Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    i`m sold. Thanks so much for such a well assembled thread.

<span style="color:#000000;">jaison tortorea, ts</span><span style="color:#ff33cc;">|</span><span style="color:#000000;">s Detailing</span>
    <span style="font-size:12px;">Cincinnati Car Detailing
    Cincinnati Clear Bra</span></p>

<span style="font-size:12px;">Northern KY Car Detailing</span></p>

<span style="font-size:12px;">Northern KY Clear Bra</span>

Post Thanks / Like
    So what is that? 476 on the outer side of the mirror? or collinite 845

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hacadacalopolis
    So what is that? 476 on the outer side of the mirror? or collinite 845

That is still the 845 from the beginning of the thread. The 476 is on the other mirror

Post Thanks / Like
    Leadfootluke- Too bad I couldn`t work out the FK1000P sample, since you`re so fearless about putting the 476S on I really do want to use you as a control-test, see if recommending that is a good idea or not.

You`re *not* using a leaves-stuff-behind QD on the mirrors are you? I`m guessing that you`re not, and note that doing that can help this approach last even longer.

My current/new QD-fave on black trim (LSPed or not) is ValuGard`s Fast Finish, which Ron Ketcham recommended I try. I`m not sold on it for use on all the paint/the rest of the vehicle, but I sure like it for some things including trim.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Leadfootluke- Too bad I couldn`t work out the FK1000P sample, since you`re so fearless about putting the 476S on I really do want to use you as a control-test, see if recommending that is a good idea or not.

You`re *not* using a leaves-stuff-behind QD on the mirrors are you? I`m guessing that you`re not, and note that doing that can help this approach last even longer.

My current/new QD-fave on black trim (LSPed or not) is ValuGard`s Fast Finish, which Ron Ketcham recommended I try. I`m not sold on it for use on all the paint/the rest of the vehicle, but I sure like it for some things including trim.

Honestly, I am not using a QD at all on the mirrors as of late. When I used OID I would mist the whole car and dry it, but since the temperatures have dropped so low, I use mf`s to dry the windows and mirrors/housings, and then I am using a QD on the paint. When the temps are this low [and the wind is prevalent], it is easiest for me to use a localized approach with QD, spraying it on the towel and drying as opposed to misting it on the car. This time of year I find QD to smear a little bit more, so I use less and I don`t mist the whole car at once.

Also, I didn`t take a picture of the other mirror with 845/476 because there was not sufficient lighting to see the difference in the two sides.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another update!

6700 miles, a bit of snow and slush, random temperatures, and not getting washed a lot.

One of the big concerns I had, was that I used Car Wash and an APC to strip the wax so I could add a fresh coat of 476 and I did wash the mirror housings. I also liberally used glass cleaner and hit the mirror housing as well.

With and without flash for added detail.

And the 845 on the roof trim is still beading and sheeting water quite well.

Still going strong and winter is supposed to hit hard this week, but I will be sure to get an update when I can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! 845 is amazing on trim. Thanks for 845 trim chronicle, Leadfootluke. Much appreciated. :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Makes you wonder why you`d want to buy trim-specific products, when 845 looks good and lasts so long...

Post Thanks / Like
    Leadfootluke- Cool! And keep those updates coming Seeing its performance in your pix sure beats just hearing me rave about it

Quote Originally Posted by umi000
    Makes you wonder why you`d want to buy trim-specific products, when 845 looks good and lasts so long...

Exactly! I only use the "slime approach" when I have a very good reason to do so (namels, the LSP-based approach won`t work for some reason).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti
    Wow! 845 is amazing on trim. Thanks for 845 trim chronicle, Leadfootluke. Much appreciated. :xyxthumbs

Yes it is, and you`re welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by umi000

I agree. Why buy very expensive trim protectant when this application probably cost $0.15. Given, it does not work perfect on all plastics and needs to be done correctly or you will have staining.

Post Thanks / Like
    8800 mile update! So far Winter has been weird, we have had about 20 inches of snow all year, so much less than normal. We have had plenty of days with rain or snow though, and a variety of temperatures. I have washed with numerous different washes in the last month as well, including P21S Paint Conditioning Shampoo, Wolfgangs Auto Bathe, Meguiars Shampoo Plus, Meguiars Gold Class, and Optimum Car Wash [Still my favorite by far]. I had several portioned bottles and decided to use a different one every wash.

I washed my car today but forgot to take pictures. I grabbed a few tonight when I got home from work, which I had to use a flash for. I will have to get better daylight ones too at some point, but it is evident that the 845 remains, and remains strong as far as darkening the plastic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the update!

Post Thanks / Like
    I just love how you can pratically rub 845 on the whole freaking care in most instances.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Affordable/Mobile

Post Thanks / Like
    6 MONTH and 11,000 MILE update! We have had an array of weather, ranging from snow to 60* in the last week. So far I have driven my car in it all. It is by no means dead, but I am almost ready to restart the test with 476. Which will possibly happen after I detail my car... unless I OC it instead

Here are some pictures, unfortunately the car wasn`t washed, but it still shows how it is still darkening the finish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Leadfootluke- Heh heh, I can`t believe you`ve lived with that half-and-half look on the mirror housing for so long!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information