Post Thanks / Like
    I always read NOT to use a vapor steam cleaner on the exterior of cars as ti might damage the finish. What is this about then? Steamericas, Inc. | Optima Steam Car Wash Machine | powered by SJE Corporation | © 2010.

It looks really cool and has a wet/dry selector switch. I was looking into a mobile wash with ONR but if this is available this might make the picture MUCH prettier This is the video which really caught my interest.-

A total car wash with the Optima Steamer - Steam Supply - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a steamer that is very similar to that; the guy I work with who does PPF actually bought it but I ended up using it more than him. I have never tried to "wash" a car with it, but I find it invaluable for cleaning jambs, engines, adhesives, etc. It actually does a decent jobs on wheels too, but it`ll only remove light to moderate brake dust and it takes quite a bit of time (ime). On the interior it`s great for salt stains/sticky mess/headliner...but I still extract after use.

RE; paint. I would not personally use it to "wash" paint. I would use it on clean paint to remove bugs/adhesive/oils...but there`s no way I am wiping a mf/mitt over a dirty surface with only steam as my lubricant.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    The unit itself looks quite large. I have a smaller steamer I use for interiors, wheels, and smaller jobs, but wouldn`t wash a really dirty car with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have this machine and use it with ONR in a spray bottle. Pre-Spray the Panel first though, using very soft absorbent microfibers is critical. It`s really easy to scratch the paint, the towel my helper used in this video wasn`t the best but I was using it on my car just to demo my wash process. I got it because most of my clients want quick simple maintenance details and this really helps speed things up.

Precision Auto Salon steam wash - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like
    How much did this set you back, and are there other (cheaper) alternatives? How is maintenance on the unit? I`ve put off getting a pressure washer because I would only use it for wheel wells and wheels, but I think something like this would be far much more utility than a PW.

Thread Information