Post Thanks / Like
    OK, anyone that knows me - looking at YOU Mr. Brandon1, knows that I never cared for "ONR`ing" Why? I just never thought it was as good as a good ol regular wash and I still don`t, BUT - I have softened my stand on this, I tried the new DG rinseless. And before I forget it - thanks to all the folks that posted Youtube and how-to videos and pics, I spent a better part of a day looking and reading all I could find. Anyway, back on task, I tried this stuff and holy cow! It works great, the best part was the shine it leaves behind. I`m still working on my own technique and like your first dance at the prom, I`m a little awkward, but catching on quick! I think for the my personal cars, this is perfect. The cars/trucks/turds with wheels that I do, weeeel maybe not, but some may work just fine. It`s definately got it`s place in my supply cabinet.
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. They improved it with the addition of AquaWax. I have used DG Rinseless twice and now my ONR sits in the rear of the cabinet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Haven`t used the Duragloss one, but ONR v3 leaves the paint very slick, glossy and easier to wash the next time. Plus most of the time I wash (excect my own car), I am also going to polish so the addition of wax wouldn`t be a benefit.

Still have to check it out though, almost out of #221, I`ll see if the place I buy that from has the rinseless wash too, be interesting to see how ONR v3 compares.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Tony,

What is the most effective technique you found for the new DG rinseless? I heard some complaints of hazing if not wiped-down properly because of the added AW.

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess anything could haze if not wiped down, personally I just use a thick micro fiber towel, same as before when I was drying the water off. I have tried the 1 & 2 bucket method, microfiber wash mit and grout sponge. So far, I like the 2 bucket, grout sponge method best.
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mystickid
    Tony,

What is the most effective technique you found for the new DG rinseless? I heard some complaints of hazing if not wiped-down properly because of the added AW.

The below video is one good technique for all rinseless washes that was recently posted here. The beauty of it is that there is no chance of reintroducing dirt from the towels back to the car. You will need a dozen or so towels but for most of us that is not a problem at all. I tried it with the DG rinseless and it works really well. The spray cleaner I used to prep the panels was PoorBoys S&W.

The Garry Dean Wash Method GDWM Infinite Use Detail Juice Anywhere Wash Bucket Waterless Car Wash Auto Wash Rinseless Car Wash - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like
    Not knocking using a dozen towels, but, I use one for the whole car to dry it. I just wring it out when it gets too wet and in 7-8 years of car washing, I`ve yet to see any problem. Now, with this "dark side" aka rinseless washing, from what I`ve read, seen and tried, there shouldn`t be anything left after you wash a panal except water. If it`s really nasty, I`ll wash, rinse in the second bucket and wash again before I dry. Now this is just me, my technique and my car, ya`ll will have to find that method that makes you comfortable. I`m NOT trying to convert, change, or sway anyone to how I do stuff. I used to tell my oldest daughter that I was the bad example, the one to watch and not do what he did. And that if she started messing up I`d know in a nano second, the beauty of been-there, done-that! Guess what, she graduated wth honors from high school, got accepted at NC State (Go Wolfpack!!) and loves her classes. OK, maybe I did do 1 thing right in my life afterall.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used the DG rinseless one time each on two of my vehicles. This was also my first rinseless wash experience.

I used it for the first time on my daily driven white HHR about a month ago. I did a quick wash with the DG the night before we left on our vacation,and it left a very nice and glossy finish. I had applied a coat of DG 105 about a month prior to the wash,and it seemed to enhance the shine very nicely. It rained the next morning as we were leaving though,and just about every day of our vacation. It looked good while it lasted though.

I used the DG on my wife`s Liquid Red G8 GT last Saturday. I haven`t had the time to do a full detail on the car in the couple of months we`ve had it. I`ve just been using various spray waxes. The DG really made the paint look awesome. The car just glows now,and the paint looks really slick,deep,and shiny also. I was very,very,very impressed,and my wife is as well! Some of her friends remarked on the shine as well.

I`ve mixed up two gallons of the wash both times,but I`ve had to go back and make some more both times too. I used a microfiber mitt with "fingers" on it,and I will probably try a grout sponge next time. Neither car was terribly dirty,but the DG had no problem cleaning the grime off either vehicle. I didn`t notice any marring either.

Color me impressed. This is some good stuff. I don`t know if I can put the hose away forever,but I do like rinseless and waterless washing!

Next up is Ultima! I love their WW,and I plan to mix up some rinseless and give it a shot. I do want to try ONR sometime as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Im surprised that I don`t see more reviews and and talk about DG`s rinseless with AW. It`s seemed to fall off the radar of detailing forums pretty quickly after it`s announcement. I guess people are just sticking with ONR. V3 came out around the same time I think. I really have to try DG`s though, then I`l know for my self.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ended up doing an unplanned comparison a few days ago between ONR V3 and DG Rinseless (DGR). Been using ONR since almost day one but ran out of V2 a few months ago so made a trip to Autoality to pick up some V3. The DGR had just been released so I also grabbed 16ozs to give it a try. Both cars are VW`s and both had recently been polished with HD Polish, a coat of DG105/601 cocktail, then a coat of POXY, so the finishes are "slick as eel snot" to use a phrase coined by another member here (can`t remember the screen name at the moment). Both cars have been washed 3 times with the DGR, but didn`t have enough to do both a few days ago so used ONR V3 on one and DGR on the other. Same washing media, 1 oz per gallon and same drying media on both cars--Neat Items MF mitt with a grout sponge stuffed inside, first drying wipe with a lightly dampened WW and final drying wipe with a fluffy, but short nap MF.

ONR V3 and DGR both cleaned well and released dirt equally well, but I felt the ONR V3 dried easier and was noticeably slicker. A few days later noticed that the car with the ONR V3 wash (black) had much less dust on it the car than the other and both had been driven about the same.

Another advantage to the ONR that I forgot about is that it is great for cleaning windows (on the car or the house) and great for wiping down the interior -- I was reluctant to use the DGR on the interior because of the AquaWax it might leave behind.

At this point think I`ll stick with ONR V3.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pwaug
    Ended up doing an unplanned comparison a few days ago between ONR V3 and DG Rinseless (DGR). Been using ONR since almost day one but ran out of V2 a few months ago so made a trip to Autoality to pick up some V3. The DGR had just been released so I also grabbed 16ozs to give it a try. Both cars are VW`s and both had recently been polished with HD Polish, a coat of DG105/601 cocktail, then a coat of POXY, so the finishes are "slick as eel snot" to use a phrase coined by another member here (can`t remember the screen name at the moment). Both cars have been washed 3 times with the DGR, but didn`t have enough to do both a few days ago so used ONR V3 on one and DGR on the other. Same washing media, 1 oz per gallon and same drying media on both cars--Neat Items MF mitt with a grout sponge stuffed inside, first drying wipe with a lightly dampened WW and final drying wipe with a fluffy, but short nap MF.

ONR V3 and DGR both cleaned well and released dirt equally well, but I felt the ONR V3 dried easier and was noticeably slicker. A few days later noticed that the car with the ONR V3 wash (black) had much less dust on it the car than the other and both had been driven about the same.

Another advantage to the ONR that I forgot about is that it is great for cleaning windows (on the car or the house) and great for wiping down the interior -- I was reluctant to use the DGR on the interior because of the AquaWax it might leave behind.

At this point think I`ll stick with ONR V3.

Thanks for sharing! Good review!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shortspark
    I have used DG Rinseless twice and now my ONR sits in the rear of the cabinet.

Which version of ONR? ...was it v3? I really liked v2 but I found a massive improvement between v2 and v3.

Thread Information