Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I am thinking about buying some of my own bottles in either Clear PET plastic or aluminum (10-16 oz) and buying clear labels and printing them myself or just getting labels from the companies and have all the same bottles of product. I own a detailing shop and am looking to get rid of clutter and have a nice uniform looking shelf and cart with uniform bottles, etc (OCD I know). I am hoping I can get labels for everything from Optimum and maybe 1 or 2 other companies since that`s pretty much all I use and be done because I buy my materials in bulk (gallons). I am tired of the typical Home Depot/Lowes spray bottles with no labels, etc.

My concern and question I have for you guys is, will it be ok to make my own labels and stick them to these bottles I make up with the Optimum logo and what the product is? Is there any legal issues and OSHA issues as far as MSDS and needed the info on the actual bottle or can I just show OSHA my MSDS sheets and the gallon bottles I have with the materials in it? Before I spend too much time and money on getting these bottles and sprayers, I want to make sure I`m in the clear here.

Thanks a lot for any info!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been satisfied with these:

Chemical Resistant Spray Bottles | U.S. Plastic Corp.

Wide Mouth LDPE Bottles | U.S. Plastic Corp.

Can`t help with the labels though.

Post Thanks / Like
    cjbigcog, thanks for the link! As for the bottles I am actually looking for the PET plastic types like Dodo Juice products come in. Also I am trying to find out the "legal" side to it as well as far as owning a shop and complying with OSHA laws and matching the MSDS sheets, etc and how that works... Any info on this would be greatly appreciated! As soon as I find out this information I will be on my way to purchasing and printing these labels and putting some kits together on my cart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Update: I just found the PET plastic bottles on the site you provided above! Seems to be the correct ones and for a decent price as well. I am going to order some and some of their chemical resistant nozzels as well... Now I just need to figure out this compliance issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m also curious if anyone has a good method for labeling bottles. Sharpie doesn`t resist the chemicals well and any labels I`ve tried don`t last any longer.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can buy clear labels specifically for bottles, containers, etc. You can print them up on your home printer and then throw another blank clear label over your printed one to keep it protected from degreaser and chemicals. That or get them professionally printed with oil and chemical resistant coating or ink (whichever they use).

Post Thanks / Like
    I have dozens of bottles through US plastics, and I have had nothing but great customer service and great products.

And I love having a 16oz bottle of everything diluted to my liking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone. I can`t answer the legality issues, but... as for the labels...

Avery Weatherproof Labels

Amazon.com: Avery WeatherProof Labels for Laser Printers, 2 x 4 Inch, White, Pack of 100 (15513): Office Products

You`ll need to have access to a laser printer of sorts, but... otherwise, they seem to work great against moisture.

-Kevin

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the Meguiar`s Detailer Line bottles. Granted I use mostly the dedicated products in them, but I have started using OPC in the D103 bottle as they are similar in color and both APC`s.

ADS carries the whole line I think.

Meguiar`s Detailer Dispensing Bottles

Post Thanks / Like
    As far as OSHA goes, all bottles and containers need to be CLEARLY labeled and I think they should have The MSDS label thingy on them too (see below). You should have a dedicated place with all MSDS sheets available for EVERY product in your shop.

The only exception of a smaller container not needing to be labeled is if the person who fills it will be the only one using it, and it has to be used it up during their work shift that day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps not what you are looking for, but here`s how I labeled mine:

I used this: Amazon.com: Brother PT-2100 PC-Connectable Labeling System with AC Adapter: Office Products

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure about everywhere, but in California, all bottles need to be clearly labeled and identifiable. Even spray or squirt bottles. Also, MSDS Sheets need to be on site or readily available. Fines can be up to $7000 per bottle.
    3D and HD Professional Detailing Products

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the pictures and info guys! As for MSDS sheets, I will soon have al of them for everything I have in the shop all in a nice tidy binder. On the bottle labeling though, what exact info do I need? I was going to have the logo of whatever product I was using (Optimum) printed up and then dilution ratio as well. I do know one regulation by OSHA on extra bottles is needing it to be labeled with the product name and dilution ratio but what else do I need on it?

I am wanting to buy the sprayers and PET bottles all to match and get them labeled correctly without having to worry about OSHA busting me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to bump this thread if possible and see if there are any other ideas out there? I want to use PET clear plastic bottles and a good chemical type sprayer that will fit on them... Any ideas here? I used to use the Spray Master bottles from Lowes (grey ones) but it seems the newer ones are not as good as they used to be 3-4 years ago. Any other good sprayers that will fit on a clear PET bottle from say U.S. Plastics?

SKS Bottle and Packaging is another company I found that will even do your own labels if needed. Anyone here ever use them?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn F.
    I would like to bump this thread if possible and see if there are any other ideas out there? I want to use PET clear plastic bottles and a good chemical type sprayer that will fit on them... Any ideas here? I used to use the Spray Master bottles from Lowes (grey ones) but it seems the newer ones are not as good as they used to be 3-4 years ago. Any other good sprayers that will fit on a clear PET bottle from say U.S. Plastics?

SKS Bottle and Packaging is another company I found that will even do your own labels if needed. Anyone here ever use them?

I`ve done some research on bottles. Sprayer`s are hit or miss, and are the most expensive part of the bottle. The magic number you are looking for spray triggers to fit spray bottles are bottles that are 28/400 or 28/410. I believe most spray triggers are designed for 28/400 bottles, but the 28/410 bottles will also work. The difference being that the 410 bottles have more thread for the caps.

I`ve bought stuff from SKS Bottle. Their spray triggers seem to be pretty decent. If you buy them in bulk, less than $1 a piece.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information