Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I am wondering which pre wax cleaners I should use prior to using Blackfire Wet Diamond and Wolfgang Fuzion. I don`t need anything abrasive that needs to be applied by machine, since I can get by using a mild chemical cleaner applied by hand. I know that BFWD is more or a sealant, while Fuzion is a blend of carnuba and a polymer. I want to avoid using any cleaners that are acrylic based. What is out there for each of these products, and will not prevent them from bonding properly?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blackfire has their Gloss Enhancing Polish, which, despite the name, has no abrasives - it`s more of a pre-wax chemical cleaner with fillers. Wolfgang has a similar product, their Paintwork Polish Enhancer.

Post Thanks / Like
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Klasse AIO - old stand by but still works wonders.
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JuneBug
    Klasse AIO - old stand by but still works wonders.

Agree, but OP said no acrylic. DG652 might be the best choice.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d want to use something that fills...AutoGlym SRP comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by RedlineIRL
    ... I want to avoid using any cleaners that are acrylic based.
    Why`s that? :think:

Quote Originally Posted by umi000
    Blackfire has their Gloss Enhancing Polish, which, despite the name, has no abrasives - it`s more of a pre-wax chemical cleaner with fillers

I have that stuff, I simply love it on satin/matte black bits under the hood and on the undercarriage. Might be a very good choice in this case.

I never noticed it being abrasive, but back when it first came out somebody said that it was :think: I get a bit of transfer off the black bits, but that could easily just be oxidation, considering what I`m using it on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Why`s that? :think:
    From what I understand acrylic all in ones, cleaners, etc contain a polyehtylene acrylic which is acidic by natue, which can cause minor etching of the paint. Even if its on a minute, not easily detected level, I still don`t want to use anything that can do this to the finish.

What about P21S Gloss Enhancing Paintwork Cleanser? Is it inteded to be used with carnubas? Or should it be fine with BFWD and Fuzion?

Post Thanks / Like
    My choice would be either Clearkote`s Red Machine Glaze or Optimum Finish. Not sure if Werkstat`s Prime Carnauba contains any acrylic but if not, that would be another great option.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    The Sonax I mentioned above removes all old waxes and oils and leaves a shiney, squeaky clean, LSP ready finish. I was pleasantly surprised when I used it. I have used many cleaners and the Sonax gets a thumbs up from me. Also it is on sale at Autogeek right now. I also like Scottwax`s idea of RMG.
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Sonus paint cleaner comes to mind and can be topped by sealer or wax.

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    From what I understand acrylic all in ones, cleaners, etc contain a polyehtylene acrylic which is acidic by natue, which can cause minor etching of the paint. Even if its on a minute, not easily detected level, I still don`t want to use anything that can do this to the finish.

The amount of surface etching is miniscule; all it does is to provide a micro anchor to bond the product to the paint, really nothing to worry about. Being acidic its ’resistant’ to bird excrement and acid rain
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    From what I understand acrylic all in ones, cleaners, etc contain a polyehtylene acrylic which is acidic by natue, which can cause minor etching of the paint. Even if its on a minute, not easily detected level, I still don`t want to use anything that can do this to the finish...

As per what TOGWT posted, the functional/real-world aspect of this is that it simply doesn`t matter. Sure never noticed any such effects on my paint, and I inspect with maginfication. But OK, your call, thanks for explaining your reason.

What about P21S Gloss Enhancing Paintwork Cleanser? Is it inteded to be used with carnubas? Or should it be fine with BFWD and Fuzion?

I`ve never tried it other than with waxes (and I didn`t care for it anyhow) so I really :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    What about P21S Gloss Enhancing Paintwork Cleanser? Is it intended to be used with carnubas? Or should it be fine with BFWD and Fuzion?

Although I love this stuff - and the ridiculously similar S100 Shine Enhancing Cleanser - it is a somewhat oily product so it may not cooperate with your Blackfire sealant. It goes on and spreads smoothly and wipes off very easily. It will remove previous wax/sealant but that is the extent of its chemical cleaning abilities. It also has light glazing effects in that it can hide very minor swirls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    As per what TOGWT posted, the functional/real-world aspect of this is that it simply doesn`t matter. Sure never noticed any such effects on my paint, and I inspect with maginfication. But OK, your call, thanks for explaining your reason.
    Just curious, do use acrylics on a frequent basis? It makes me wonder if years of use of an acrylic product can cause any harm. If you inspect with magnification and haven`t seen anything, that passes in my book

Quote Originally Posted by MCA
    Although I love this stuff - and the ridiculously similar S100 Shine Enhancing Cleanser - it is a somewhat oily product so it may not cooperate with your Blackfire sealant. It goes on and spreads smoothly and wipes off very easily. It will remove previous wax/sealant but that is the extent of its chemical cleaning abilities. It also has light glazing effects in that it can hide very minor swirls.
    If its oily I`ll pass then. I remember Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion having an oily feel to it, didn`t like it all all.

The Sonax says it contains mild abrasives, is this something that can really be used by hand without having to work the product in? I am just looking for something that I can wipe on, let haze, and wipe off. Not looking to bust out the 7424 for this

Post Thanks / Like
    Just curious, do use acrylics on a frequent basis? It makes me wonder if years of use of an acrylic product can cause any harm. If you inspect with magnification and haven`t seen anything, that passes in my book

I`ve use Klasse (both KAIO and KSG) for many years, sometimes on vehicles where the paint was *extremely* thin, as in "ready to fail". Zero problems.

Best example: I used the Klasse twins on the MPV that had all sorts of "shouldn`t work"/"that area`s gonna fail!" spot-repairs and clear that was so thin my painter couldn`t believe I hadn`t hit basecoat..... and there were no problems at all. Heh heh, not having heard of the potential risks, I used the Klasse twins to *preserve* that vehicle`s ready-to-die paint and it worked great.

And yeah, the P21s GEPC and Pinnacle`s PCL are kinda similar (as is Zymol`s HDC). I prefer the PCL out of those three, but I would only use it before a wax, not a sealant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information