Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee364
    I usually always stay out of the monthly Zymol Vintage/Royale threads, as they usually deteriorate into "Why would people spend...?", "It can`t be worth the price....", "I can`t see any difference...." shouting matches. But anyway...

I`ve been a Vintage owner for about four years. I`ve tried a ton of LSP`s, sealants and waxes alike. Do I like Vintage? Hell yes I do. Properly spit shined, it`s the best looking `nuba I`ve ever used. Is it the perfect LSP? Far from it. Sure, it looks good, and has very good ease-of-cleaning properties, but the durability sucks, and it`s not exactly the easiest to use. It must be cured *just right* before you remove the residue, or you`ll never get the look from it you want. It can also out gas for quite a while afterwards if you don`t spit shine it correctly. Yeah, it can be a PITA. Is it right for everyone? No. Is it right for certain people/certain cars? Yup. Worth the price of admission? If you have to ask, then no, it`s not... *FOR YOU*. But just because someone wants to drop their hard earned coin on it, doesn`t make them a fool; their money, their choice as to how to spend it.

As to those that have tried it, and didn`t like the look, the chances are very good that you didn`t use it correctly. There is quite a learning curve to using it correctly. I`ve spent more time on this subject in PM`s with people than I`d care to admit, so no, I`m not gonna PM you back and forth a bunch of times til you get it right. Sorry... been there/done that.

And so the same old tired arguments continue... "does a Rolex tell time better than a Timex?", "Is a Ferrari better than a Corvette?", "Is a Rolls better than a Chevy?", And of course, "Is Vintage/Royale better than Turtle Wax?"

The price to performance ratio of *any* product is decided by the person making the purchase. It is up to that person, and that person only, to decide if they got value for their purchase.

Now that was a valueable contribution. I agree.

2007 BMW ///M3 Jerez Black /Fox Red/Carbon

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the opportunity to view a car finished with Vintage at the weekend, the member is actually on here and is very skilled within detailing.

He had some raceglaze black label, crystal rock and vintage amoungst others.

So, vintage was the only wax on the car which promoted the natural paint colour, this car has a slight purple hue to the paintwork which wasn`t visible through the sealant like crystal rock, or the black label.

I would go out on a leg here and say this is one of the only waxes, tested around 25, in my 10 years as a serious detailer that has ever produced a protection finish which promotes the natural hues of the paintwork, maybe there is some clever marketing but this wax does something nothing else I have ever seen does. Now if no other product IMHO produces this finish that Vintage can, how do you price this ? There isn`t another wax which I have tested or seen which offers this, however, I am currently waiting on a wax smartwax concours and would also like to buy souvern.

I estimate I have spend around c£500 on these waxes to find one which is similar to Vintage so the argument is I should have bought Vintage in the first place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried any of the Victorias?

Post Thanks / Like
    I heard the owner of victoria used to work at zymol...

I just bought zymol concours and glasur. I used chaos, collector and red concours from vic. I want to know if they are the same

I have a feeling chaos and glasur might look very similar!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ_

I estimate I have spend around c£500 on these waxes to find one which is similar to Vintage so the argument is I should have bought Vintage in the first place.

That is an excellent arguement. My father in law is a tight A$$. He has plenty of money. Yet he constantly looks at a quality product, and then purchases a much cheaper one. Only to have the cheaper one fail. He then buys another cheaper one, that also fails.

Everytime he spends more money on the cheap ones and ends up with nothing workable. He would have saved money and still had a quality working product, if he had of bought the Quality one first.

He may not be able to learn from his misatkes, But I can. I don`t insist on making every mistake myself. I can learn from others. :jaw:

JJ I was waiting for someone to talk about why Vinatge is so good. You know I will buy it now right? :hifive:

2007 BMW ///M3 Jerez Black /Fox Red/Carbon

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti
    Have you tried any of the Victorias?

Yes I have tried concours and mayhem.

I also have tried smartwax concours which has similar ingredients to destiny, however, it has a strong solvent smell.

I would argue till the cows come home that vintage gives you a look that no other wax in my opinion has ever matched. This wax promotes the hues of paint which other waxes do not achieve.

How it does it ? If i knew that I would be a millionaire !

It`s a wax that if you can get a sample of it is well worth a go, I admit it is extremely expensive and I personally feel it is overpriced. My question is how do you price an item that no other product can reproduce. It even lasts quite a long time, reports of 2 years from garage queens from a friend.

It`s just tremendous.

Post Thanks / Like
    What did you think of the Victoria Concours?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think Vic Concours is extremely good for the money, not much can offer what it does at that price.

It gives a nice buttery wet finish, I had it on my Boxster for a few months a more reflective wax than glasur. It really is hard to beat at the price, Vic Concours is certainly one that stands out for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    What other wax can you compare it to as far as looks go? You said "reflective" - is that like P21S looks-wise? Thanks for the feedback.

Post Thanks / Like
    I only have one experience with Zymol`s Royale, but I can report that is was quite pleasant and it looked outstanding.

Only having used it once, on one type of finish, on one color, its hard to compare to other products I`m more familiar with.
    Marc Harris from AutoLavish Fine Automobile Care of Michigan

Post Thanks / Like
    What other wax can you compare it to as far as looks go? You said "reflective" - is that like P21S looks-wise? Thanks for the feedback.

I would say Zymol Vintage is like #7 meguiars glaze where it illuminates the bodywork, it allows hue`s of paint to come through which I have never seen replicated by the 24 waxes I have personally tried.

Zymol Vintage also sheets water and beads differently than most waxes IMHO

The paint looks wetter, deeper and promotes colour transparency - how it promotes the hue`s I have NO idea. The only way I have been able to replicate this is to glaze my car with meguiars #7 continually.

Looks wise it may be similar to P21s but it has more substance and certainly lasts longer. It is slightly more wet than Vic Concours and deeper too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I `get` the #7 analogy. Never heard it described that way but easily to visualise. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I `get` the #7 analogy. Never heard it described that way but easily to visualise. Thanks.

Thats the easiest way to describe it, it seems no other wax company has thought of this. Suppose it makes sense if their waxes are known as estate glazes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcHarris
    I only have one experience with Zymol`s Royale, but I can report that is was quite pleasant and it looked outstanding.

Only having used it once, on one type of finish, on one color, its hard to compare to other products I`m more familiar with.

" Baller Status "
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    JJ_

Having used #7 for over 2 decades I also get what you are saying.

Q1: Prior to using Zymol Vintage do you final prep with Zymol`s HD_Cleanse? If not then what do you use?

Q2: You have used quite a few high end waxes. Which of them are you favorite 4 or 5 based on looks? (ex...gloss, richness, darkening or lightening affect, color enhancement, amount of beads...)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information