Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    This 20mL syringe is jive. How do i get more of this stuff at once? I can normally get 2-3 cars out of one syringe but twice now I`ve had to leave a job unfinished b/c I ran out of OC :Cry:

<span style="color:#000000;">jaison tortorea, ts</span><span style="color:#ff33cc;">|</span><span style="color:#000000;">s Detailing</span>
    <span style="font-size:12px;">Cincinnati Car Detailing
    Cincinnati Clear Bra</span></p>

<span style="font-size:12px;">Northern KY Car Detailing</span></p>

<span style="font-size:12px;">Northern KY Clear Bra</span>

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does Opti-Guard (the `professional` version) come in larger quantities?
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tssdetailing
    This 20mL syringe is jive. How do i get more of this stuff at once? I can normally get 2-3 cars out of one syringe but twice now I`ve had to leave a job unfinished b/c I ran out of OC :Cry:

Order OptiCoat 2.0. At check out, choose quantity 2. Done.zz:

Opti Guard comes in 40ml size, but it is trickier to apply. I`d stick to 2.0

Post Thanks / Like
    i don`t think opti guard is that much harder it just cures faster than opti coat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wascallyrabbit
    i don`t think opti guard is that much harder it just cures faster than opti coat.
    That`s what I meant. Heaven help you if OG cures before it completely flashes off. I`m going to try OC 2.0 next, on the recommendation of someone I trust who has used both. I`ve personally had very few issues with OG, but the ones I did have were no fun to fix.

Post Thanks / Like
    I started with Opti-Coat 2.0 and then moved on to Opti-Guard. Can`t say I noticed much difference re application difficulty.

Order OptiCoat 2.0. At check out, choose quantity 2. Done.
    That would be a very expensive way to buy 40cc of product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gmk

That would be a very expensive way to buy 40cc of product.

Not really. With discount codes and free shipping offers, the price difference is negligible.

Might be different where you`re at though! I doubt anyone would ship free to down under!

Post Thanks / Like
    From a professional standpoint the 20mL syringe is completely stupid. I look ridiculous circling a car with one in hand. Why can`t they bottle this stuff like OptiSeal so i can just spray and wipe. Even if the 10oz bottle cost a few hundred bucks it would be more cost effective.

<span style="color:#000000;">jaison tortorea, ts</span><span style="color:#ff33cc;">|</span><span style="color:#000000;">s Detailing</span>
    <span style="font-size:12px;">Cincinnati Car Detailing
    Cincinnati Clear Bra</span></p>

<span style="font-size:12px;">Northern KY Car Detailing</span></p>

<span style="font-size:12px;">Northern KY Clear Bra</span>

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikenap
    Not really. With discount codes and free shipping offers, the price difference is negligible.

I just checked with one online retailer currently having a sale. Two 20cc syringes of OC2.0 come out to be the same price shipped as one 40cc direct from OPT. Again, I`ve only used OG but have heard from a reliable detailer that he has experienced easier use with OC2.0

Post Thanks / Like
    From a professional standpoint the 20mL syringe is completely stupid. I look ridiculous circling a car with one in hand. Why can`t they bottle this stuff like OptiSeal so i can just spray and wipe. Even if the 10oz bottle cost a few hundred bucks it would be more cost effective.

I think the reason they do that is because it reacts when exposed to air. The syringe lets you push most of the air out, and I don`t think any other kind of storage would allow that. I can dig around, but that`s the explanation I remember.:nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like

I can just see it. "This detailer does good work but I wish he`d quit shooting up in my front yard"

Post Thanks / Like
    What if the wind blows and you get overspray? Could be quite a mess. What if the wind blows and you accidentally breathe in the overspray? If the breathe in catalyzed urethane paint, once it coats the villi of your lungs, it`s permanent. Permanent loss of breathing. That is a serious safety issue. I heard of a guy who died after one night of spraying Imron without a respirator. There was nothing the doctors could do. Also, I suspect that the spray head would clog up pretty quickly, and permanently if in a spray.

Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You are using the consumer version that was intended to coat 1-3 vehicles. As a professional, you have the option of sending me a waiver and getting the pro version. Optiguard is only available directly in 40cc syringes for $100 plus shipping. You can transfer a few cc`s into a sprayer, which I do, but it must be stored in the syringe away from air and moisture. It will also dry in and lock up any sprayer head that`s not immediately flushed with water after use so actually storing it in a sprayer will not work. I buy the travel sized 2oz finger sprayers from the toiletries section at walmart for $.99 ea. I`ve also been using a microfiber applicator lately with no more product used and much less risk of thick spots. Feel free to contact me if you think the pro version will help or if you need application tips.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for weighing in Chris. Is there any way you can put up another link to your application video where you transferred to and from the sprayer?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@Optimum
    You are using the consumer version that was intended to coat 1-3 vehicles. As a professional, you have the option of sending me a waiver and getting the pro version. Optiguard is only available directly in 40cc syringes for $100 plus shipping. You can transfer a few cc`s into a sprayer, which I do, but it must be stored in the syringe away from air and moisture. It will also dry in and lock up any sprayer head that`s not immediately flushed with water after use so actually storing it in a sprayer will not work. I buy the travel sized 2oz finger sprayers from the toiletries section at walmart for $.99 ea. I`ve also been using a microfiber applicator lately with no more product used and much less risk of thick spots. Feel free to contact me if you think the pro version will help or if you need application tips.
    Do you ship to Australia?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information