Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

After washing, if I have time, I like to apply ZCS. I figure it will re-seal, add protection, and make everything last longer.

In general it has been great and worked well on two cars.

On one of the two ONLY, when I apply ZCS, within the next few days if the car is wet, I get white circles. They look like a film, and I can essentially "peel" them with my finger. They really just smudge away, they dont peel up, but the white mark will wrinkle.

It only happens on my blue car, an 11 135i, not on my silver car, an 04 Saab 9-3. And its not just that they blend to the saab`s color, Ive looked very carefully.

Any ideas?

Id imagine it would be associated somehow with too heavy an application, but I always apply the same, always go light so there is only the slightest sign of a film immediately as I wipe, and it is gone within seconds. I never let the product look wet and sitting on any panel. And it only happens on one of the two cars.

After this happens, it goes away (I generally leave them versus wiping or rewashing or anything, due to time), and it doesnt happen again. I cant say Ive ever applied ZCS in my garage where the car wouldnt become wet with dew within a number of hours after application.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Any chance you are parking that particular car under something that is leaving some sort of deposits, like a tree?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Any chance you are parking that particular car under something that is leaving some sort of deposits, like a tree?

Nope. Ive seen this at locations 100+ miles away from each other, parked in the clear, etc.

I do feel that moisture/water drops may have something to do with it though...

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used ZCS pretty extensively under scores of different scenarios and have not had anything like this happen.
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    ^ yeah, and its odd that it is only one car. The BMW has ONLY EVER had zaino products since new, BTW, so it couldnt be some old residue side reaction or something like that...

Thread Information