Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Guys, I haven`t been here in a very LONG time. So I probably don`t know anyone anymore. The board has changed so much I don`t regonise it.

I used to frequent here when David had his Perfect Shine Process. Klasse Twins and Top with PS. I used to do my BMW ///M5 like that.

I bought a Brand New 350 Z in 2006. Silver. A perfect test car for my first use of Zaino. I bought everything Z, and only used things that had Z on it.

Now I did this vehicle from Brand Spanking new. Stripped it back with the Dishwashing detergant. Z-Clay barred it. Used three coats of Z2 and Z5.

Used ZFX in it as well. I hate Z6. too hard to get off. Z-8 Way better. Love Z-8.

O.K. So whilst I used to wax my ///M5 every week.........well O.K.......by every week I mean EVERY WASH which was sometimes 2 to 3 times a week...

..Yes I either belong in an assylumn or Here. LOL

SO the 350Z Z test. In 2007 we had water restrictions. I did not wash the Z for one year. I know that brought dead silence on the room. It never got muddy so to speak.

Only driven on sealed roads.

So then I thought I will have to strip it all back and start again. So I washed the car, and I couldn`t believe it. The car Popped and had shine like it was brand new.

I was gobb smacked. So I left it on the driveway. My wife came home and said, Did you spend all day polishing your car? I smiled like an idiot and said,

No I just washed it for the first time in a year.

Now I never meant to go a year without washing it, but I got busy and it happened.

So the next 4 years I washed the car monthly. Oh it hurts when I write it. I wiped over the car with Z8 no more than 6 times over those following four years.

Then at Five years from the day, I washed the car, and Z-8 wipe over and took it in and sold the car.

I am not a Zaino pusher, and never have been. But I have to tell you, If you have a Lazy car.......one you don`t want to spend a lot of time on it after you set it up,

then Zaino truely lasts like no other. The gloss level was still there after fibe years. I had about 72,000 Km`s on the car. Not huge km`s.

Anyway, I plan on buying the Z`s big brother.....Godzilla. That will get a load more attention to DETAIL...if you know what I mean.

I just came back to share that....and see what`s new and or better. I am definately going to do all of my childrens cars from New with Zaino, as they don`t share my passion for rubbing metal.

I shine wood during the day. LOL...No not that sort of wood......Timber. I polish Timber floors, during the day, and I like to Polish metal at Night.

I am a professional at polishing Timber floors, but I just loving detailing my own cars.

Regards MJ.

2007 BMW ///M3 Jerez Black /Fox Red/Carbon

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for posting the follow up! Was the car garaged?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Thanks for posting the follow up! Was the car garaged?

Hi Dan, For the first four years, yes it was. Until I setup my home gym. Then the car stayed on the driveway.

The biggest difference between Zaino and Pinnacle Souveran, is Dust. I love the look and feel of PS. But it is a Dust magnet.

I had to wash my ///M5 at least twice a week to get rid of the fine layer of dust on it.

Whereas the Zaino never attracted the Dust. My next car I will Zaino, but I most likely will either Z8 after every wash, and desperately try to avoid the urge to top it with PS. I know it will look fantastic topped with PS. But that means back to bi-weekly washing and rubbing, Which isn`t necessarily a bad thing with a new toy.

I was shocked at how good the Z looked after 5 years of neglect. The Zaino doesn`t give the car that slick feel like the PS. But it still looked great 5 years later.

The P.S. really only lasts a week in our heat. We don`t get snow or anything here. Its summer 9 months of the year here.

Regards MJ.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for responding. I concur, PS is a dust magnet, and if you have rain, the magic washes away quickly. The kicker is nothing comes close to duplicating that look. Poorboys spray and wipe (on top of any good sealant) seems to get about 1/2 way there, but it is also a dust magnet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow if Zaino looks just like Souveran, I`ll switch. I was thinking BFWD but maybe I ought just go Zaino ( or Duragloss?) huh?
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Woah Bill. I never said Zaino looks just like Souveran. Thats a HUGE statement. Way too big for me to make. I just said that I was shocked at how Long the Zaino lasted when neglected. PS gives the unbeatable look. But it requires constant love and attention. Which I don`t mind doing on the new expensive cars.

I just never did it with the Z. Here is a poor pic, of the Z. Neglected for five years. Its the only shot I have. I will look for others. The car is dirty and it was a cheap camera.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, thanks for the clarification.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    I never quite understand the zaino crowd... 3 coats of sealant and glaze? What was the prep before hand? There`s simply no way that lasted beyond a year. The "pop" was surely seeing a dirty car clean after a year of neglect.....and 5 years later? Not a chance...that`s just enhancing using a quick detailer.

It was a nice story, but I just don`t get the fluff this product receives. It`s good, but it`s not a miracle product, and even the best products like OptiCoat aren`t going to last 5 years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Scooby24, No fluff. I was shocked. I expected it to be dull and destroyed. It was not some magical or mystical look. It cirtainly was not upto autopian standards.

It wasn`t upto show car standards. It was no where near as good as a freshly PS vehicle. But it was shiny. It never looked like an Autopian`s car. Few cars ever do.

But it did look like something that was New. I never expected it. I didn`t care whether it did it or not.

I now don`t bow down to Zaino and spread the hysteria. I am merely saying, hey this stuff does last. If you are Lazy and want something that just keeps the peace, until you get time to get back to it, then the Zaino exceeded my expectations.

