Post Thanks / Like
    this thread will probably go no where but anyway just thought i`d share my experience using ksg, with a spritz of aw on a 3.5" black finishing pad, i really like the results, very glossy and reflective. i wish i could show it off but i`m just not computer savvy enough to know how, yeah i`m in the stone age i guess. anywho, if you`re up to it and want to give this a try i`reccomend it. remember a little goes a long way. if you`re using a pc it will make life easier and do a little section at a time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Soon as you prime the pad or add anything like AW to it your in essence changing the chemistry of the LSP and possibly its performance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesstzn
    Soon as you prime the pad or add anything like AW to it your in essence changing the chemistry of the LSP and possibly its performance.

That`s what I was thinking, but sometimes the changes can be beneficial (e.g., my "pseudo-spitshine" using QD when applying paste waxes via machine). Heh heh, sometimes those changes are certainly *NOT* beneficial, so I approach such stuff on a case-by-case basis.

blucpe- I`ll be interested to hear how the durability is with this combo. Might be tough to ascertain unless you`re doing multiple layers (I never found KSG all that durable until I had at least four layers and preferably more than that).

Post Thanks / Like
    it will be hard for me to tell i`m always puttin something new on every other wk. really not into the durability, more about the look..

Post Thanks / Like
    bluecpe- Ah, OK.

Sorta interesting that somebody`s using KSG for reasons other than durability, I never really thought of it as a "looks" product, best I ever thought was it it was OK on certain paints.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    bluecpe- Ah, OK.

Sorta interesting that somebody`s using KSG for reasons other than durability, I never really thought of it as a "looks" product, best I ever thought was it it was OK on certain paints.
    i have a cyber grey grand sport and it looks nice on that color, imho, i did have two coats on there before i got the idea to spritz the pad with aw. i don`t know that it made a descernable diff. in the look but it did apply easier, the amt of aw was litterally a 1/2 a spritz. any way just thought i`d share it with everyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    blucpe- Ah, I can imagine it looking good on a color like that. Glad you found a process that you like, with the frequency you`re LSPing I doubt that there will be any durability issues.

Thread Information