Post Thanks / Like
    First of all, I would like to thank HD for the free samples. I had already ordered a 32 oz. of Speed and Polish and was shocked when full 16 oz. bottles arrived at my door.

My detailing product experience is not as diverse as most of you, because I gear my business mostly towards volume work, "one steps", and basic express work. That being said, I have used almost every Car Brite, Meguiars` Professional Grade, or OTC product out there, along with a short list of more exotic stuff. Right now I use mostly HD and 3D professional grade products, as they have a great quality and price point.

Starting with Speed:

I do more volume oriented, quick details than true paint corrections so polishing is almost always just one step, and this product has saved me a TON of time and money. I have reduced the amount of time I spend on each 1 step details by 30-45 minutes by using speed and not having to apply a LSP afterwards.

Durability on speed has been "fair" in my opinion, from most accounts it is staying on from 2-4 weeks before the beading starts breaking down heavily. However, I don`t EXPECT an AIO product to have extreme durability, when my clients are looking for durability I usually use Polish for the 1 step then something like Meguiars` Tech Wax for a longer lasting finish. I will say however, that the sleekness and depth of Speed is excellent. Many customers rave about how "wet" the paint looks.

Polish:

Polish is a very good product for light paint defects, swirl marks, holograms, and buffer trails (I fix a lot of local hack jobs work...). Is it the most amazing polish ever made? No, but I would put it right up against most other products I have used, from megs to car brite, in terms of defect reduction ability.

That being said, it is hard to really stand out in the polish category. There are many high quality products out there that do an excellent job. I have used a few products that work slightly better than Polish, but have used many that were worse. I will continue to use it because of working time, defect removal qualities, and the SCENT! This stuff smells great, and so does Speed. What does that matter you say? If I have to use a stinky product or a great smelling product all day, and they both cost the same, I`m going to use the great smelling one. Hands down.

Pads:

I really like the new pad system. I have a stack of the old HD pads and they did well, but were just a little too thick for many occasions. The new pads are thinner, seems a little better as far as quality, and seem to clean up easier.

I currently mostly use Optimum Microfiber pads just because I love the way MF pads perform, but as far as foam pads go the HD are excellent.

Maybe HD will get a MF pad system in the works? One can only hope.

Again, thanks to HD and the forums moderators here for running the contest, and shipping out the products free of charge for us to try.

Bottom line: Speed is excellent, Polish is really good, Pads are much improved over the old ones

:wave:

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for posting your findings! Great job. 3D will have Micro Fiber pads.

For me, HD POLISH IS the best finishing polish I have ever used. I have never been able to get a better finish than with HD POLISH. But I have only tried Scholl, 85rd, 205 P1, as contenders.

What do you like better? If you don`t mind me asking.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought foam HD pads months ago- green, red, and orange. Are the "newer" ones being mentioned...newer?

If son, link please. I went on HD, but they seemed like the same ones I have-- which I really like.

Thanks, Rob

Post 1001.
    Robert and Susan Regan

Towel Pros Microfiber

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I used Sleek and laser brite from car brite extensively when I worked for a dealership, and sleek had an excellent finish, but was not near as aggressive as Polish.

Megs #205 is pretty even with polish, if a little less aggressive.

Pinnacle XMT is just as aggressive and effective as polish, but I feel leaves a higher gloss afterwards. XMT has a much reduced working time however, Polish just seems to go go go...

Again, I am not one of those guys that has a whole cabinet full of different polishes, I am focused on the pennies with my business and if I can find something that is an all around good product, I will stick with it.

Speed - I`m sold, its around to stay.

Polish - really like it, but will test alternatives if the chance arrives.

Pads - works great but I`m in love with MF pads right now, send in the HD Pads!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the explanation. I agree with you on the Micro Fiber pads, but you do finish with foam right?

Hopefully soon we will have the Micro Fiber pads in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by IHA Mark
    I used Sleek and laser brite from car brite extensively when I worked for a dealership, and sleek had an excellent finish, but was not near as aggressive as Polish.

Megs #205 is pretty even with polish, if a little less aggressive.

Pinnacle XMT is just as aggressive and effective as polish, but I feel leaves a higher gloss afterwards. XMT has a much reduced working time however, Polish just seems to go go go...

Again, I am not one of those guys that has a whole cabinet full of different polishes, I am focused on the pennies with my business and if I can find something that is an all around good product, I will stick with it.

Speed - I`m sold, its around to stay.

Polish - really like it, but will test alternatives if the chance arrives.

Pads - works great but I`m in love with MF pads right now, send in the HD Pads!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, LC or 3D foam finish pads are about the only foam pads I use regularly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Guys,

I think HD Speed should be in everyone`s garage. It is the best AIO I have see.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been using HD Speed with Optimum microfiber polishing pads on my 1 polishing step details and following it up with Opti-Seal, which really intensifies the wet look Speed has. With the microfiber polishing pads, Speed can do minor correction.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    I`ve been using HD Speed with Optimum microfiber polishing pads on my 1 polishing step details and following it up with Opti-Seal, which really intensifies the wet look Speed has. With the microfiber polishing pads, Speed can do minor correction.

Good to know Scott, I think I`ll try that out, never thought of using MF pads with Speed...hopefully I can get the minor correction you are getting.

Thread Information