Post Thanks / Like
    First all I am not a pro just a guy that likes to keep my cars nice. I have a 2012 Audi in Ibis White, a 2012 VW Jetta in White Gold, a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 truck in burgundy. The dodge and the audi have leather but they are new so they are nice shape so I don`t need any restoration.

I use a Porter cable random polisher and I already have a nice range of black, green, white, yellow, orange pads as well as MF bonnets and a nice range of MF towels so I think I am set on tools and pads etc.

Currently I have these LSPs/AIOs

Wolfgang HGS (love it), Klasse sealant ( i like it but its so hard to get on thin enough to easily remove), Collonite 845 (i don`t see what the big deal is), mothers syn wax, mothers reflections (decent and cheap LSP), ReJex (very slick and easy to use), Optimum opti seal (original version) Duragloass 105, Klasse AIO, optimum poliseal, mothers carnuba paste, armor all butter smooth wax (don`t laugh it was free), meguires carnuba deep crystal liquid and a range of dodo carnubas. I have also tried the pinnacle signature series paste carnuba for a while but got rid of it due to durability and no real visible improvements over these other LSPs.

For swirls or other light correction (which is about all i ever need) I have these.

Pinnacle XMT 360 3 step swirl removers, optimum polish II, wolfgang total swirl remover, sonus final finish, meguires paint cleaner deep crystal, meguires fine cut cleaner and meguires show car glaze #7. I can`t say I am really crazy about any of them but usually I can sort through them and find something to get me the results I need on the above cars.

For leather cleaning and care I mostly use lexol products or meguires gold class cleaner/conditioner but as I said I rarely have much restoration to do just a normal clean up and condition. I also have some mothers VLR for vinyl and leather

For QD I use mothers showtime, eagle wipe/shine, turtle ice, meguires quick detailer and ONR mixed up by hand.

For exterior soap I mostly use DP extreme foam in a foam sprayer or on occasion I use some groits soap.

For bug removal I prefer Duragloss or Poor boys bug squash

I am mostly looking for exterior products to give me me more pop, durability, better or easier swirl removal. I would also consider a special occasion wax that produced great results even if it was short lived. So if you see some holes in my game please suggest a few of your must haves for LSP or light correction that are missing from my arsenal if I had $150 to spend.

I also have a black and gold motorhome that I detail once a year and for it I have been using a one step AIO tripe product such as Poli seal or Duragloss 105 because it is simply too big to do two times and it always needs some correction from the brush washing that always seems to leave some scratches that I have to deal with.

Thanks everyone for your time and for the great forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like UNO and POXY. They make a great combo. For detailers Zaino Z-8 and CG`s HYBRID V7- Optical Select-High Gloss Spray Sealant & Detailer are my favorite.
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rotts4u
    ...I am mostly looking for exterior products to give me me more pop, durability, better or easier swirl removal...if you see some holes in my game please suggest a few of your must haves for LSP or light correction that are missing from my arsenal if I had $150 to spend...

These days, correction (especially just light marring) oughta be pretty quick and simple. /Products like Uno, M105.M205, the latest offerings from Optimum, and stuff from Menzerna (if you want "wow!" maybe you should try a great finishing polish like PO85RD) have pretty much rewritten the book. I`d look into some of those products.

For LSPs, it sounds like you already have quite an assortment, and if the Dodo/etc. ones don`t do it for your "special occasion" products then I`m not sure if I`d spend more money in that direction (again, I can`t help but wonder if you could use a different finishing polish). I do think most everyone oughta try FK1000P though. Even if the look doesn`t wow you, the durability and how it cleans up might be something you`d appreciate.

Thread Information