Post Thanks / Like
    I`m getting ready to add speed shine, aquawax, and FK425 into the mix, so I thought it would be good to do a quick comparison of what I already have.

Strongest smell was Adam`s - coming in with super bubble gum smell. The rest had a fairly mild smell that I didn`t notice enough to be comment-worthy.

The car was in the garage around 80 degrees, has some mild dust on it. It had a coat of 476 put on about 4 weeks ago and that was topped with CG XXX about two weeks ago. I used five areas of the hood - one being a control area that I wiped with a dry microfiber (hey, its my test vehicle). No real cleaning ability tests here, I was only interested in ease of use and slickness.

Adam`s was still my favorite. It goes on kind of smeary but then flashes quickly. So spray on, wipe, notice some product left that smeared, then it flashes off. No streaking. Left the surface the slickest out of all by a noticeable margin.

Coming in second was 3D final touch. This one streaked a tiny amount, which is more than I want for a product I`m using even in the garage out of the sun. It wasn`t a big deal, but this was the only one that required me turning over the microfiber to a dry spot and doing a quick swipe or two. Also left the surface slightly slicker, but not as much as Adam`s.

ONR and meg`s ultimate quick detail both did not leave the surface noticeably slicker than the control area. Since I`m only after slickness, I wouldn`t recommend these products as a drying aid for slickness. ONR I do still like for winter washing, door jams, interior, and on and on, but it does not have the slickness I want for freshing up wax.

All slickness tests independently confirmed by my wife, who didn`t even know what products I was testing but has become used to playing along at this point.

So, next up will be a comparison of Adam`s v. speedshine v. FK425 v. aquawax.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by extrabolts

All slickness tests independently confirmed by my wife, who didn`t even know what products I was testing but has become used to playing along at this point.

So, next up will be a comparison of Adam`s v. speedshine v. FK425 v. aquawax.

Nice, you`re a lucky man! Out of what you`ve used, the 3D is the only one I`m familiar with, but when using AW remember that it will feel a little slicker the day after application. Just something to keep in mind when you get it, so you don`t write it off as not as slick as you`d like.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have Adam`s detail spray and 3D final touch and I think they look and smell the same. I have used them both recently and can`t tell much of a difference *yet*

I will be using them both again soon and hopefully will see a noticeable difference.

Thread Information