except the smell and lubricity did change a little. Still as a clay bar lube I do not care for the ONR but do use it as one for backup. For windows it does OK but nothing crazy, I still go to my Megs glass concentrate instead.

I should have some updates tomorrow I hope on the ONR being used straight for tire dressing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I tested the ONR for tire dressing today... I have a few pictures but they came out bad and really don`t show much. Either way, the ONR doesn`t work as tire shine from the results I got... I sprayed it straight with no diluting about 3 times and let it sit 10 minutes between coats. It did darken the tires some and make a clean matte finish but that was it, no shine. The Infinite Use Detail Juice gives a slight shine but not much more than the ONR from what I saw. To me Infinite Use Detail Juice is far too expensive to be shooting on your tires straight up with no diluting. It did the same thing as ONR but with a little more shine. On interiors, leather and such it looks great though! The IUDJ seems to have more lubricity than the ONR and very easy to wipe off without having to go back over and buff like you do with ONR. ONR is a very close second though so I cannot put it down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is Optimum releasing a new version of ONR? Saw this picture but haven`t found anything about it online.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by danponjican
    Is Optimum releasing a new version of ONR? Saw this picture but haven`t found anything about it online.

V3 has been out for sometime now...look for the gold label

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information