Now that is a far cry from saying its the Same as PS. PS over the Klasse Twins produced the ///M5`s appearance.

Now at Two years old, I was in at the dealership, and they were delivering a Brand new ///M3. They were giving it a final detail prior to delivery.

I pulled up in my two year old ///M5. It just so happend they were both Steel Grey. (Steel Grey is a 3 series colour. I paid extra to have my 5 series done.)

They were Squawking about how great their detailer was. I told them to Feel my car. They ran their fingers across the bonnet. I said now go and feel the Brand new one he is doing. Now that was a Great story. The look on their face was priceless. No, I never told them that I had just finished topping my car with PS.

Because my car always looked like that. But my car felt slick, looked slick and was in better shape than the new one.

You don`t hear me telling stories about the Zaino like that. But the Zaino doesn`t require that Autopian Love. Its all I am saying.

I can`t leave well enough aloan. I have to see what Zaino looks like with PS over the Top. I am sure it will be a Knockout.

Now back to prep. Remeber I only Detail my brand new cars from brand new. I still Clay them to remove rail dust etc. But they shouldn`t have oxidization or many swirls. Capiche?

Post Thanks / Like
    So, you`re not spreading Zaino hysteria, but you`re making threads claiming a 5 year zaino test? It`s beyond reasonable to think there`s ANY z2 or z5 on the car 5 years after application. That gloss was the z8 which is a quick fix. There`s a big elephant in the room here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooby24
    I never quite understand the zaino crowd... 3 coats of sealant and glaze? What was the prep before hand? There`s simply no way that lasted beyond a year. The "pop" was surely seeing a dirty car clean after a year of neglect.....and 5 years later? Not a chance...that`s just enhancing using a quick detailer.

It was a nice story, but I just don`t get the fluff this product receives. It`s good, but it`s not a miracle product, and even the best products like OptiCoat aren`t going to last 5 years.

Two more points I would like to make.

Whilst I am an Autopian, I never felt the need to detail the five year old Z before selling it. As it was upto car yard standard with just a quick detail.

Two. Then if you believe NOT A CHNACE that it lasted and it was just the quick detail, then Z8 has to be the greatest Quick detail on the planet bar NONE.

The choice is yours. I don`t know which is true. All I am saying is, this Z was Shiny after five years. It never looked like the ///M5. But it was shiny.

I have no idea how good zaino is on an old car, or how it would restore anything. My only experience with it is after having set it up, like the directions, from brand new, it appeared to last. I beleiev that had I of Redone the car, it would have come upto autopian standards. That what great condition the paintwork was in.

There was no oxidation. It looked good and shiny. Thats it. Make of it what you will. All I make out of it is, that Zaino does last and it does protect. Nothing more than that. It looked good for five years with only a half dozen quick details.

Post Thanks / Like
    So, you`re not spreading Zaino hysteria, but you`re making threads claiming a 5 year zaino test? It`s beyond reasonable to think there`s ANY z2 or z5 on the car 5 years after application. That gloss was the z8 which is a quick fix. There`s a big elephant in the room here.

I don`t get what you are getting at. I think you are anti-Zaino. Let`s make this 100% clear. I think PS over the Klasse Twins prodeces the best finsih I have ever seen to date. Better than Zymol, or Swissol or many others I have tested. AND YES BETTER THAN ZAINO. Are you listening.

I shall say it again......I think PS over The Klasse Twins produces a Better deeper shine than ZAINO.

I have no affiliation with any product. When I find something better than Klasse Twins and PS I will switch to it.

Zaino is my product of choice when I don`t want to spend many loving hours rubbing the metal of a car. For instance, ny kids cars. I will set them up.

But I/m not going to top their cars with PS every week. But I will do my own. Capiche?

Post Thanks / Like
    I can`t say I neglect my cars enough to get a truly good test from a QD, but a buddy of mine brought by his black work truck. Completely LSP free and showing oxidation. Just had time for a quick wash and FK 425. Richened the color to a deep black, made it slick like it had just been corrected and was beading water a month later.

There are other QD`s out there with this ability too.

Post Thanks / Like

The thread was not titled, Mystical Zaino produced Show car shine after five years. Then I would agree with you. I was just reporting back that I thought the Z looked great after 5 years of what I consider Neglect.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can`t say I neglect my cars enough to get a truly good test from a QD, but a buddy of mine brought by his black work truck. Completely LSP free and showing oxidation. Just had time for a quick wash and FK 425. Richened the color to a deep black, made it slick like it had just been corrected and was beading water a month later.

There are other QD`s out there with this ability too.

Hi Scooby, I am sure there are many great ones. It may well be the Z8 that was the majorly responsible for the shine. I think you have to understand the difference between Autopian Lasts and real world Lasts.

Autopian Lasts, in my Mind.....PS. last about a week, or until it gets wet. It washes off with water. It no longer has that magical Autopian Depth and shine.

Real world, I probably never needed to touch that car again for a YEAR.

Now the Z, it looked real world Good after five years. The only time it looked Autopian Good would have been the first 3 months.

Does that settle it in your mind?

Sane people what a shiny look for years with minimal effort. I believe Zaino delivers on that. Autopians, want Insane looks and will do Insane things to get it.

Like waxing twice a week after a 20 step setup process. I am all for that insanity.

Regards MJ. Not a Zanino Zealot. LOL. But I think its a good product.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information