Thread: Gtechniq C5

Post Thanks / Like
    I posted on another site but figured I`d post on here as well:

Holy sh*t this stuff works awesome! I have a client with a BMW 5 series that I see once a month like clock work. He does not wash, or have it washed until I am there. I thought it would be a great candidate to test C5 Wheel Armor. Last month I applied it to half of the front driver wheel and half of the rear driver wheel. I didn`t remember what half was the one with the coating so I just sprayed the wheel down and couldn`t believe me eyes.

Heres a video, since I didn`t know exactly where the coating was I kind of missed it. Look to the right of the wheel, thats where the coating is.

Post Thanks / Like
    its pretty obvious which half has c5 and which doesn`t. is that one months worth of brake dust? mine are worse than that after a week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah that`s one month. Usually they are worse but he`s been driving his Porsche more. I have a client with a cayenne that I`m going to try the C5 on because his are 10 times worse after a week. I`ll post a video of those as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    A very expensive product. $69.00 for 25ml .... How many rims can you do will 25ml`s ???
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s good stuff Jason. I might have to try it. I`ve been using Cquartz on my client`s cars and it works wonders as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    MDRX8, I will keep you updated on that. I will probably apply it to a clients car tomorrow, this will give me a better idea of how long the product lasts.

Anson, I used and still have some CQ but can`t stand the application. I have had so much trouble applying that **** that I stopped using it. I have been using Opti Coat and love it. Amazing coating!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks let us know how it works out
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Well thanks to the rain, I wasn`t at my clients house today. I did some other cars at a shop that don`t go anywhere so the coating would have been pointless to test. Give me another week and I will apply it. I am at this guys house every Monday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where can this be purchased in the USA? Thanks!

Regards,

Frank A.

Post Thanks / Like
    pakshak carries gtechinq. or you can order direct from gtechniq (there are in the uk) they do ship to the US.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MDRX8
    A very expensive product. $69.00 for 25ml .... How many rims can you do will 25ml`s ???

I wonder as well. That`s a lot of cash.

Is the primary selling point that it cleans off easily or that it stays cleaner longer? I have always been disappointed in products that claim either of these benefits.

Does it really allow cleaning the wheel with a spray and give results an Autopian would be proud of? Or does it still need a wipe down? It seems that if it still needs a wipe it would not be worth it.

Curious.
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    As far as how much can you do with one bottle....I used the entire bottle on 5 wheels. This was half of the front and half of the back of the BMW that I posted the videos from. Then I applied it to 4 Cayenne wheels this week, but I did the front and the inside of the wheels so the entire wheel is coated. They are 20`s or 22`s??? Not sure. The amount I used could be due to applying too much, and/or the type of wheels. The Cayenne has a very multi spoke pita wheel. I HATE cleaning these wheels because they are such a pain and they get so dirty in 1 weeks time. SO, hopefully if the weather is fine this Monday coming up, I will report back and let you guys know.

Brad, I will report on this as well. This next Monday I will only spray the wheels down and see what I am left with. It will all be on video.

Hopefully I applied it correctly and achieve the same results you guys saw in the video above.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used it on 2 customer`s cars both DD. Did one beginning of June and it still looks shiny, glossy after just a hosedown spray and a Z-6 wipe with a mf. C5 definitely does not hold onto alot of brake dust.

Going to do my own car this weekend.

Does anyone know if C5 is layerable?

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice! Thanks for the cool video and info. The cost has always stopped me from getting C5 as well. I keep thinking how much better could it be than using CQ or OC for which I can get a lot more for the money. And if it is better than why wouldn`t it be better on the rest of the car as well? Anyway, my buddy Jim bought like 5 kits of the C5 he loved it so much but I still haven`t gone for it.

Thanks again,

Cheers

Thread Information