Post Thanks / Like
    Recently I decided to purchase several sealants and waxes to try them out, now I have no idea what my "system" should be for applying them or which ones to use together.

I used to only have 3 products, which worked well together. After polishing I would use Klasse AIO, followed by Klasse Sealant Glaze (as many coats as I had time for, usually 3), followed by Pinnacle Signature Series carnauba.

Now my product collection is as follows:

Sealants -

Klasse All In One

Klasse Sealant Glaze

Optimum Opti-Seal

Sealant/Wax Hybrids?

Collinite #845 Insulator Wax

Collinite #476 Super Doublecoat Wax

Carnauba

P21S 100% Carnauba

Pinnacle Signature Series V1 (not much left)

Pinnacle Liquid Sovereign (Sample size)

I`m going to be doing a full paint correction on my dad`s 1980 MGB soon and I want to put on the best combination for protection and appearance following the polish.

Thanks!

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Klasse All In One

Klasse Sealant Glaze

P21S 100% Carnauba
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well that`s discouraging that none of the new products I bought are worth it!

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with John - out of the list, seal with SG, and top with 21 - longest protection out of your selection and best look out of those waxes.

And as you well know the look will really come from polishing. Protection is icing on the cake.

Post Thanks / Like
    Use either Collinite wax instead of the P21S if you want longer lasting protection, but definitely Klasse AIO and Klasse SG first.

Post Thanks / Like
    So what is Opti-Seal good for?

I do use the Collinite waxes for my DD and only put the P21S on for car shows.

Are either of the Collinites durable enough to be put on in between Sealant Glaze and P21S? For my dad`s car, having the extra protection would be good as he doesn`t wax it often. But I`d like to top it with P21S for the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix show.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan19853
    Well that`s discouraging that none of the new products I bought are worth it!

Well, you said you bought a bunch of stuff to try out, right? It almost looks like you got bitten by Autogeek shopping mania. As far as results go, nothing is going to beat the KAIO+KSG+PS21S for looks and durabilty. Optiseal is great for quick results, as are some of the other waxes, but the combo you had is a tough one to beat. If you just want to try new stuff, have at it.

Post Thanks / Like
    The AIO/SG/P21S is a tried and test combination. If you want to experiment, try the AIO/SG/P21S on the horizontal panels and the AIO/Optimum on the vertical.

All of this assumes the paint is nice and glossy to start with

Post Thanks / Like
    The AIO/SG/P21S is a tried and test combination.

Post Thanks / Like
    How about looking for pure longevity with easy application (not having to wait 8 hrs in between like Klasse).

Would it be best to do Opti-Seal + Collinite 845 or 476?

Post Thanks / Like
    Just do 845 or 476, they`ll last a very long time without any other products.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan19853
    How about looking for pure longevity with easy application (not having to wait 8 hrs in between like Klasse).

Would it be best to do Opti-Seal + Collinite 845 or 476?

For pure longevity...

Option 1: Klasse Twins using at least 2 layers of SG. In my experience, SG doesn`t come into its own until the 2nd/3rd layer. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...i really like the look of SG untopped especially on lighter colors.

Option 2: Straight Collinite 845 or 476. Assuming a polished and bare surface, skip all other pre-LSP products and apply 845 or 476

Post Thanks / Like
    For pure longevity the Klasse Twins will be hard to beat. 2 layers of SG will last a lot longer than you think......imperative that you put SG on so thinly you don`t believe it is even on the paint. The Klasse Twins really do their best work on lighter colored cars....especially white or silver.

OptiSeal is great if you apply fairly often after washng your car.....it only takes about 5 minutes to apply to the whole car.

If you want to try different products I would suggest you use them on different cars or at different times....otherwise you won`t really know what you think about any of them if you mix them together. All of the products you have are good but they are primarily all LSP`s.

Thread Information