Post Thanks / Like
    These are my wheels. Can anyone recommend a wheel brush that will help me get in between the tight spokes?

I was thinking about getting a Daytona wheel brush. There`s also a similar brush called the E-Z Detail brush. I`m not sure if they are thin enough to get in between some of the spokes. What would you guys recommend?

Daytona

Amazon.com: Daytona Speed Master Wheel Brush: Automotive

EZ Detail

Amazon.com: EZ Detail Brush: Automotive

*this is not my pic, but I have the same wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Both those brushes should work fine. I`d probably just use a wash mitt or MF towel to clean between those tight spokes.

For cleaning the barrels you can look at the wheel woollies too! These are pretty awesome and you won`t get the "spatter" that the EZ can give you.

DI Brushes Lambs Wool Premium Wheel Brush - 3" - Free Shipping Available | Detailed Image

They also make a "mini" EZ brush.

This is the medium sized (2") wool brush that I used to clean these Vette wheel slots.

Post Thanks / Like
    N54power- While the brushes might work fine for between the spokes, I`d also want to have some of the little Wheel Washing Mitts sold by Griot`s (pn 10209 for the sheepskin one, pn 11838 for the foam). Those are what I`d use to clean the back sides of the spokes and probably the barrels too.

Oh, and Welcome to Autopia!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by N54power
    These are my wheels.

Very nice, I must say.

I`d grab yourself some sponges and cut them to size. A sponge will be just about perfect for this. People like the grout sponges from Home Depot.

I do like the Daytona brush - - just right for getting the inside of the wheel

Welcome aboard, N54 !

Post Thanks / Like
    i got tired of getting covered with black spots from using the daytona/ez brushes so i moved onto ace power sticks and wheel woolies. griots has these Two Micro Fiber Wheel Wands - Cleaning Tools - Wheels & Tires - Car Care - Griot`s Garage look the same as wheel woolies. the griots items accumulator points out will work well. i have the three finger foam ones, haven`t tried the sheepskin ones yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tom p.
    I do like the Daytona brush - - just right for getting the inside of the wheel...

I, OTOH, do *NOT* like the Daytona/etc. brushes for wheels. I`ll use mine for some other things (cleaning coil springs, getting between exhaust systems or driveshafts and the floorpan of the vehicle, etc.) but not for the wheels. Missed too much [stuff] for one thing, always had to go back and redo the area with some other media anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Wascallyrabbit
    i got tired of getting covered with black spots from using the daytona/ez brushes...

Yeah, that too.

the griots items accumulator points out will work well. i have the three finger foam ones, haven`t tried the sheepskin ones yet...

When I got that little sheepskin one I was expecting it to be a waste of money, but I was pleasantly surprised and it quickly became something that I really use a lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve worked on a bunch of BMW`s with those exact wheels and similar. The small wheel woolie works perfectly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent suggestions. Thanks guys!

Post Thanks / Like
    N54 welcome aboard - I love the 135 Style wheels (let me guess 335 ?) I would go with the lamb skin woolie too - the daytona brush would be great to clean the insides of the wheels. Although in all honesty I would get a cheap grout sponge for that. Heck they are so cheap you could probably custom trim one.
    2005 Pontiac GTP ---> 2008 BMW 535 xi

Post Thanks / Like
    Small size ez brush (what I almost always wind up using) and wheel woollies.

Thread Information